+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
My hubby's BGC started when his medical was approved. November 27th.
My father's started on Dec 27th, however we had requested an extension ticthe 30-day period to submit documents whixh was Jan 27. We got the documents in Jan 28. But according to call centre agents the extension was granted so technically the active BGC started end of Feb for us.

Let's see how things play out. :)

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
My father's started on Dec 27th, however we had requested an extension ticthe 30-day period to submit documents whixh was Jan 27. We got the documents in Jan 28. But according to call centre agents the extension was granted so technically the active BGC started end of Feb for us.

Let's see how things play out.
Oh yes remember you mentioned the extension. I am optimistic for him.

Reactions: bushra1122

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I’m sorry what’s the DM? My landing office is Edmonton.
Hi @kareng1011,

What a pleasant surprise and congrats on getting your interview invitation all of a sudden after being so quiet for a long time LOL! :D

At the interview, you are going to get a CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence - a piece of paper with a bunch of bar codes). After getting it, you are looking at about another 45 days + delivery time until you receive your physical PR card in the mail. While you are waiting, you can use it to get your permanent SIN (Social Insurance Number) at your nearest Service Canada Centre.

Also DM means Decision Made; however, there are 3 different types of DMs:
  • 1st one will show up on the status of your Sponsor's eCAS (change from "In Process" to "Decision Made"), which transitions into SA (Sponsor Approval), and when your Sponsor gets an approval, he or she will be receiving an email confirming his or her eligibility to sponsor you to become a PR.
  • 2nd DM will be for yourself (the Principal Applicant). It is a status update from "In Process" to "Decision Made" on the PA's side on eCAS, which will transition into AIP (Approved in Principle), and when you get Approved in Principle, you will be receiving an email confirming that you have been determined to be eligible for a permanent residency in Canada.
  • 3rd DM will be an email confirming that your application for your Permanent Residency has been successfully completed and tells you to wait for a further instruction from your nearest CIC/IRCC office for your Landing Interview, which you already have.
Since I explained about the different types of DMs already, I might as well cover the other transitional updates LOL:
  • "Ghost" update: The very first update that applicants notice when they randomly (but frequently) check their MyCIC/GCKey account after weeks/months of silence from CIC/IRCC. It will say "Application/profile updated" but when you check, there won't be anything new and it changes back to "Submitted" when you go back to the main status page. It basically means that someone accessed your application and reviewing it, and you will be getting progressive updates very soon. Some applicants had further updates on the same day of getting a "ghost" update but some had to wait 3 weeks.
  • Status change on MyCIC/GCKey from "Your application in progress" to "We are reviewing your eligibility". Most applicants get it right after getting a "ghost" update. It means exactly what it is - someone is reviewing your eligibility and soon you will get a DM.
  • A 2nd new line added on eCAS on the PA's side informing that CIC/IRCC started processing the PA's application. It will say "We started processing PA's application on date". This will transition later into a DM on eCAS on the PA's side.
So @kareng1011, If it isn't too much trouble for you, can you provide us the dates of the updates you had using the information I provided above? The date you noticed a "ghost" update, the date you had a status change on MyCIC/GCKey, the date you had "started processing your application" on eCAS, the date you had a DM on eCAS, the date you had an AIP email, SA email, and DM email?

Thanks! :p

Last edited:

Gurpinder9988

Mar 28, 2018
Are you referring to no records found on ECAS? If yes, the same thing happened to me. I lost access or no records found; the reason for this is because I missed a hand signature on one of the forms.
Reply what i have to do now I talked to my consultant and they said its due to site maintenance I am confused

camino_walkers

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi @kareng1011,

What a pleasant surprise and congrats on getting your interview invitation all of a sudden after being so quiet for a long time LOL! :D

At the interview, you are going to get a CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence - a piece of paper with a bunch of bar codes). After getting it, you are looking at about another 45 days + delivery time until you receive your physical PR card in the mail. While you are waiting, you can use it to get your permanent SIN (Social Insurance Number) at your nearest Service Canada Centre.

