+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
Absolutely. I do hope when they're researching policy changes to permanent resident application processes, they look to the most active public forum available on this topic (this one) and read commonsense solutions like this. I'm in complete agreement. I was made to wait more than three months before my application was returned to me due to a missing document. Needless frustration and wasted time.

Car0line

Nov 8, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
27/09/2018
AOR Received.
06/12/2018
Med's Done....
22/01/2019
Passport Req..
27/09/2019
I am currently in Canada on TRV while my Outland application is in process. Just got my medical request.

1. Does anyone know if it will be a problem if I do my medical here in Canada? Should I go back to the Philippines to do it?

2. Is it gonna be a problem if I stay here to wait for my PR application? I don't plan to overstay. I plan to leave before 6 months or request for an extension if need be (just a tourist not working at all)

Passed: September 26, 2018
AOR DEC 7
MEDICAL Jan 16

gelairiz

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Finally i succesfully linked my application on gckey. I have some questions though. Will my husband (sponsor) still be receiving emails from cic regarding our application? Is there something we need to do for his email to be linked online too? Thanks for helping. GODbless

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
You are right, it would make more sense that "Proof of intent to move back" would be done in Canada, but local visa offices abroad are like small parts of Canada. It is still officers who are employed by the Canadian Government who would process your application :)
It is not easy to prove this, but sit down with your spouse and brainstorm. Have you discussed this with your family, friends, even your spouse IN WRITING? If so, submit some e-mails, text messages, letters etc. that show this as a part of conversation. If you haven't already done so, start looking at jobs and places to live. You may want to contact them by e-mail to send a resume and inquire about possible future employment and contact realtors if buying property or rental offices if renting. Also, contact a bank to inquire about opening accounts for you and your spouse, ask them what is required for, let's say, a joint account and how to go about it. Print your correspondence and show this as proof as well.... and anything else you can think of....the more the better! :)
Before SA, they mostly look at eligibility (your status, whether you have any debts to the government, if you are on social assistance, if you have ever been convicted, if you declared bankruptcy, if you've ever been detained etc). After AOR2, it is the applicant's turn for a thorough background check once they start processing.
Thanks, yes we included all of our research and discussions regarding our move. We also included a letter from our friend in Oakville who testified that we have been discussing our move with her, and that she will be assisting us once we arrive. Had numerous job applications, apartment searches etc. We are still searching and contacting employers while the application is being processed, because if we get approved we need to have our network up and running. So if they do decide to ask for more proof, we have it. Worst case scenario - my fiance will just move before me, but the burden is unnecessary so we are hoping for the best. Our proof of intent was like 100 pages lol

Reactions: WYWH

jmc1974

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Request
04-01-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2019
Update:

App Received: Sep 10th
AOR: Dec 17th
SA:Jan 4th
Medical Request: Jan 5th
Medical Passed: Jan 19th

Awaiting Background Check........

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
How long did it take for medicals to be acknowledged? Ours were done almost two weeks ago and gckey is still showing “we sent you a request to complete medicals” I have not received a reminder so I will assume that they have received them , and maybe not updated gckey.
I Have a long wait , I know this . However the lack of updates irritates me haha

jmc1974

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Request
04-01-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2019
How long did it take for medicals to be acknowledged? Ours were done almost two weeks ago and gckey is still showing “we sent you a request to complete medicals” I have not received a reminder so I will assume that they have received them , and maybe not updated gckey.
I Have a long wait , I know this . However the lack of updates irritates me haha

We did the medical on Saturday, January 12th. We were told that CIC would have it by the following Wednesday.
Thursday I called CIC because I saw no update, agent said they hadn't received it. So I called the clinic only to find out that they hadn't even sent it to CIC yet o_O.
Anyway...they sent it on Friday and my GCKEY updated to "You passed the medical exam", the next day ECAS updated to "Medical results received"

I'd suggest calling your doctor to see if anything is the matter

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
We did the medical on Saturday, January 12th. We were told that CIC would have it by the following Wednesday.
Thursday I called CIC because I saw no update, agent said they hadn't received it. So I called the clinic only to find out that they hadn't even sent it to CIC yet o_O.
Anyway...they sent it on Friday and my GCKEY updated to "You passed the medical exam", the next day ECAS updated to "Medical results received"

I'd suggest calling your doctor to see if anything is the matter
Well just like that , I checked and it’s passed haha! I’m so impatient. I know we have a long wait but this was and important update we were both happy to see.
I now know that we will probably go months without an update as we will more than likely be forwarded to the Mexico VO, super slow office . You will see me posting my frustrations in a few months from now :)

DeepDown

Nov 21, 2018
I don't believe CIC uses regular mail for file transfers. It is their responsibility to make sure that local VOs receive files, so they will make it happen. They send files in a diplomatic bag. Not sure how often they do it, they may try to consolidate files, but I have read in one of the CIC operation manuals that AOR2 should happen within 4 weeks. I would say you are in a good place right now (especially compared to us -not even an SA yet, and our timelines are similar) :)
Medical request will come to PA shortly. Keep checking e-mails and online status. After you receive AOR2, be prepared for a period of silence. Unless they have to request additional documents, for example, you will most likely not be getting any updates from them until in the later stages.
Wish you luck! :)
Usually, how long is the period of silence?
Thanks!

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Usually, how long is the period of silence?
Thanks!
Well speaking from the experience of people I know or know their timelines, the Mexico Vo specifically is notorious for 5-6 months of silence after AOR 2. That being said , it’s a process and I am told patience is your best friend.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi guys, happy Monday :)

I (the principal applicant) received an e-mail this morning starting with:

"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada".

Is this AOR 2? The e-mail address is one of those do not reply addresses, but at the bottom of the e-mail it is signed by High Commission of Canada, Visa Section, Pretoria (which is my local visa office I assume).

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated. Still no medical request etc. but I assume that it will be requested next...

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: WYWH

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi guys, happy Monday :)

I (the principal applicant) received an e-mail this morning starting with:

"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada".

Is this AOR 2? The e-mail address is one of those do not reply addresses, but at the bottom of the e-mail it is signed by High Commission of Canada, Visa Section, Pretoria (which is my local visa office I assume).

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated. Still no medical request etc. but I assume that it will be requested next...

Thanks in advance :)
That sounds like AOR2, Congrats !!!!!!!