+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

yint29

Dec 17, 2018
hi @barsarah thank you for the encouragement and information that you share.

i have tried to use your tips in linking my application for PR card to my account. I am the PA. But I am unable to find my application. Could you help? thanks!

Reactions: barsarah

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Congrats! You got 3 months wait period for OHIP from you landing date ?
Thank you! 3 months waiting period from my eligibility passed. :)

Evican

Apr 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
28-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
29-05-2019
LANDED..........
29-05-2019
Hey many congratulations to you
If you don’t mind can u share how was your experience
My appointment was at 1:30pm. We got let in at roughly 1:15pm. It was super busy, but once we were inside we probably waited about 30 mins. Got called up to the window and spoke to the officer who was an older gay gentleman with a piratey moustache. He was incredibly nice and loved us! I get the feeling that if you get him for processing it will take longer than 10 minutes because he just loves talking, haha.

He asked the general questions that everyone gets asked, then handed me back my documents, passport and then gave me my CoPR.

I then came home and linked my PR card first go. Now just waiting for that! I also set up a Google Sheets doc with formulas to track how many days I am absent from Canada going forward so that I know when I am eligible for Citizenship.

saniyasunesara

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Hey many congratulations to you
If you don’t mind can u share how was your experience
My appointment was at 1:30pm. We got let in at roughly 1:15pm. It was super busy, but once we were inside we probably waited about 30 mins. Got called up to the window and spoke to the officer who was an older gay gentleman with a piratey moustache. He was incredibly nice and loved us! I get the feeling that if you get him for processing it will take longer than 10 minutes because he just loves talking, haha.

He asked the general questions that everyone gets asked, then handed me back my documents, passport and then gave me my CoPR.

I then came home and linked my PR card first go. Now just waiting for that! I also set up a Google Sheets doc with formulas to track how many days I am absent from Canada going forward so that I know when I am eligible for Citizenship.
Haha that’s funny
Thank you so much for sharing your experience
I have interview on Monday and I am really nervous :oops:

Last edited:

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
hi @barsarah thank you for the encouragement and information that you share.

i have tried to use your tips in linking my application for PR card to my account. I am the PA. But I am unable to find my application. Could you help? thanks!
You are welcome! :p

You are the 3rd person I've seen who wasn't able to link, and there is nothing to worry because the other 2 already received their PR Cards in like 2 weeks after their landings.

Should you still wish to link it then try with your "Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth" instead of the application number. I am sure you know this and tried it already but just in case, your PR Card application number is different than your PR application number. It starts with letter "R" and you can find it on the top right corner of your CoPR in between your UCI number and the document number. Good luck!

Reactions: Geno.uss

Evican

Apr 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
28-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
29-05-2019
LANDED..........
29-05-2019
Haha that’s funny
Thank you so much for sharing your experience
I have interview on Monday and I am really nervous :oops:
If you get him as your immigration officer, you will know, haha.

Don't be nervous! It's super simple if you're just there for the landing interview. I went to the bathroom, came back and my wife was having a verbal "altercation" with a guy who was there for most likely a relationship interview (he was not Canadian) as we got called before him. He was just very high and mighty and made quite the fool of himself. We came in after him and left before him, lol.

Reactions: bushra1122

Shikster

Mar 28, 2019
Had husband's PR interview Monday May 27th at Etobicoke office at 8 am.

I've read this thread in the past of those who also had their interview at this location and how quick the process was for them, that wasn't the case for us. I think that this is only true for those who do not have an 8 am appointment. We don't live far from the office, but still left an hour early to beat traffic, (or sit in it I guess). We arrived early but there were soooo many people there before us already. I don't believe they started calling people for the interview until after 8. We got called at 9:04. I mean, once they get going on calling people, its fairly quick. I just feel like they've called a lot of people in at once in the morning so there is a bit of a wait, and I bet people who have a 9 am appointment also showed up early and so they take you in as you come so long as your name is on their appointment list.

Once we were called, husband was asked when he arrived, whether he had any criminal history, and one other question I can't remember but it is the same three questions we've all read/heard about. Asked for his ID, and passport picture (gave two, only took one), asked for the interview letter for appointment. Asked for my driver license. Welcomed him to Canada, and told him to sign the document.

We were told we could drive to US with the CoPR, and fly everywhere else once we have the actual card. Must live in Canada two of the five years.

He had a SIN through work permit, but was told he needed to get another one so we did that. Waiting another 30 minutes and that was it!

I offered to make my husband a "Canadian Ketchup Cake" (for some reason, it popped up on my newsfeed that same day...) or poutine, he sadly said no to both.

Will update on how soon we get the actual card.

Good luck everyone who may be waiting!

satpal88

Sep 19, 2018
Landed yesterday at the Vancouver office! So happy it's finally all done. Good luck to those still waiting.
Hi,
Can you please, whats your application receiving date. Mine was received there on September 27th, 2018. Got eligibility met letter on 9th march2019 but no status of landing interview. I am also Vancouver applicant

Evican

Apr 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
28-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
29-05-2019
LANDED..........
29-05-2019
Hi,
Can you please, whats your application receiving date. Mine was received there on September 27th, 2018. Got eligibility met letter on 9th march2019 but no status of landing interview. I am also Vancouver applicant
It's in my signature..

satpal88

Sep 19, 2018
Thanks for the specific Answer can you please answer in more elaborate. As per my question. I am not able to see your signature. Thanks.

rabidjess

Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for the specific Answer can you please answer in more elaborate. As per my question. I am not able to see your signature. Thanks.
have you received a decision made letter and/or does your my cic log in say "decision made" on the principle applicant side? if it does not then they are still processing your application.

check your email inbox and junk mail incase you have missed anything, I believe most landing invitations are emailed if you opted for email communication.

satpal88

Sep 19, 2018
have you received a decision made letter and/or does your my cic log in say "decision made" on the principle applicant side? if it does not then they are still processing your application.

check your email inbox and junk mail incase you have missed anything, I believe most landing invitations are emailed if you opted for email communication.
I got an email on 9th march stating that sponsor eligibility passed and applicant eligibility passed. After that i logged in my CIC account, i got an update showing eligibility met both side and after two days it shows we are processing your background check. After that no update on account and even no email from them.

rabidjess

Nov 30, 2018
I got an email on 9th march stating that sponsor eligibility passed and applicant eligibility passed. After that i logged in my CIC account, i got an update showing eligibility met both side and after two days it shows we are processing your background check. After that no update on account and even no email from them.
I think more than likely it is still processing. You are referring to GCkey. You will see on my cic if you have "decision made" or "In process". Either way if you haven't missed any emails or correspondance its just a waiting game.