+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
No I don't think so, not sure what that would officially be called but I'm sure someone will tell you.

Bases on your timeline you should be getting close to DM on both sides on ECAS. This seems to be the most reliable sign for people who applied in September, I was Sept 13 application and got DMs on March 16. My AIP and sponsor approval arrived something like two weeks after I got my landing letter from the Edmonton office on March 16, but the timing of which letter comes first varies depending on your landing office. Check ECAS for DM status, that is the real indicator that changes are happening.

Pretty sure the AIP text is as follows:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Edmonton IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Passport / Travel Document
You must bring your valid passport / travel document with you to your appointment at the Canada Immigration Centre. If your passport / travel document was seized by CBSA, it will be sent to the Canada Immigration Centre directly and will be returned to you at your appointment. Do not contact CBSA to retrieve it as it will not be released to you until your appointment at the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 is required before you can become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will not be issued to you until this payment is made.

Letter I received is AIP. I was able to apply for Health Card in Ontario.

Reactions: Prettyjhazz

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
Do you guys know if I can pay the RPRF and just take the receipts to my landing interview or do I have to actually upload them via the web form?
Also as mentioned before in this thread make sure you actually have to pay this. If you paid $1040 with your initial application the $490 PRRF is included in that and you just have to bring that receipt (one with the bar code) with you.

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Also as mentioned before in this thread make sure you actually have to pay this. If you paid $1040 with your initial application the $490 PRRF is included in that and you just have to bring that receipt (one with the bar code) with you.
True, i forgot to mention thanks. If your pay 1040 just print the receipt and bring it to the landing interview

Reactions: bushra1122

Shikster

Mar 28, 2019
Hey guys,

Could use some advice/help!

Applicant accepted Sept 24th,
Started processing sponsor applicant Oct 16th
Nov 28th PR applicant requested to do medical exam - received
Jan 2nd PR requested fingerprints - completed, received by RCMP 22nd of Jan, sent out by RCMP to CIC in Mississauga Jan 23rd - LOST IN MAIL
March 21st- call from CIC wondering about the whereabouts of fingerprints - emailed receipt of doing it back in Jan
March 22nd - call from CIC asking to contact RCMP about it, and said once fingerprints come back cleared, next step is PR interview at Etobicoke office. Called RCMP, they said they received it 22nd of Jan and sent it out 23rd so it must be lost, got an email from them stating the same and send that to the CIC office as well - didn't hear anything after that.
March 28 - DM made for me (sponsor)
Last Friday - re-did fingerprints to avoid further delay - still no update or contact from CIC agent - nor did they request for us to do it, just figured, instead of waiting for them to tell us to do it again, we might as well save time.
Email today (April 14th) that PR applicant's request for extension of temp approved - "WP-EXT" - assuming work permit? - sent at the same time as the entire application back in August.

Anyone have a similar experience of documents being lost but no contact about process from CIC? If so, what was the prolonged delay time on that? Or whether anyone else got their WP-EXT before interview (even though that should be the process, seems like you could get your interview before getting word on work permit), and if so, does it cause a delay in the DM of PR applicant or PR interview?

Sometimes, no news from CIC is good news lol, Every time I get an email that is not a DM on PR applicant, I can't focus on anything else but this!

Vhan18

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Random question - after most people got their DM letter, did anyone have their CIC account update to reflect that? Got my DM on March 29, but CIC still says reviewing eligibility o_O
You got DM on ecas on 29 March or DM letter on 29 march?

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Yeah I didn't pay it up front so I have to pay it. Just on all the letters I've received it says to upload it to them. I'm hoping it works out to just take the receipt

Reactions: Prettyjhazz

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Congratulations. Do we have to contact Etobicoke or CIC to book an appointment for COPR or they just send the email themselves.?
You can email them ask about the status of your landing. Dont forget to indicate your name, uci and application number. Or you can just wait till they sent you an email for your landing schedule

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Did you get the health coverage from OHIP with AIP right away or you were told to that it will start after 3 months
Once you apply youll get a copy of paper and they will tell you can used it after 3 months from the day you apply. If your using aip the expiration date is 1year but you will need to update them later on once you land and it will expired same as your pr card

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Yeah I didn't pay it up front so I have to pay it. Just on all the letters I've received it says to upload it to them. I'm hoping it works out to just take the receipt
Just pay it 72 hours before you land as it will only show on their system 72 hours after you pay. You needed to bring the receipt at the landing place.

Reactions: LinkinMark

Vikram1993

Dec 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
25-09-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
29-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12/2018
Interview........
Not required yet
Hey guys 26sep applicant here
I got email through the representative for landing interview scheduled for 3may2019 Hamilton but the letter doesn’t mention my name anywhere is that common?