+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey guys!!! It's been a while...
Just wanted to check on you guys... hope everything is well, especially with @shahesam84, @bushra1122, @bbreeze, @Gargoyle_Queen, @PRapp2018, @Ictyyz, @ForeverYou, @cduanra, and @Gaiabrg. How are things? Any news?
Thank you so much for asking , in my case i got AIP , SA , Work Permit Since end of April , debut of May , i called immigration 2 days ago , an agent told me my file is waiting for Quebec to finalize but he cant tell me when because he doesn't know , good luck to everyone

Reactions: barsarah

PRapp2018

Nov 18, 2018

Ictyyz

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
I have received my PR and am waiting for my card. I applied September 4 2018 for spouse PR along with a open work permit. My timeline was on par with most ppl until around December when I did my medical. After the medical I had no contact with CIC , I did call twice to check on my OWP but the guy said it has not started yet and stayed like that for the whole time. I came from the USA and about 8 years ago I was arrested but made a deal with the prosecutor to do probation, take some classes and stay outta trouble...I did just that so I never went before a judge or even signed anything that says I was guilty or no contest...fast forward to today. We gathered up all the documents of court and what not and got a legal letter from Canada visa...yes it was expensive...kinda. so armed with that letter we filled out the PR application and sent in everything including the letter from the lawyer saying how I was eligible to receive PR. Time passed and we got a email saying we need to upload more docs.( Proof of marriage, some tax form and court outcome) the only one we didn't send in was the Tax form because we just moved from the US and had not even worked in Canada yet. Why I was asked to resupply them with the other docs I have no clue. More time passed and we received a second email saying our app was sent to Etobicoke for further processing. More time passed seemed to take forever untill we received anouther email saying we ARE eligible for PR and about a week or two after that we received our interview date. Went to the interview and 5 minutes later I am a PR and she said my card will come in mail in about 2 to 3 weeks. Next I went and got my SIN number and applied for OHIP. My OWP was refunded to me without me doing anything. So if you are wondering if your u can get PR in Canada with an arrest you can....I did and I did it the right way I didn't lie on anything and told the truth. Hope this helps someone who is in doubt because of a arrest on the record. I am not an author so please excuse my crappy way of explaining my ordeal.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
I have received my PR and am waiting for my card. I applied September 4 2018 for spouse PR along with a open work permit. My timeline was on par with most ppl until around December when I did my medical. After the medical I had no contact with CIC , I did call twice to check on my OWP but the guy said it has not started yet and stayed like that for the whole time. I came from the USA and about 8 years ago I was arrested but made a deal with the prosecutor to do probation, take some classes and stay outta trouble...I did just that so I never went before a judge or even signed anything that says I was guilty or no contest...fast forward to today. We gathered up all the documents of court and what not and got a legal letter from Canada visa...yes it was expensive...kinda. so armed with that letter we filled out the PR application and sent in everything including the letter from the lawyer saying how I was eligible to receive PR. Time passed and we got a email saying we need to upload more docs.( Proof of marriage, some tax form and court outcome) the only one we didn't send in was the Tax form because we just moved from the US and had not even worked in Canada yet. Why I was asked to resupply them with the other docs I have no clue. More time passed and we received a second email saying our app was sent to Etobicoke for further processing. More time passed seemed to take forever untill we received anouther email saying we ARE eligible for PR and about a week or two after that we received our interview date. Went to the interview and 5 minutes later I am a PR and she said my card will come in mail in about 2 to 3 weeks. Next I went and got my SIN number and applied for OHIP. My OWP was refunded to me without me doing anything. So if you are wondering if your u can get PR in Canada with an arrest you can....I did and I did it the right way I didn't lie on anything and told the truth. Hope this helps someone who is in doubt because of a arrest on the record. I am not an author so please excuse my crappy way of explaining my ordeal.
Congratulations!! So happy for you. I wish you the best of luck for your future. May it be bright and prosperous.

I have one question. How many months did you have to wait to hear something between the time your file was transferred to Etobicoke and the email that said you were eligible for PR?

Reactions: Gargoyle_Queen

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
WoW so happy for you , when you focus in good fights you get good results , congrattulations

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Before submitting this application in september 2018, i had submitted an h&c application for my father in march 2018.

Today the CBSA officer told me my father got the stage 1 approval on his h&c application last week and a letter was mailed out.

Now I wonder which one will he get the DM on.

test1155

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi All, I am dropping my husband's application, he worked in the USA. Where should we keep the USA police clearance certificate in PR application?

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hello guys,

I have landed last weekend Saturday Nov 2nd at IRCC Vancouver office located at 1148 Hornby Street Vancouver, BC. The interview went smoothly and it took less than 15 minutes. As it has mentioned by the officer, it should take 2-3 weeks to receive my card by mail.

It was pleasure meeting you all here and hope something good happens for those are still waiting specially my friends at QC.

Good luck and have a wonderful time.

Sam

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hello guys,

I have landed last weekend Saturday Nov 2nd at IRCC Vancouver office located at 1148 Hornby Street Vancouver, BC. The interview went smoothly and it took less than 15 minutes. As it has mentioned by the officer, it should take 2-3 weeks to receive my card by mail.

It was pleasure meeting you all here and hope something good happens for those are still waiting specially my friends at QC.

Good luck and have a wonderful time.

Sam
Congratulations and all the best to you.

Reactions: Ictyyz

Ictyyz

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Congratulations!! So happy for you. I wish you the best of luck for your future. May it be bright and prosperous.

I have one question. How many months did you have to wait to hear something between the time your file was transferred to Etobicoke and the email that said you were eligible for PR?
I think around 5 months

Reactions: bushra1122