06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hey guys!!! It's been a while...
Just wanted to check on you guys... hope everything is well, especially with @shahesam84, @bushra1122, @bbreeze, @Gargoyle_Queen, @PRapp2018, @Ictyyz, @ForeverYou, @cduanra, and @Gaiabrg. How are things? Any news?
Hi @barsarah , so kind of you to touch base. After getting the procedural fairness letter at start of April, we replied end of April, requesting my father's file still be considered under this category but taking into account h&c factors.

We got a reply mid July that his file was being transferred to local office for further review (Ottawa). Mid August we got correspondence from the local office to send in a copy of the h&c factors we had submitted to Mississauga in April. We sent it via e-mail the same day. Since then we haven't heard anything yet.

I'm hoping for a positive outcome. My dad's file was assigned to an immigration officer within a month of arriving in Ottawa, and that makes me hopeful as well, knowing someone is working on his file.

On September 20 it's been 1 year now and I've submitted a request for notes. My previous set of notes only had info up til the file was transferred. So I'm curious to know what has transpired since it has arrived in Ottawa.

Reactions: barsarah

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
No update so far. My last update was on June 24 when security was done. I called CIC three times since July but they keep saying to wait for the final decision. I've read somewhere that Quebec has reaches the quota for this year. I don't know if this will affect us or not. It's so frustrating

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
I am wondering if the upcoming federal election will have or is having an impact on the speed of the file processing, or lack there of?

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
On Sept 11, IRCC has sent my sponsor request letters to complete and send IMM1344 form (the request letter is under my sponsor name). We have used webform to return completed form 3 times so far but we have received strange responses after each submission.

Submission 1: (Sept 11)
Submitted under Sponsor's name (Enquirer) and mentioned me(Applicant) as Sponsored person.
IRCC Response 1:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We can confirm the reception of the documents.
If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.
However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file.

Submission 2: (Sept 20)
Submitted under Sponsor's name (Enquirer) and mentioned me(Applicant) as Sponsored person.
IRCC response 2:
We have verified the sponsorship application and were unable to find information stating that you are the representative for the principal applicant.

Submission 3: (Sept 27)
Submitted under my name (Enquirer and Applicant).
IRCC response 3:
We have verified the sponsorship application and were unable to find information stating that you are the representative for the sponsor.

On Sept 28, I have called IRCC and they could confirm that the IMM1344 has been uploaded to my profile and there is no more action from my side. My main concern is that I don't have a written communication from IRCC stating that they have received the request letter. Should I be worried about something here?

Thank you guys.

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I am wondering if the upcoming federal election will have or is having an impact on the speed of the file processing, or lack there of?
Thats a good question. I can concur with your comment of speed. As you can see my timeline, we are one of many who are into the 16 month process mark for our PR's. People who applied in 2019 seem to be experiencing a much faster process than us. I suspect that the election wont have much bearing on it. Even if there is a change in government, new parties arn't usually sworn in until some time after the election result is found..and by then hopefully you'll have a decision. Further more, its takes months sometimes years to create real reform on a federal level.

Reactions: bushra1122

Ictyyz

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
If I get this I will write a big long post about how it went down. I am a special case and I knew it from the start. So I haven't won until I have that PR card in hand.

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
The check-in process and wait times may differ at different locations; however, the interview itself will be pretty straightforward. You check in and the officer calls your name or number when it is your turn. You show up with your spouse. The officer will ask your Landing Interview Invitation Letter, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) receipt, 2 pieces of PR Card photos, current and expired immigration documents (study permit, work permit, etc...), passport, and an ID from your sponsor/spouse. The officer will confirm your identities, eye colour, height, address and marital status and then will ask the 4 mandatory questions:
  1. Your first and last date of entry to Canada?
  2. If you ever been charged or convicted of any crimes or offences anywhere?
  3. If you ever been denied entry or asked to leave Canada?
  4. If you have any undeclared dependants not listed in the application?
The officer then will ask if you have any travel plans in the near future and will tell you that your PR card will be in the mail within 30 days. Then the officer prints your CoPR and asks you to review and put your initials behind the 4 mandatory questions and sign at the bottom. The officer will VOID your previous immigration documents and will hand them back to you along with your CoPR and congratulate you for becoming a PR of Canada. The whole process will take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes depending on how chatty your officer is.

Question about your RPRF, we paid both fees up front (Right of perm. Res and Application fee) which came to total of $1,040.00. We have this receipt which has a bar code and everything which included receipt number and so on-- but it doesn't give a break down of the payments. It doesn't say specifically "Right of permanent resident fee receipt" just the amount, card holder info, reference number...

I know im being silly but you know the road we are on and this it is very long. Just want to make sure I am going into the interview with all my ducks in a row.

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Question about your RPRF, we paid both fees up front (Right of perm. Res and Application fee) which came to total of $1,040.00. We have this receipt which has a bar code and everything which included receipt number and so on-- but it doesn't give a break down of the payments. It doesn't say specifically "Right of permanent resident fee receipt" just the amount, card holder info, reference number...

I know im being silly but you know the road we are on and this it is very long. Just want to make sure I am going into the interview with all my ducks in a row.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is included in the $1040.00.