+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

NishiKuro

Nov 30, 2018
Hello!
I'm sponsoring my husband. I just noticed PR application status has changed to DM. Does this mean our application has been fully approved? I'm a September applicant from QC.

My timeline:
Sep 24, Application received
Oct 18, AOR
Nov 12, CSQ received
Nov 29, Medical exam request
Dec 12, Medical exam passed
Jan 11, OWP approved
June 13, DM on Sponsor Status (ecas)
June 14, AIP letter received
June 24, SA letter received
July 8, DM on PR status (ecas)

Thank you!

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hello!
I'm sponsoring my husband. I just noticed PR application status has changed to DM. Does this mean our application has been fully approved? I'm a September applicant from QC.

My timeline:
Oct 18, AOR
Nov 12, CSQ received
Jan 11, OWP approved

Thank you!
Congrats. Then finally something will happen soon for all other waiting QC applicants too.

Emmieboo

Jul 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
07-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
5-12-2018
LANDED..........
08-07-2019
I had my landing interview this morning, I am now officially a permanent resident. It was quick and the lady we had was really adorable. I think she was more excited than I was.
Decided to do it all in one day so I also got my SIN and applied for OHIP.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello!

My timeline:
Oct 18, AOR
Nov 12, CSQ received
Jan 11, OWP approved

Thank you!
Yes that means your application is fully approved, Congratulations!

Reactions: NishiKuro

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I had my landing interview this morning, I am now officially a permanent resident. It was quick and the lady we had was really adorable. I think she was more excited than I was.
Decided to do it all in one day so I also got my SIN and applied for OHIP.
Congrats!

Reactions: Emmieboo

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Ah ok, that makes sense.
For the landing interview, what can I expect?
The check-in process and wait times may differ at different locations; however, the interview itself will be pretty straightforward. You check in and the officer calls your name or number when it is your turn. You show up with your spouse. The officer will ask your Landing Interview Invitation Letter, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) receipt, 2 pieces of PR Card photos, current and expired immigration documents (study permit, work permit, etc...), passport, and an ID from your sponsor/spouse. The officer will confirm your identities, eye colour, height, address and marital status and then will ask the 4 mandatory questions:
  1. Your first and last date of entry to Canada?
  2. If you ever been charged or convicted of any crimes or offences anywhere?
  3. If you ever been denied entry or asked to leave Canada?
  4. If you have any undeclared dependants not listed in the application?
The officer then will ask if you have any travel plans in the near future and will tell you that your PR card will be in the mail within 30 days. Then the officer prints your CoPR and asks you to review and put your initials behind the 4 mandatory questions and sign at the bottom. The officer will VOID your previous immigration documents and will hand them back to you along with your CoPR and congratulate you for becoming a PR of Canada. The whole process will take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes depending on how chatty your officer is.

Reactions: bushra1122

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Really?? Do you happen to know the reasons why they get denied in landing interview??
That barely happens
Most probably happens if the principal applicant had a criminal past that Canada didn't discover (which is very unlikely) and the person admits to it at the landing interview, or admits to a misrepresentation made on the file
It can also happen if the sponsor decides he/she doesn't want to sponsor anymore and doesn't show up at the landing interview or declares that he/she doesn't want to sponsor anymore at the landing interview
Yeah, it could happen if the officer finds any misrepresentation such as undeclared criminal history, undeclared dependant or due to something stupid and small things like a missing receipt for RFPR, IDs or photos, and/or if the officer feels suspicious about the genuineness of the relationship, or if the sponsor doesn't show up, or the sponsor is no longer interested in sponsoring the spouse, etc...

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yeah, it could happen if the officer finds any misrepresentation such as undeclared criminal history, undeclared dependant or due to something stupid and small things like a missing receipt for RFPR, IDs or photos, and/or if the officer feels suspicious about the genuineness of the relationship, or if the sponsor doesn't show up, or the sponsor is no longer interested in sponsoring the spouse, etc...
I believe they won't just deny PR at landing interview for missing receipt or photos/IDs, never heard of that happening, I think they would give a second chance and reschedule but they won't like that you forgot things when they clearly stated what you should get for the landing interview in the landing letter, it'd show a bad image about the person seeking PR
But ofcourse they have the right to deny anyone if they don't comply with their instructions

satpal88

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,
I received an email for my landing interview at Vancouver office today. Can anyone, please guide me that the feed of $490. I have to pay or its included in $1040 during my application. Please guide me guys.
Thanks

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi,
I received an email for my landing interview at Vancouver office today. Can anyone, please guide me that the feed of $490. I have to pay or its included in $1040 during my application. Please guide me guys.
Thanks
Hi,
It is included on those $1040.
Just make sure you take the receipt with you. You can reprint it if lost it.
There is a Vancouver Office Thread in case you want to join: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-landing-interview-from-vancouver-office-waiting-time.616417/page-50

satpal88

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,
It is included on those $1040.
Just make sure you take the receipt with you. You can reprint it if lost it.
There is a Vancouver Office Thread in case you want to join: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-landing-interview-from-vancouver-office-waiting-time.616417/page-50
Thanks alot for your reply... i will surley join the Vancouver thread group. I have the print out of $1040 with me. I m relaxed that I don’t have to pay $490 extra.
Thanks alot again dear

missjang

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hi,
Thanks
Congrats! When did you get your DM on ECAS and when is your interview scheduled?

NishiKuro

Nov 30, 2018
Hello!

My timeline:
Oct 18, AOR
Nov 12, CSQ received
Jan 11, OWP approved

Thank you!

I just got an email from IRCC Montreal office for our landing interview!
We just have to go to the office within 30 days from today to obtain CoPR.

I want to thank you all here who have helped me and wish you good luck!!

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
I just got an email from IRCC Montreal office for our landing interview!
We just have to go to the office within 30 days from today to obtain CoPR.

I want to thank you all here who have helped me and wish you good luck!!
Congratulation.

Have you done any follow up or call forcing them making decision faster? I am Sep 11 applicant and still in BGC.