+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

hkpap228

Jan 14, 2019
Hi guys, I am also a September 19 applicant. I was finally able to call IRCC but not through the traditional way. Quick tip: if you follow what they tell you to press, you won't get through so I pressed 3, 4 and then in the end I pressed 0 and it finally led me to an agent after 30 minutes. I assume they don't want people calling about the application, so if you press 1, 1, 2, 3 the traditional way, they will just say that all agents are full and we can't transfer you to an agent.

I was able to get my WP number and also asked the current status, they said they are reviewing it but they should be approving this week. She wasn't able to give me a definite answer of when it will be approved so fingers crossed that us Sep 19th applicant will be approved this week.

Reactions: Vikram1993

basket90

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Checked the status this morning, it says: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
Application Sept. 19
only some more hours for you guys to go!!! Hope for you guys that by the end of this week all september applicants will have their OWP approved!!
I'm checking everyday my mail box to finally got it in my hands... this paper will allow me to access to so many services!!

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
When they say that, does it mean it will be approved very soon...?
From what I've seen from some previous applicants, it was approved the same day, but with IRCC you never know! Not sure what they check and how long that takes for them to make a decision and update the system.

Reactions: iizukaamanda

hkpap228

Jan 14, 2019
From what I've seen from some previous applicants, it was approved the same day, but with IRCC you never know! Not sure what they check and how long that takes for them to make a decision and update the system.
Thank you fingers crossed!! Does anyone know if they usually update the system or let you know the approval in the morning, afternoon or end of day?

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Checked the status this morning, it says: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
Application Sept. 19
You're talking about OWP, right? Not your PR?

Reactions: iizukaamanda

Laca

Sep 5, 2018
Hi guys,

Please advise:
I sponsored my spouse as inland. I am citizen but my spouse was refugee claimant when we got married here and started this application. Now they are asking of a new passport and police certificate from my spouses country of orogin. My spouse has been here for 4yrs and has been getting work permit renewed every year.
My question is that we do not see it as a good idea to go ahead and apply for a passport from my spouses country of orgin since she is refugee claimant. Can we just send a letter explaining that to IRCc? Please advice us the best way to deal with this. Thank you

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Can I ask after you received your OWP approval on GCKey, how long did it take them to email you the approval? And how long did it take to receive the actual OWP?
The email came next day, and as you can see from my timeline in my signature, the physical permit arrived 6 days later.