+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
For interview scheduled letter will receive email or post mail?
Its email heres a sample:
Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for 1:00 PM on March 29, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs)
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:  Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.  Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.  Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.  Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.  Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.
Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).
Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Hey guys I’ve been following this forum for a while thought I’d share my timeline

Pr application inland.

17th sept 18: package send via ups.

19th sept 18: package delivered.

13th oct 18: AOR

23rd nov 18: medical requests

14th dec 18: medical completed

19th dec 18: medical passed

20th dec 18: background check started

15th Jan 19: owp approved

21st Jan 19: owp received in mail

24th mar 19: DM both sides ecas

24th mar 19: SA letter

29th mar 19: Aip

29th mar 19: Dm letter

1st April 19: Received Landing interview Calgary
Congratulation

Reactions: Bambam00

Rvyas

Mar 8, 2019
Its email heres a sample:
Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for 1:00 PM on March 29, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs)
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:  Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.  Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.  Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.  Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.  Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.
Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).
Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.
Can you please share how long it will take to receive interview letter after dm letter which says we completed your process etobicoke will contact you soon??

Reactions: Prettyjhazz

xander88

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Is anyone else having difficulty logging into GCKey? As soon as I click 'Continue to GCKey' it takes me back to the page where I select language again.
Pls I want to ask a question what was the timeframe between when you summited additional documents and when you got a Dm?

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Pls I want to ask a question what was the timeframe between when you summited additional documents and when you got a Dm?
The request for additional documents (rcmp fingerprints and pcc of home country) was received the same day the BGC started - Dec 28th

The due date for the additional documents submission was Jan 27th. We requested an extension because we would not receive the pcc in time to forward to the office.

The rcmp fingerprints were received by CPC Mississauga on Jan 23rd and the pcc was received on Jan 28th.

Because our request for extension was granted, the BGC didn't actively start until end of Feb.

My father's BGC is still underway and the last time I spoke with an agent (Mar 25th) he was still in phase 1 - criminality.

His BGC hasn't completed yet, and his file's review of eligibility hasn't started so we're nowhere near any DMs.

xander88

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
The request for additional documents (rcmp fingerprints and pcc of home country) was received the same day the BGC started - Dec 28th

The due date for the additional documents submission was Jan 27th. We requested an extension because we would not receive the pcc in time to forward to the office.

The rcmp fingerprints were received by CPC Mississauga on Jan 23rd and the pcc was received on Jan 28th.

Because our request for extension was granted, the BGC didn't actively start until end of Feb.

My father's BGC is still underway and the last time I spoke with an agent (Mar 25th) he was still in phase 1 - criminality.

His BGC hasn't completed yet, and his file's review of eligibility hasn't started so we're nowhere near any DMs.
Thank you soon he will get a good update

Reactions: bushra1122

Innay

Jan 16, 2019
Can anybody tell me what is a ghost update, and what is DM, PA, SA, AIP? Thanks!

I haven't been following this since I got the OWP in January. And now I don't understand all these abbreviations.o_O

rabidjess

Nov 30, 2018
Can anybody tell me what is a ghost update, and what is DM, PA, SA, AIP? Thanks!

I haven't been following this since I got the OWP in January. And now I don't understand all these abbreviations.o_O
A "Ghost Update" is when your ECAS says there is an update but when you check the status there is no obvious changes, it usually means something is happening with your application and you can expect some sort of correspondence in the near future.

DM - Decision Made
PA- Principle applicant (the person being sponsored)
SA - spousal approval for the sponsor
AIP- approved in principle - first stage approval of the PA pending the completion of background check and any other secondary checks

Reactions: barsarah