+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

gelairiz

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hello guys. I just received an email from CIC, a final request of my medical request and CSQ for Quebec applicants. I reveived MEdical request yesterday. Did anyone also receive an email like this?
Also, it says that i need to submit the documents to an email address they provided. Do we have to personally send the medical result to them cuz i read that the doctor will be the one sending the results to CIC

sandeep_s

Sep 27, 2018
Hello guys. I just received an email from CIC, a final request of my medical request and CSQ for Quebec applicants. I reveived MEdical request yesterday. Did anyone also receive an email like this?
Also, it says that i need to submit the documents to an email address they provided. Do we have to personally send the medical result to them cuz i read that the doctor will be the one sending the results to CIC
Yes! I got this email too. Here's what I did. Along with a few other additional documents that was requested, I mailed(via Canada Post) the Medical Information Sheet to the address mentioned in that letter. Also, I uploaded the letter into the online application too to be on the safer side. I got my spouse's medical results within 4 days after doing that (today morning, as we speak! :p). So, I'd recommend you to do something along the same lines! Cheers!

Last edited:

gelairiz

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Yes! I got this email too. Here's what I did. Along with a few other additional documents that was requested, I mailed(via Canada Post) the Medical Information Sheet to the address mentioned in that letter. Also, I uploaded the letter into the online application too to be on the safer side. I got my spouse's medical results within 4 days after doing that (today morning, as we speak! :p). So, I'd recommend you to do something along the same lines! Cheers!
Gotcha. Ill do the same. I just worry bout the CSQ (my husband is from Quebec) cuz i heard it takes weeks to get that. Hope we get it before the deadline. Thanks for the info. It surely helps a lot. Merry Christmas

Reactions: sandeep_s

sandeep_s

Sep 27, 2018
Gotcha. Ill do the same. I just worry bout the CSQ (my husband is from Quebec) cuz i heard it takes weeks to get that. Hope we get it before the deadline. Thanks for the info. It surely helps a lot. Merry Christmas
Awesome! Glad to hear that! Well, in that case, you can send multiple mails if the timelines are not matching (in the sense, if medicals are done way early as you are waiting for your CSQ). Because, if there's a delay more than the given deadline and if you have substantial proof for that, there should be no problems with the officials. Just a thought! Merry Christmas!

Reactions: gelairiz

MarinaBishara

Dec 9, 2018
This makes me so so so nervous. We made the same mistake and my application has been sitting in Sydney since July 19th with no AoR. If they do return it i lost 3 months. At least I am happy for you they didn't delay in returning yours. Best wishes.
Any updates?? Am worried too!

Jiss

May 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13,2015
Doc's Request.
Nov 9,2015
AOR Received.
July 8,2015
Med's Request
Received
Med's Done....
April 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 29,2016
They aware me about SA via Email?
Yes before they transfer the file to the visa office, you will get an email..but u can check status as well ..it will show up..

gordiewow

Star Member
Jul 22, 2018
I've successfully linked the account by using the first and last name and passport information, with three as the number of applicants (wife, me, and her adult son who is considered a "dependent" by immigration Canada's definition.

It's now saying the following -- which I guess means that nothing has been done on the account beyond the acknowledgement of receipt:

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress.

I understand this to mean that the status regarding the medical doesn't mean one isn't required, just that this will be changed once the file is updated.

I know this is the holiday period, so am not expecting anything soon, but hope after a three-month long wait to get the acknowledgement of receipt, that some positive forward movements happen early in new year. Thanks for your input and good luck to everyone on this board in 2019!

By successfully creating an account, it is not a guarantee for sponsorship approval or the success of permanent residence application. It is a tool where you can track the updates and progress of your application. It is also a way wherein the officer can communicate with you by sending you messages if there are other documents they need from you like the medical request, etc.

Reactions: Happy_mjr