+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Thanks for the quick reply @sky2828 . Is it normal for them to send out two separate mails?
Well, when you said your wife received a medical request, how did she get the request?
1. If it was via mycic in this case if you scroll down you should see the document IMM 1017E prefilled with details under "Messages about your application"?
2. If it was via an email, then it should be an attachment in the email?
3. If the application is not connected in mycic and PA's email is missing, then it might be via normal post.

zeninmaking

Jul 18, 2018
Well, when you said your wife received a medical request, how did she get the request?
1. If it was via mycic in this case if you scroll down you should see the document IMM 1017E prefilled with details under "Messages about your application"?
2. If it was via an email, then it should be an attachment in the email?
3. If the application is not connected in mycic and PA's email is missing, then it might be via normal post.
This worries me now.

I checked MyCIC, there is nothing in the "Messages about your application" section. Just says "No data available in table".
I received the request in email and normal post. It is the same letter asking for Medicals and some additional documents - a single paper. No other document :(

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
This worries me now.

I checked MyCIC, there is nothing in the "Messages about your application" section. Just says "No data available in table".
I received the request in email and normal post. It is the same letter asking for Medicals and some additional documents - a single paper. No other document :(
There should be page 2 of the document on which bottom left-corner, there will be a form number. IMM 1017 E and heading "MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY"? Download the file from your email's website to downloads, maybe the browser is playing games with you.
Else, I would suggest you call IRCC, tomorrow morning.

zeninmaking

Jul 18, 2018
There should be page 2 of the document on which bottom left-corner, there will be a form number. IMM 1017 E and heading "MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY"? Download the file from your email's website to downloads, maybe the browser is playing games with you.
Else, I would suggest you call IRCC, tomorrow morning.
I checked everything again thoroughly. I couldn't find anything pertaining to an IME#.
I will call them tomorrow. Thank you!

Reactions: adi.urban

SaRaNkdl

Dec 5, 2018
Iran
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
2018-09-24
AOR Received.
2018-12-20
Med's Request
12-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Oh congrats! I just saw this update :) My question is answered! so there was only 4-5 days between when your file was transferred and when it started processing? that's amazing :)
Thank you, Exactly, there was few days between these two steps.

Swap150389

Jul 17, 2017
I received Pre-Arrival Services letter this morning, on behalf of my husband (PR). I wasn't expecting to hear from CIC for a while, so I am pleasantly surprised. However, I am not going to get my hopes up yet. From what I have read on the forum, this means that PR eligibility was passed and that next step is BGC, which could take anywhere from a few days to several months. Pre-Arrival Services does not guarantee a quick DM/PPR, but I am very curious to see how things develop from now on. A lot of applicants received a PPR very shortly after. Some waited for a few more months...
If anyone has experience with this, can you please share it here? Thanks. :)
Hi,
My wife also received pre-arrival services letter on 7th March, It has been more than 2 weeks now, haven't heard anything since.

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Hi,
My wife also received pre-arrival services letter on 7th March, It has been more than 2 weeks now, haven't heard anything since.
That's good. Now all we need is a bit more patience. I've been thinking of this stage of the process. They are supposed to be doing BGC now and that is really something even your VO does not have control of. Let's say, they send out requests to certain institutions in your country. (criminal BGC, military BGC etc.) If they get all responses from them fast - great, they will pick up your app again and finalize it, if all is ok. BUT, if they do not receive a response, they have to follow up with another request and I don't think they do this within a week or so, I assume they set a reminder date (possibly what everyone is referring to as BFD) which could be a month away, so when they pick up your file again, they send another request for info. When all responses are received and they are satisfied, BGC is complete. Next step is DM and then PPR. It is impossible to predict how much longer it will take, so it is best not to worry, but to go about our daily business and think positively. :)
This is all speculation, of course, but it would make sense to me because some BGCs are completed within a week and some take 2 months or more. (also depends on how many countries PR has lived in, travel history and some other factors too)
Good luck to you and your wife!

Swap150389

Jul 17, 2017
That's good. Now all we need is a bit more patience. I've been thinking of this stage of the process. They are supposed to be doing BGC now and that is really something even your VO does not have control of. Let's say, they send out requests to certain institutions in your country. (criminal BGC, military BGC etc.) If they get all responses from them fast - great, they will pick up your app again and finalize it, if all is ok. BUT, if they do not receive a response, they have to follow up with another request and I don't think they do this within a week or so, I assume they set a reminder date (possibly what everyone is referring to as BFD) which could be a month away, so when they pick up your file again, they send another request for info. When all responses are received and they are satisfied, BGC is complete. Next step is DM and then PPR. It is impossible to predict how much longer it will take, so it is best not to worry, but to go about our daily business and think positively. :)
This is all speculation, of course, but it would make sense to me because some BGCs are completed within a week and some take 2 months or more. (also depends on how many countries PR has lived in, travel history and some other factors too)
Good luck to you and your wife!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, let's hope we will get the PPR soon.
Good luck to you too :)

Reactions: Aliceno and WYWH

pk107

Mar 25, 2019
Hi,

My wife's PR status:

Application Received: Oct 2nd 2018
AOR1: Dec 13th 2018
Medical Request: Jan 14th 2019
Medical Approved: Jan 21st 2019

Nothing after that... Anyone else in same situation?

PA: India

Reactions: Trust God

sandeep_s

Sep 27, 2018
Spouse's application approved - hurray!

1. Application received at Sydney, NS office - 14 September.
2. Acknowledgment of Receipt (AoR) from CIC Mississauga - 29 November.
3. Sponsorship Approval (SA) - 30 November.
4. Medical Request (MReq) - 5 December.
5. Additional Documents Request (ADReq) - 14 December.
6. Medical Appointment (MA) - 19 December.
7. Medical Information (MI) sheet + Additional Documents (ADRevd) received - 20 December.
8. Medical Results (MRes) - 24 December.
9. Background Check (BGC) - 23 February.
10. Passport Request (PPR) - 8 March.
12. Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CoPR) - 25 March.

Thanks for all your support and all the very best for all those who are waiting :)

Last edited:

WYWH

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
28-01-2019
Med's Request
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
02-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2019
LANDED..........
21-04-2019
Reactions: sandeep_s and pk107

pk107

Mar 25, 2019
@pk107
Are you able to check ECAS and GCKey status and have you called CIC to inquire about transfer of your file?

@sandeep_s Congrats!

September applicants, would you please keep updating September spreadsheet? It helps us see which stage everyone is at. If you need help with adding yourself, you can PM me with your timeline. Thanks! :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=442491913
Yes ECAS says "We have started your processing". However i am not able to see GC key status as i have a paid representative. I received an email regarding File transfer to Delhi VO on Jan 23, 2019. Nothing after that. Any idea how frequently does the ECAS status changes?

Reactions: WYWH and Trust God

Trust God

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Yes ECAS says "We have started your processing". However i am not able to see GC key status as i have a paid representative. I received an email regarding File transfer to Delhi VO on Jan 23, 2019. Nothing after that. Any idea how frequently does the ECAS status changes?
Same as mine..it said file transferred to ndvo on jan 25th and nothing after that.
However i called ircc, they said not yet started with bg check.
Anyone please suggest how long it takes to start ? Please help