Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Just wanted to say Congrats for becoming a PR and good luck with your new life as a PR

wanted to add on what you said above that for outland she can exit Canada every 6 consecutive months OR she can also extend her stay as a visitor if she wants to stay in Canada
Oh yeah, you are right... she can extend her stay as a visitor and that’s gonna be a whole another topic.

Reactions: Geno.uss

ddounia

Jul 30, 2018
Hi,

Is it true that once you apply as an inland application, you cannot leave Canada until your application is finalized ?

My wife is visiting me from the USA and intends to travel to USA to see her family. She is already been here for 4+ months. I was planning to put in an application for her next week but I heard that once you submit and inland application, you cannot leave Canada.

If that is true, I might have to apply for her as an outland.

Kindly advise which stream would be better for our case, outland or inland (I was hoping she would get medical insurance while inland)

Thanks
Hi,

I am being sponsored by my husband, inland application and I have already traveled 3 times outside of Canada ( France, Mexico and the US). As long as you are from a country where you do not need a visa to come back to Canada, you are fine. Being french, I came back as a tourist each time without any issue and I used my OWP the last time. I even talked with one of the custom guy about my ongoing application, no problem at all.

ddounia

Jul 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a question, my landing interview is going to take place on June 12 in Etobicoke IRCC office, and I already have two trips plan in the US ( SF and NY at the end of June and in July, by plane).
Would I be able to travel and leave Canada by using only my open work permit ? or even as a tourist ( I am french so I on't need visa for Canada or for the US).
I won't have my PR Card by then ...

Thanks for your help,

( AOR October 12, OWP January 9, Landing interview June 12).

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a question, my landing interview is going to take place on June 12 in Etobicoke IRCC office, and I already have two trips plan in the US ( SF and NY at the end of June and in July, by plane).
Would I be able to travel and leave Canada by using only my open work permit ? or even as a tourist ( I am french so I on't need visa for Canada or for the US).

Thanks for your help,

Just so you know, they will void your OWP at the landing interview. You're not supposed to travel between the interview and receiving your PR card, and probably should have rescheduled the interview.

rabidjess

Nov 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help,

Like deisand has said they will VOID your work permit as well as any ETA visa you have on your passport which is needed for air travel to Canada. They will likely ask you at your landing interview if you have travel plans within 30 days I have no idea if they will not let you land if you tell them you are traveling in the next 2 weeks or not. You will need either your PR card to fly back to Canada, or get a PRTD which can take several weeks to acquire from the embassy or go through the land border in a private vehicle with your COPR

ddounia

Jul 30, 2018
Just so you know, they will void your OWP at the landing interview. You're not supposed to travel between the interview and receiving your PR card, and probably should have rescheduled the interview.
Thanks for your answer, I'll call and see if I can reschedule :)

ddounia

Jul 30, 2018
Like deisand has said they will VOID your work permit as well as any ETA visa you have on your passport which is needed for air travel to Canada. They will likely ask you at your landing interview if you have travel plans within 30 days I have no idea if they will not let you land if you tell them you are traveling in the next 2 weeks or not. You will need either your PR card to fly back to Canada, or get a PRTD which can take several weeks to acquire from the embassy or go through the land border in a private vehicle with your COPR
Thanks for your answer, I'll call and see if I can reschedule :)

ddounia

Jul 30, 2018
Hi again,

Another question, did any of you ever tried to reschedule the landing interview?
How long did it take to have another appointment?

Reactions: barsarah

basket90

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Great!
May I ask from which province you are applying?
Quebec.. I did not have any news since BG started sometimes in January.. As I had the feeling that they did not have taken any look since then on my file, I sent by webform a document, that they would have requested if they would have looked at my file, based on requests others here have received. The day I received the email that they have received it, they started processing my app... fun fact, isn't it?

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Quebec.. I did not have any news since BG started sometimes in January.. As I had the feeling that they did not have taken any look since then on my file, I sent by webform a document, that they would have requested if they would have looked at my file, based on requests others here have received. The day I received the email that they have received it, they started processing my app... fun fact, isn't it?
It is. You just send a request with webform if they need any additional document? I have the same situation and no news since the BGC as of Dec 2018.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hi again,

Another question, did any of you ever tried to reschedule the landing interview?
How long did it take to have another appointment?

An applicant from Vancouver submitted a request to reschedule on last Tuesday and received a response on Friday for an interview date 6 days after his original one. Since your office is in Etobicoke, it could be much faster since Vancouver is considered super busy and slow.

Finally some moving on my file!
Discouvered today: According to Ecas Sponsor side is decision made and they have finally started processing my application on June 7
Congrats! It's nice to see that you had some positive updates, hope the rest will be fast and smooth. Now, it's just @J-chy left in our September group who haven't had any updates since BGC started.

For those who already got their CoPRs (became Permanent Residents) and thinking of applying for a Canadian Citizenship, here is the link of a template I created to calculate my Physical Presence in Canada and the First Date of Eligibility to Apply for a Canadian Citizenship. I left some instructions on the top part and the rest should be pretty self explanatory.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ktaRSmduciwujgib097hBBEvr1h6uKx3CLgp2EJnN_c/copy

Have fun playing with it! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: bushra1122