+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone,
I got my Landing Interview email :) Interview on July 23rd :)
Below is my timeline.

I am the Principal Applicant. My husband sponsoring me. Already have Open Work Permit which expires October 2019, Hence didn't apply.

Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR
Date Sent: September 21st, 2018
Received: September 24th, 2018
AOR Received: October 18th, 2018
Medical Request Received: November 29th, 2018
Medical Exam Went: December 10th, 2018
Medical Exam Incomplete due to Pregnancy - XRAY not submitted rest complete
Principal Applicant Eligibility Decision: April 11th, 2019 - Eligibility Passed but medical incomplete
Sponsor Eligibility Decision: April 18th, 2019 - Eligibility Passed
Medical Completed: July 3rd 2018 - Medical sent and passed (XRAY completed June 24th 2019)
CIC Decision Made Email: July 7th 2019
CIC Etobicoke Email: July 7th 2019
COPR Landing Interview Scheduled: July 23rd 2019

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hello everyone:

After getting a procedural fairness on April 3, and submitting the reply on April 26, my dad got a letter stating his file has been transferred to his local office of Ottawa for further assessment. It stated that office will make the final decision.

Should I be hopeful or is it too early to tell?

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Hello everyone:

After getting a procedural fairness on April 3, and submitting the reply on April 26, my dad got a letter stating his file has been transferred to his local office of Ottawa for further assessment. It stated that office will make the final decision.

Should I be hopeful or is it too early to tell?
While it is positive that they didn't automatically reject him after the PF letter, "further assessment" means that it can now go well beyond the 12 months processing time and a new agent at your local office can request additional documents/conduct a "relationship interview".

Reactions: Betabr

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
While it is positive that they didn't automatically reject him after the PF letter, "further assessment" means that it can now go well beyond the 12 months processing time and a new agent at your local office can request additional documents/conduct a "relationship interview".
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it. I've got my fingers crossed that it gets processed within the 12-month period (we still have 10 weeks remaining).

Although I agree with you that further documents can be reuqested or there can be a request for an interview (both of these were stated in the letter), however, I don't believe the interview request in his case would be that of a 'relationship interview.' My parents have been married for over 36 years now. On the other hand I can see a request for interview for other reasons.

It's a wait game again but I'm happy there has been some movement on the file.

Reactions: Linda_s74

Sheil83

Mar 8, 2019
Guys I need help.. I received a landing interview for September 10.. my husband is out of the country and will be back in September 20.. the letter states that he has to accompany me for my interview.. please advise..

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Guys I need help.. I received a landing interview for September 10.. my husband is out of the country and will be back in September 20.. the letter states that he has to accompany me for my interview.. please advise..
You need to reschedule if your husband can't attend
They won't issue PR without him being there
Just reschedule, reply to the email they sent you and tell them you need to reschedule

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Since we have moved to BC, we have received a request for additional documents on Sep 11 and we submitted everything same day. When I checked ecas today it says that they have sent another correspondence on Sep 12 but i didn't receive any other request via email or any new message on mycic. Is this a good sign? I am Sep 11 applicant.