• 1st one will show up on the status of your Sponsor's eCAS (change from "In Process" to "Decision Made"), which transitions into SA (Sponsor Approval), and when your Sponsor gets an approval, he or she will be receiving an email confirming his or her eligibility to sponsor you to become a PR.
  • 2nd DM will be for yourself (the Principal Applicant). It is a status update from "In Process" to "Decision Made" on the PA's side on eCAS, which will transition into AIP (Approved in Principle), and when you get Approved in Principle, you will be receiving an email confirming that you have been determined to be eligible for a permanent residency in Canada.
  • 3rd DM will be an email confirming that your application for your Permanent Residency has been successfully completed and tells you to wait for a further instruction from your nearest CIC/IRCC office for your Landing Interview, which you already have.
Since I explained about the different types of DMs already, I might as well cover the other transitional updates LOL:
  • "Ghost" update: The very first update that applicants notice when they randomly (but frequently) check their MyCIC/GCKey account after weeks/months of silence from CIC/IRCC. It will say "Application/profile updated" but when you check, there won't be anything new and it changes back to "Submitted" when you go back to the main status page. It basically means that someone accessed your application and reviewing it, and you will be getting progressive updates very soon. Some applicants had further updates on the same day of getting a "ghost" update but some had to wait 3 weeks.
  • Status change on MyCIC/GCKey from "Your application in progress" to "We are reviewing your eligibility". Most applicants get it right after getting a "ghost" update. It means exactly what it is - someone is reviewing your eligibility and soon you will get a DM.
  • A 2nd new line added on eCAS on the PA's side informing that CIC/IRCC started processing the PA's application. It will say "We started processing PA's application on date". This will transition later into a DM on eCAS on the PA's side.
So @kareng1011, If it isn't too much trouble for you, can you provide us the dates of the updates you had using the information I provided above? The date you noticed a "ghost" update, the date you had a status change on MyCIC/GCKey, the date you had "started processing your application" on eCAS, the date you had a DM on eCAS, the date you had a AIP email, SA email, and DM email?

Barsarah, you are a wealth of information and so valuable across the various threads. Thank you! My husband is a November applicant, but I also follow the Sept applicants thread, as it gives me a good idea (and much hope) regarding what’s in store for us two months from now. Thanks again, Barsarah. You should definitely become an immigration consultant, as you’d make an amazing one!

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Hi @kareng1011,

So @kareng1011, If it isn't too much trouble for you, can you provide us the dates of the updates you had using the information I provided above? The date you noticed a "ghost" update, the date you had a status change on MyCIC/GCKey, the date you had "started processing your application" on eCAS, the date you had a DM on eCAS, the date you had an AIP email, SA email, and DM email?

I honestly haven't noticed ANY updates - except that I had asked for extension for my dependents medical exams (who are NOT coming with me) - after I submitted March 4th - it took about 2 weeks and I noticed medical exams passed. I also noticed just Tuesday that all uploaded additional documents had been received (also concerning kids) as before this it still said additional documets required. but nothing until I received email yesterday with the landing information. Sorry, Im not as "on the ball" as you are tracking but I don't recall ANY updates the were sent to me saying my status has changed or been updated or anything!

Reactions: barsarah

MJatkmtrt

Mar 19, 2019
Hi @kareng1011,

Hi barsarah,

How can we know when the BGC started? Thanks for your clear information.

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
I honestly haven't noticed ANY updates - except that I had asked for extension for my dependents medical exams (who are NOT coming with me) - after I submitted March 4th - it took about 2 weeks and I noticed medical exams passed. I also noticed just Tuesday that all uploaded additional documents had been received (also concerning kids) as before this it still said additional documets required. but nothing until I received email yesterday with the landing information. Sorry, Im not as "on the ball" as you are tracking but I don't recall ANY updates the were sent to me saying my status has changed or been updated or anything!
Right so the updates are only on your ecas or GCKey which you have to sign on to see. Many of us didn't get any other email notifications since the application was received and were assigned an application number aside from the medical. If you never linked your paper application to GCKey or didn't log on to ecas with your UCI or application number you weren't tracking this the same way as others. If you are from the US you likely got even fewer emails as we don't need to submit things like biometrics. Basically you submitted a complete application and if you weren't tracking things yourself online then yes you would have likely not heard from them since the medical request.

Ashvikha

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
hello guys, finally my wait is over too. In gc key my eligibility is started for reviewing. and as I was restless today called cic and spoke to an agent and she told me that my eligibility is done and I should be receiving a letter soon and interview will be in Etobicoke. but no update in ecas so far. only gckey is updated

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
To those who got a ramdon check from ircc just for confirmation can anybody tells me here what are the numbers their using? Is it no caller id, private number? I really dont answers strangers numbers today someone is calling and i didnt pick up here is the number ‭(659) 797-3000‬(its says canada) thanks

Reactions: ForeverYou

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
hello guys, finally my wait is over too. In gc key my eligibility is started for reviewing. and as I was restless today called cic and spoke to an agent and she told me that my eligibility is done and I should be receiving a letter soon and interview will be in Etobicoke. but no update in ecas so far. only gckey is updated
That's wonderful news! Here's to hoping for the rest of the journey to be quick and haslefree!

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Can i please get your timeline? And how many days after you received ghost update did you get any further update? Thanks