+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
So I requested my GCMS notes (for sponsor) to find out what the hell this January 4th 2019 letter was about (that we never received) and it's interesting:

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS & REFUGEE
SPR Eligibility - Referred for Secondary Review

In the Notes section for, there is the following:

"Date: 2019/01/04
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text: Sponsorship Eligibility - in progress. Case referred for secondary review. SPR & PA CLAIM RELATIONSHIP BEGAN 2018/02/01. POSSIBLE EXCLUSION OF FAMILY CLASS MEMBER AS COMMON-LAW RELATIONSHIP IS LESS THAN A YEAR... "

On IMM 1344 question 8 i answered as followed:

"8a) Your current marital status: Common-Law
8b) (If you are married or in a common-law relationship) Provide the date on which you were married or entered into the common-law relationship: 2018-02-01"

This is where I think I f*cked up. I thought this was the date after you have lived together and been co-dependent for 12 months. So, on 2018-02-01 we had been living together for 12 months. Should I have actually put 2017-02-01? How should I go around fixing this?

Also...

The notes also mention the following which is confusing me:

"An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once complete forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application."

I didn't think I had to submit any medical stuff up front?

Any advice would be appreciated! So glad I requested this. Also, the GCMS request took less than 7 days!

Reactions: hdbyuka

mightydent

Feb 20, 2019
Hi everyone,

Today I received a letter stating that my sponsorship application was sent to Ankara from Sydney, Canada. My spouse’s medicals and biometrics are not yet received by them and I had two questions that I would appreciate your help with 1) My application was never sent to Mississauga does that matter? 2) What would be the next step, meaning what is going to happen in Ankara and how long does it usually take?

Thank you in advance.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi everyone,

Today I received a letter stating that my sponsorship application was sent to Ankara from Sydney, Canada. My spouse’s medicals and biometrics are not yet received by them and I had two questions that I would appreciate your help with 1) My application was never sent to Mississauga does that matter? 2) What would be the next step, meaning what is going to happen in Ankara and how long does it usually take?

Thank you in advance.
Hi there
Not everyone is lucky enough to be sent to mississauga. We all pray it’s sent there but like I said , if you are lucky . Process is 12 months . I am impatient as well , we all are haha ! Hang in there it will happen

hdbyuka

Jan 21, 2019
So I requested my GCMS notes (for sponsor) to find out what the hell this January 4th 2019 letter was about (that we never received) and it's interesting:

SPONSORSHIP - FAMILY CLASS & REFUGEE
SPR Eligibility - Referred for Secondary Review

In the Notes section for, there is the following:

"Date: 2019/01/04
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text: Sponsorship Eligibility - in progress. Case referred for secondary review. SPR & PA CLAIM RELATIONSHIP BEGAN 2018/02/01. POSSIBLE EXCLUSION OF FAMILY CLASS MEMBER AS COMMON-LAW RELATIONSHIP IS LESS THAN A YEAR... "

On IMM 1344 question 8 i answered as followed:

"8a) Your current marital status: Common-Law
8b) (If you are married or in a common-law relationship) Provide the date on which you were married or entered into the common-law relationship: 2018-02-01"

This is where I think I f*cked up. I thought this was the date after you have lived together and been co-dependent for 12 months. So, on 2018-02-01 we had been living together for 12 months. Should I have actually put 2017-02-01? How should I go around fixing this?

Also...

The notes also mention the following which is confusing me:

"An original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet has not been provided. Your relative(s) must complete the medical and once complete forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application."

I didn't think I had to submit any medical stuff up front?

Any advice would be appreciated! So glad I requested this. Also, the GCMS request took less than 7 days!
Yes you need to provide the date you enetered the common law relationship as in the date you started living together, not when the 1 year had been completed. I would just call them for guidance on how to fix it.
Secondly, I am not sure if what they are talking about is the medical request.. Have you done it already and maybe the panel physician never sent in your results?

Also, may i ask how you requested those notes or do you have a link by any chance?Thank you

Reactions: jmc1974

lkamijura

Jan 15, 2019
Last night, I received an update on my online account stating that my application was approved! I checked the XpressPost tracking number that I submitted several weeks ago (along with photocopies of my passport), and it's already in my city, out for delivery today. I'm wondering if it'll include my PR card. Hope more will receive their approval soon.

So it turns out that I was unable to link my account because I was entering in "1" for the # of individuals included in the application, including PA––I was supposed to enter "2" for me and my spouse, which isn't very intuitive to me. Hope no one else is making that same error.

I since linked my account, passed the medical exam (GCkey updated 1/25/19), and received the AOR2 (emailed to my spouse) today. My application is being sent to CPC Mississauga for further processing. No further instructions, so just keeping our fingers crossed!

Reactions: Aliceno

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Last night, I received an update on my online account stating that my application was approved! I checked the XpressPost tracking number that I submitted several weeks ago (along with photocopies of my passport), and it's already in my city, out for delivery today. I'm wondering if it'll include my PR card. Hope more will receive their approval soon.
You wont receive a PR Card until you enter Canada . You will receive a COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) with the Passport.

Reactions: lkamijura

lkamijura

Jan 15, 2019
Ah I see. I'm currently in Canada now as a visitor, so perhaps I need to head to to the border once I obtain the COPR. Thanks for your response!

You wont receive a PR Card until you enter Canada . You will receive a COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) with the Passport.

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Ah I see. I'm currently in Canada now as a visitor, so perhaps I need to head to to the border once I obtain the COPR. Thanks for your response!
You may have a landing procedure in a VO if you are an inland applicant . You dont have to cross the border for it

Reactions: lkamijura

PPRVSR

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Hi,

Outland application - PR , i am residing in canada with PR , sponsoring my spouse PR lives in india.
I have submitted the file and received by them on october 2018
File open (AOR) - december 2018 2nd week
Medicals requested and submitted - decemeber 2018 last week
Landing fees - paid on January 3rd week,

Still waiting for PPR, can some one tell how long will it take to receive my PPR , my wife resides in India.
Do we have any other steps. if so let me know.

Thanks

jmc1974

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Request
04-01-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2019
Question....Is AOR2 when the Local VO starts processing the application or is it just acknowledgement that they have received the application?
I sent out a webform with address change and got a response saying we have received your application but have not started processing it yet

jmc1974

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
14-02-2018
Med's Request
04-01-2019
Med's Done....
20-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2019
Hi,

Outland application - PR , i am residing in canada with PR , sponsoring my spouse PR lives in india.
I have submitted the file and received by them on october 2018
File open (AOR) - december 2018 2nd week
Medicals requested and submitted - decemeber 2018 last week
Landing fees - paid on January 3rd week,

Still waiting for PPR, can some one tell how long will it take to receive my PPR , my wife resides in India.
Do we have any other steps. if so let me know.

Thanks
It depends on your VO and how long they take to complete your background check. Then you receive PPR.

hdbyuka

Jan 21, 2019
Question....Is AOR2 when the Local VO starts processing the application or is it just acknowledgement that they have received the application?
I sent out a webform with address change and got a response saying we have received your application but have not started processing it yet
when it says that your local VO started processing your application thats your AOR2

Reactions: jmc1974