Aug 27, 2019
RE: 1117186028 - Roya Rahmani - Permanent residence in Canada

L
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Mon 10/7/2019 1:47 PM
Junk Email

To:
royarahmani1@hotmail.com;

To help protect your privacy, some content in this message has been blocked. To re-enable the blocked features, click here.

To always show content from this sender, click here.

You replied on 10/8/2019 9:58 AM.

Evernote

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your message. Please note that this application is undergoing background checks. Please note that these checks are conducted by partner agencies, we unfortunately have no control over how long they take to complete. Based on recent processing times, we would expect it may take 6 to 12 months, from the date these checks are initiated. Please note that we can only provide an estimate and the actual length of time required will vary based on a number of factors. Each case is different, and the length of time required for background checks will vary based on a number of factors including an applicant’s background and history.

IRCC’s goal is to process applications under Family Class (Overseas - spouses, partners and dependent children) within 12 months. IRCC aims to meet the service standard 80 percent of the time, however in some cases this service standard is exceeded. Please be assured that we are working to process this application as expeditiously as possible, and we will be in touch as soon as there is an update on this file.

This is the email i have recieved from canadian visa section in london which is my VO asking about updates
I hope you will hear some good news very soon...

Ro34

Sep 12, 2019
Afghanistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
2-08-2018
Doc's Request.
4-12-2018
AOR Received.
27-11-2018
File Transfer...
4-01-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Passport Req..
23-12-2019
I hope you will hear some good news very soon...
Thank you so much and i hope you wilk hear some good news sooner
You are in Afghanistan ?

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
RE: 1117186028 - Roya Rahmani - Permanent residence in Canada

L
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Mon 10/7/2019 1:47 PM
Junk Email

To:
royarahmani1@hotmail.com;

To help protect your privacy, some content in this message has been blocked. To re-enable the blocked features, click here.

To always show content from this sender, click here.

You replied on 10/8/2019 9:58 AM.

Evernote

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your message. Please note that this application is undergoing background checks. Please note that these checks are conducted by partner agencies, we unfortunately have no control over how long they take to complete. Based on recent processing times, we would expect it may take 6 to 12 months, from the date these checks are initiated. Please note that we can only provide an estimate and the actual length of time required will vary based on a number of factors. Each case is different, and the length of time required for background checks will vary based on a number of factors including an applicant’s background and history.

IRCC’s goal is to process applications under Family Class (Overseas - spouses, partners and dependent children) within 12 months. IRCC aims to meet the service standard 80 percent of the time, however in some cases this service standard is exceeded. Please be assured that we are working to process this application as expeditiously as possible, and we will be in touch as soon as there is an update on this file.

This is the email i have recieved from canadian visa section in london which is my VO asking about updates
Thank u for sharing your letter here!

Oh wow!!!! They answered that background check is still going after u got pre arrival in June...:( I am sad to see such message as it’s 6-12 months.... so from June u need to wait at least 6 months.........

oh my, looking at your letter, I have to prepare spending another winter without my spouse....

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhmass

Mhmass

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019

Oh wow!!!! They answered that background check is still going after u got pre arrival in June...:( I am sad to see such message as it’s 6-12 months.... so from June u need to wait at least 6 months.........

oh my, looking at your letter, I have to prepare spending another winter without my spouse....
It means like for me they even didn’t start background check:mad::(

Mhmass

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Thank you for your e-mail. We have responded to a similar enquiry from your spouse.
Your file is currently with a visa officer undergoing review. Please note that the 1 year processing time is an average based on IRCC’s service standard is to process 80% of Family Class application within 12 months. Some cases may take longer than others for any number of reasons and exceed this service standard.

We understand and would assure you that it is our aim to finalise your application as expeditiously as possible. We will be in touch with the next steps as soon as the file review is complete.

What I have received from VO.
Since march they’re just reviewing my file.

Reactions: lion.com

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
It means like for me they even didn’t start background check:mad::(
Well they may have started it already... u can find that out from gcms notes...

