+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Nedalk2002

Oct 20, 2018
Can somebody please step in? Getting bit impatient :(
Don’t worry I got decision made and after few days got landing interview without receiving SA or AIP I got those letter after I got the landing interview and o Gckey did not change status as it’s still saying background check in process and reviewing eligibility till today and I have my interview tomorrow. Relax you are good to go just wait for the landing letter depends on your location you might get it late or early.

NewinC

Nov 14, 2018
When did your ecas change? I noticed ecas changed to 'Decision
Made' March 25th and i called ircc and they told eligibility passed, the ivr said eligibility under review. I got SA letter from consultant sent through ircc on March 27th.
Thanks for your reply.
We noticed ecas showed "decision made" on saturday. IVR says as you said. GCKey doesn't show anything and Consultant hasnt received anything though.

NewinC

Nov 14, 2018
Don’t worry I got decision made and after few days got landing interview without receiving SA or AIP I got those letter after I got the landing interview and o Gckey did not change status as it’s still saying background check in process and reviewing eligibility till today and I have my interview tomorrow. Relax you are good to go just wait for the landing letter depends on your location you might get it late or early.

Thanks! All the members here give us a sigh of relief. Good to know that what we are experiencing right now is normal
We will keep our fingers crossed!
Thanks again for your replies!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I got a DM on eCAS 5 days before getting the same "we are reviewing your eligibility and your background check is in progress" message, and subsequently I received my SA after 8 days, AIP and DM letters after 15 days. My BGC status still says the same "in progress" but the whole process is done and I am just waiting for my landing interview. So as long as your rep gets your AIP, DM or invitation letters this week or next, you are fine and there is nothing to worry. Cheer up! :p

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
Don't worry much, you'll be surprised you'll get it soon. I was on the same boat like you before but last week I got PA by Thursday then landing interview letter day after. Be patient...don't overthink.

Reactions: NewinC

NewinC

Nov 14, 2018
I got a DM on eCAS 5 days before getting the same "we are reviewing your eligibility and your background check is in progress" message, and subsequently I received my SA after 8 days, AIP and DM letters after 15 days. My BGC status still says the same "in progress" but the whole process is done and I am just waiting for my landing interview. So as long as your rep gets your AIP, DM or invitation letters this week or next, you are fine and there is nothing to worry. Cheer up! :p

@barsarah and @tipsy thanks

Reactions: barsarah

hkpap228

Jan 14, 2019
Is anyone waiting for the landing letter from Etobicoke after DM letter? Got my DM letter last Monday but haven't heard back so wanted to see when I might be expected to hear from them.

Reactions: Vhan18 and MayMay3

NewinC

Nov 14, 2018
This forum brings luck
My lawyer got interview letter today, scheduled on May 1

edinera

Apr 16, 2016
Hi all,

I'm a september 24th applicant. I got decision made on both sides on March 29th. My gckey says that they are reviewing eligibility for the past 1 week or so. And it also says that my background check is in process. No SA, AIP or DM letters yet ! But i have received email for landing interview today from the Ottawa office. It has been scheduled for April 15. Though this is my first post, I have been watching this forum and thread. Cheers and Good Luck to all of you.

Last edited:

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
@Nedalk2002 and @lyn80, good luck on your interviews today!

Please share your experience and the questions they asked when you come back, thanks a bunch! :p

Nedalk2002

Oct 20, 2018
Hello everybody, today had the landing interview at 9pm .
Timeline: 19 September applicant inland
Landing interview 9 April .
The interview was only 3 minutes and the officer was so nice and making jokes, she asked me and my wife if we ever been charged we said no and that’s it. It was very smooth and simply I was stressed a bit for no reason . Good luck to everybody .

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
Hi all,

I'm a september 24th applicant. I got decision made on both sides on March 29th. My gckey says that they are reviewing eligibility for the past 1 week or so. And it also says that my background check is in process. No SA, AIP or DM letters yet ! But i have received email for landing interview today from the Ottawa office. It has been scheduled for April 15. Though this is my first post, I have been watching this forum and thread. Cheers and Good Luck to all of you.
Congrats! My husband was a September 24 applicant and landed in Ottawa today.

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
Thank you for your 1-second reply!

I would like to collect landing interview questions and prepare for an interview in the future, although I am still at BGC stage.

Does anyone have a list of landing interview questions?
My husband landed today in Ottawa! We were asked:
-Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
-Have you ever been denied entry into Canada or asked to leave Canada?
-Do you have any dependents besides the ones listed in your application?

That was it :). They asked for proof that we live together (our drivers licenses which had the same address listed), and my husband (applicant)'s passport, and the 2 required passport photos listed on the landing letter.

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Is anyone waiting for the landing letter from Etobicoke after DM letter? Got my DM letter last Monday but haven't heard back so wanted to see when I might be expected to hear from them.
Still waiting on an interview at Etobicoke too. Got my letter March 29.

Reactions: MayMay3 and Vhan18