+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Hey guys 26sep applicant here
I got email through the representative for landing interview scheduled for 3may2019 Hamilton but the letter doesn’t mention my name anywhere is that common?
Your name supposed to be at the letter head together with your UCI. Sample is this:

March 20, 2019
Name: john doe
UCI: 93xxxxxx
App #: F000xxxxxx
Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for 1:00 PM on March 29, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs)
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West

Shikster

Mar 28, 2019
Has anyone considered traveling while waiting on the in-land application? USA applicant trying to travel back to USA to visit family while waiting on this application to clear. I spoke to someone who works in some department for Canadian immigration, use to work border, but now in-land, but not part of CIC, and was told that as long as the person being sponsored doesn't have any issues entering Canada from USA on a regular, and doesn't have any criminal history, traveling between US and Canada wont be a problem.

Not 100% sure about this. I feel like it's a gamble. Anyone travel between the two countries pending decision?

Shikster

Mar 28, 2019
Also, if anyone has had a similar experience, or is still waiting to hear back, apparently it is not uncommon for these departments to lose documents since it is being forwarded from one location to another. I'm guessing, based on past case experience, this adds another 3 month delay to the processing time. The story I heard wasn't from someone who received word from CIC about having to resubmit a document that was lost. The person took initiative to find out why there was a delay and was informed that they needed to resubmit something, and after doing so, finally received an interview letter about 3 months later.

Something to look forward to I guess. Yay.:(

Vikram1993

Dec 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
25-09-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
29-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12/2018
Interview........
Not required yet
Your name supposed to be at the letter head together with your UCI. Sample is this:

March 20, 2019
Name: john doe
UCI: 93xxxxxx
App #: F000xxxxxx
Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for 1:00 PM on March 29, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs)
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
I got this guys please tell me who did his interview what documents they need
Sir/Madam:
Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:
DATE: TIME: Location:
Friday, May 3, 2019
9:00 AM
Federal Building, 55 Bay St.N, Hamilton (Use the Market Street Entrance)
If you have already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490, you must bring a copy of your payment receipt to your scheduled appointment.
In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.
You must attend the interview with the following:
 Your own interpreter, if required
 Your Sponsor (only if applying under the Family Class application).
 Your Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required prior to appointment.
Please see attached sheet for instructions.
 2 Photos for each person on this application (no photo of sponsor needed) taken within the last 12 months - see enclosed appendix for specifications
 Proof of current employment or termination of welfare benefits (for independent or sponsored persons only- including Live-in Caregivers)
 All documents issued to you by Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Sir/Madam:
I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:
Friday, May 3, 2019
If you have already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490, you must bring a copy of your payment receipt to your scheduled appointment.
In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.
 Your Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490 is required prior to appointment.
 2 Photos for each person on this application (no photo of sponsor needed) taken within the last 12 months - see enclosed appendix for specifications
 Proof of current employment or termination of welfare benefits (for independent or sponsored persons only- including Live-in Caregivers)
Thats a landing interview. Good luck just bring whatever they ask. No worries youll be done soon

Reactions: Vikram1993

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Sir/Madam:
Friday, May 3, 2019
Bring your valid passport, sponsor with id(both)showing same address, your visas or working permits, pr photos, printed receipt, they arr also asking you for proof of current employment so bring also. Read the email it enclosed their what you should need to bring

Reactions: Vikram1993

Vikram1993

Dec 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
25-09-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
29-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12/2018
Interview........
Not required yet
Bring your valid passport, sponsor with id(both)showing same address, your visas or working permits, pr photos, printed receipt, they arr also asking you for proof of current employment so bring also. Read the email it enclosed their what you should need to bring
Thanks

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
Has anyone considered traveling while waiting on the in-land application? USA applicant trying to travel back to USA to visit family while waiting on this application to clear. I spoke to someone who works in some department for Canadian immigration, use to work border, but now in-land, but not part of CIC, and was told that as long as the person being sponsored doesn't have any issues entering Canada from USA on a regular, and doesn't have any criminal history, traveling between US and Canada wont be a problem.

Not 100% sure about this. I feel like it's a gamble. Anyone travel between the two countries pending decision?
Another US applicant here. I am currently on a post grad work permit and traveled back to the US no problem after submitting my application. As long as you can validly re-enter Canada there should be no issues, I opened my passport to my work permit like normal, he asked what kind of work I do I told him and said I was waiting on my PR application. He says "oh yeah those can take a while" then waives us through.

Any reason they wouldn't let you back into Canada would probably also be reason to decline your PR if you were sitting here not traveling anyway.

The only time I have heard you should not travel outside of Canada if at all avoidable is between the time of receiving your confirmation of PR after your landing interview and when you get your PR card. You can use the CoPR when crossing by land, but you have to file additional paperwork if traveling by air once you leave Canada, so really just a bit of a hassle but you can still do it.