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Thank you for your e-mail. We have responded to a similar enquiry from your spouse.
Your file is currently with a visa officer undergoing review. Please note that the 1 year processing time is an average based on IRCC’s service standard is to process 80% of Family Class application within 12 months. Some cases may take longer than others for any number of reasons and exceed this service standard.

We understand and would assure you that it is our aim to finalise your application as expeditiously as possible. We will be in touch with the next steps as soon as the file review is complete.

What I have received from VO.
Since march they’re just reviewing my file.
Awwww... yes it’s same as me, file review and most probably after reading letter from Ro34, I believe my background check didn’t start either... how sad:(

batmon234234

Jun 14, 2019
Thank you so much ,i dont know how much more time will it take to get DM ?
Or get a PPR
I have one more question what is the difference between COPR and Pre Arrival ?
As the site you have provided link of it says that you can avail Pre arrival services if and only if yoh have the COPR
Hi there,

1) COPR is essentially a stamp that you get in your passport that serves as proof to the border officer that the process is complete. It allows you to declare yourself as a PR. In terms of process, when the background check is complete and you've been approved, you'll get an email from your VO asking you to send in your passport. They'll take about 2 weeks to send it to get your COPR stamped in.

2) Pre-arrival is just a bunch of free services available to you to familiarize yourself with Canada (as a PR). It comes to you once you've passed the eligibility stage, so it can happen WELL before you get that passport request above, or quite soon before - there's no relationship. Technically speaking pre-arrival does not indicate you've been successful, it's just something automatically sent when you pass the eligibility stage.

Ro34

Sep 12, 2019
Afghanistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
2-08-2018
Doc's Request.
4-12-2018
AOR Received.
27-11-2018
File Transfer...
4-01-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Passport Req..
23-12-2019

That is the bad luck but may b things get speed up soon
May b InshA Allah you will get your visa done this year
Everyone one of us are in the same situation i dont know what background check they r doing and why it is not ending
They have replied my email within 2 days and as you see they are checking our background by third party that is why things are getting late

Ro34

Sep 12, 2019
Afghanistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
2-08-2018
Doc's Request.
4-12-2018
AOR Received.
27-11-2018
File Transfer...
4-01-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Passport Req..
23-12-2019
Hi there,

1) COPR is essentially a stamp that you get in your passport that serves as proof to the border officer that the process is complete. It allows you to declare yourself as a PR. In terms of process, when the background check is complete and you've been approved, you'll get an email from your VO asking you to send in your passport. They'll take about 2 weeks to send it to get your COPR stamped in.

2) Pre-arrival is just a bunch of free services available to you to familiarize yourself with Canada (as a PR). It comes to you once you've passed the eligibility stage, so it can happen WELL before you get that passport request above, or quite soon before - there's no relationship. Technically speaking pre-arrival does not indicate you've been successful, it's just something automatically sent when you pass the eligibility stage.
Thanks for your prompt reply and clearing the situation to me .
As i was in confusion i thought after biometric within one or two months i will be done with BC but it is not done yet .

Ro34

Sep 12, 2019
Afghanistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
2-08-2018
Doc's Request.
4-12-2018
AOR Received.
27-11-2018
File Transfer...
4-01-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Passport Req..
23-12-2019
I know it is very frustrating :( :(
I am a little bit confused why you have not recieved biometric yet as you have crossed 13 months already .
You should ask yout husband to contact your lawyer why they are taking too much time
Also which visa office ur case is in processing in ?

Ro34

Sep 12, 2019
Afghanistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
2-08-2018
Doc's Request.
4-12-2018
AOR Received.
27-11-2018
File Transfer...
4-01-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Passport Req..
23-12-2019

Mhmass

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
I am a little bit confused why you have not recieved biometric yet as you have crossed 13 months already .
You should ask yout husband to contact your lawyer why they are taking too much time
Also which visa office ur case is in processing in ?
Noo I am done with biometrics also my husband received sponsorship eligibility letter.. from march till july there was complete silence then in last days of july they sent us an email and said to provide additional documents and we did ....
Now waiting to receive something but no