+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2018**** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

FaheemQazi

Oct 25, 2018
Hey everyone,

I received a message inviting me to avail pre-arrival services offered by the Government of Canada.
Is it a generic message that they send out to every applicant or does it have any significance? I have heard nothing but silence after my medical exam and submitting PCCs in February so was wondering if this is some sort of an indication.

Thanks.

batmon234234

Jun 14, 2019
Hey everyone,

I received a message inviting me to avail pre-arrival services offered by the Government of Canada.
Is it a generic message that they send out to every applicant or does it have any significance? I have heard nothing but silence after my medical exam and submitting PCCs in February so was wondering if this is some sort of an indication.

Thanks.
Hey there,

In essence it means that your relationship has been assessed as genuine, which is great. It's apparently the last step within the process insofar as IRCC is concerned, however the background check (BGC) is likely underway at this point. The BGC includes criminality check (typically through a police certificate), and security check, which are conducted by CSIS and CBSA i.e. not IRCC. This takes anywhere from 1 day to several months, depending on the PA's country of origin, travel history, military service, etc. For 'easy' cases', typically the passport request follows soon after the pre-arrival letter, but in more complicated cases, it could be a long while after.

Reactions: Krissh2179

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hey everyone,

Thanks.
Hey PA is from which country? and When was your file transferred to local visa office?

TahaElry

Jan 8, 2019
Visa Office......
Paris
has anyone sent their passport to the Ottawa office ?

I sent mine on the 22nd of May and haven't heard anything from them below is my timeline

Application Received September 7th 2018
AOR1 December 17th 2018
Biometrics Request: January 3rd 2019
Medical Request: January 3rd 2019
Sponsor Approval: January 4th 2019
Medical Request Done: January 7th 2019
Biometrics Done: January 8th 2019
Pre arrival letter: April 22nd 2019
PPR: May 22nd 2019
Passport sent VIA Canada Post since I'm currently in Canada on a visitor visa : May 22nd 2019

PA: Libya
Sponsor Canadian Citizen
Visa Office: Paris

tajvin

Aug 2, 2018
Hey guys,

We applied back in September and completed everything and haven't heard anything since early March when we did the medical exam. We were thinking of sending in additional documents of when we visited each other. Has anyone done this without being requested, and if so, did it make a difference?

Thanks!

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hey guys,

We applied back in September and completed everything and haven't heard anything since early March when we did the medical exam. We were thinking of sending in additional documents of when we visited each other. Has anyone done this without being requested, and if so, did it make a difference?

Thanks!
Don’t send anything unless they ask for it. If they need more info .... trust me the VO will request it

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Hey guys,

Thanks!
I wouldn't send anything unless they ask. You can probably email them to double check.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Has anyone here thought of applying for visitor Visa while waiting for the approval of PPR? I'm looking into it now.

But like to see if anyone got any advice on it.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Has anyone here thought of applying for visitor Visa while waiting for the approval of PPR? I'm looking into it now.

But like to see if anyone got any advice on it.
Rejection rates for visitors visa while a spousal PR application is in process is very high. Even with strong ties to the home country and no financial issues, the officers are almost never convinced of the spouse’s intention to return. Many have tried and a small percentage have succeeded so part luck factor plays in too.

Reactions: laport2018

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Rejection rates for visitors visa while a spousal PR application is in process is very high. Even with strong ties to the home country and no financial issues, the officers are almost never convinced of the spouse’s intention to return. Many have tried and a small percentage have succeeded so part luck factor plays in too.
Well that idea pretty much went out the window lol.

Reactions: Krissh2179

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Lol! You can always try, never know might work out for you if your lucky.
Yes you can try , it never hurts . However just don’t set yourself up for disappointment , it’s difficult to obtain a vv . We tried twice and were denied. Now with the fees up because of biometric fee , we didn’t try a third time

tajvin

Aug 2, 2018
I wouldn't send anything unless they ask. You can probably email them to double check.
A lot of people in the same boat as us (very similar timelines and same VO) sent in additional documents without them asking for it and they got their PPR a week later. I was also told that the SGVO needs a little push to get the process started otherwise they just leave it sitting with no progress.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
A lot of people in the same boat as us (very similar timelines and same VO) sent in additional documents without them asking for it and they got their PPR a week later. I was also told that the SGVO needs a little push to get the process started otherwise they just leave it sitting with no progress.
I emailed the embassy of Canada, Mexico, they just continue to say the 12 months not up yet. Been like 9.5 months since September 6, 2018. Telling me to refer to March 12,2019 lol. Just wanted to give them a nudge