Reactions: BR_ESL

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Another US applicant here. I am currently on a post grad work permit and traveled back to the US no problem after submitting my application. As long as you can validly re-enter Canada there should be no issues, I opened my passport to my work permit like normal, he asked what kind of work I do I told him and said I was waiting on my PR application. He says "oh yeah those can take a while" then waives us through.

Any reason they wouldn't let you back into Canada would probably also be reason to decline your PR if you were sitting here not traveling anyway.

The only time I have heard you should not travel outside of Canada if at all avoidable is between the time of receiving your confirmation of PR after your landing interview and when you get your PR card. You can use the CoPR when crossing by land, but you have to file additional paperwork if traveling by air once you leave Canada, so really just a bit of a hassle but you can still do it.
What do you mean by "they wouldn't let you back into Canada would probably also be reason to decline your PR if you were sitting here not traveling anyway"
Immigration wants you to stay here in Canada as you are applying to become a PR so you reside her permanently, they are the ones that advice you not to travel when your file is under process so what you said here is irrelevant, immigration won't decline PR because someone didn't travel lol... actually travelling frequently when your inland application is in process can cause a problem and they can refuse your re-entry to Canada ...

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
What do you mean by "they wouldn't let you back into Canada would probably also be reason to decline your PR if you were sitting here not traveling anyway"
Immigration wants you to stay here in Canada as you are applying to become a PR so you reside her permanently, they are the ones that advice you not to travel when your file is under process so what you said here is irrelevant, immigration won't decline PR because someone didn't travel lol... actually travelling frequently when your inland application is in process can cause a problem and they can refuse your re-entry to Canada ...
If you are applying inland immigration only want's you to stay in Canada in terms of residency, it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to take a vacation or travel for business while your application is in process. It's unreasonable to require people to not travel for up to a year while their application is in processing. I think immigration would be more interested in the reason you are traveling rather than the fact that you are traveling.

My point was that yes while you are taking a risk and they could deny you reentry into Canada during travel, any reason they would do this is also likely a reason for them to deny you PR (say they find out you have a criminal history and deny you reentry, that fact would also come out if you stayed in Canada and affect your PR application). If you are on a work or study permit, are married to a Canadian, or have pretty much any valid reason to enter Canada and doing reasonable travel (visiting family, going on vacation, doing business) there is no real reason for them to deny you reentry into Canada and the fact that you traveled while your file was under review would not be an issue.

Maybe your PR application could run into issues if you applied inland and then were out of Canada for 9 months working in your home country, sure, but I don't think this is what the person was originally asking about. You are not forbidden from travel outside of Canada just because you applied for PR.

Reactions: BR_ESL

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
If you are applying inland immigration only want's you to stay in Canada in terms of residency, it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to take a vacation or travel for business while your application is in process. It's unreasonable to require people to not travel for up to a year while their application is in processing. I think immigration would be more interested in the reason you are traveling rather than the fact that you are traveling.

My point was that yes while you are taking a risk and they could deny you reentry into Canada during travel, any reason they would do this is also likely a reason for them to deny you PR (say they find out you have a criminal history and deny you reentry, that fact would also come out if you stayed in Canada and affect your PR application). If you are on a work or study permit, are married to a Canadian, or have pretty much any valid reason to enter Canada and doing reasonable travel (visiting family, going on vacation, doing business) there is no real reason for them to deny you reentry into Canada and the fact that you traveled while your file was under review would not be an issue.

Maybe your PR application could run into issues if you applied inland and then were out of Canada for 9 months working in your home country, sure, but I don't think this is what the person was originally asking about. You are not forbidden from travel outside of Canada just because you applied for PR.
The phrasing of the words you said can have two meanings
No one said travelling is forbidden but I was hinting that no one can say staying in Canada and not travelling would be an issue

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
The phrasing of the words you said can have two meanings
No one said travelling is forbidden but I was hinting that no one can say staying in Canada and not travelling would be an issue
Why would staying in Canada and not traveling be an issue, I didn't say that, I said "Any reason they wouldn't let you back into Canada would probably also be reason to decline your PR if you were sitting here not traveling anyway". Meaning you might as well travel because they would be unlikely to deny you reentry for a reason other than one that would also affect your PR application anyway. If they have a reason to deny you reentry they probably also have a reason to deny you PR, so if there is not reason to deny you reentry why not travel? The fact that you have applied for PR is not a reason to deny you reentry, if anything it would support your reentry as you have already demonstrated taking a next step to permanently reside in Canada.

Reactions: Geno.uss

Ashvikha

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
I got my dm on ecas and emails of landing in etobicoke office ok march 29th but i have no update on my interview date so far. Getting worried

Reactions: bushra1122