+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

saniyasunesara

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Ok, good to know that it's not just me. But it would be nice to get to the bottom of it. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to call IRCC and find out.
That’s true but I believe that it cannot be wrong or like there cannot be any issue since it showed our UCI no on it
And I think if there was an issue it could not get linked in first place so..

Freshboi

Sep 13, 2018
That’s true but I believe that it cannot be wrong or like there cannot be any issue since it showed our UCI no on it
And I think if there was an issue it could not get linked in first place so..
Yes, good point.

My OWP application number begins with a "W", and my PR application number begins with an "F". Same for you?

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
It seems like the processing times are getting faster. I just read one October Inland applicant already received his/her AOR 17 days from receipt.

Reactions: BR_ESL

Giangdo

Oct 28, 2018
Hello. Im Giang. I have just join in this room.
My Pr include OWP application has be sent on Sep 13 same time. We had uci and application number. I linked gc key successfully. How can i link and check status owp? Sorry for my worst english

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hello. Im Giang. I have just join in this room.
My Pr include OWP application has be sent on Sep 13 same time. We had uci and application number. I linked gc key successfully. How can i link and check status owp? Sorry for my worst english
Hi @Giangdo, I already posted the instruction on a different thread. Click on the link below:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permit-owp-how-to-link-on-mycic-and-timeline-2018.589141/page-2#post-7308602

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018
Hello all. We applied from Edmonton with package arrival on September 15. I was so frustrated when our package was returned October 15th as we had missed my husband's parent's address on the Additional Family Information form. We updated and resent on October 15th fearing that we had lost a whole month. Nope!

AOR - October 18th, 2018; 33 days total. So relieved!

One possible tip - when they returned our package, they included a the front of our original envelope with the date received stamp on it. I returned it with our package as well as the front of the envelope that the package had been sent back from CIC in, along with all of the information they had sent us.

Now awaiting OWP as my husband has a job offer waiting contingent on receiving the OWP by January 15th. Hoping December as he is anxious to trade his "honey-do" list for full-time work.

Best of luck everyone. This forum is such a help.

H.

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Any new update about our SA or open work permit ?
Had a conversation with CIC customer care regarding OWP, today afternoon. After giving my file number of PR, she told that CIC is yet to open my OWP file/application and that is why I am unable to link it. She also told that OWP file/application shall be generated only after Sponsor's eligibility Approval.

I am amused as others have there OWP file number. o_Oo_O

Nasimj

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

Well our update is as follows:

Our timeline is:
Date Sent: 17 August 2018
Received: 21st August 2018
Returned: 19th September 2018 (incorrect fees paid for OWP and missing information on Family Declaration)
Date ReSent: 24th September 2018
Date Received: 27th September 2018
AOR Received: 19th October 2018 (22 days from receipt)

I have now successfully linked both the PR application and the OWP application! That in itself was a major accomplishment! I must thank all who supplied step-by-step details.

With regards to the length of time for the OWP. The processing time as stated in CIC is currently 5 weeks. Our application states on the website received on 20th September so surely 5 weeks is from this date?! We are going to send a message or call to get clarification on this. I will let all know how this goes.

;)
Hi Nixey, I was wondering if you were able to get some clarification in regards to WP processing time, that has been my question as well because what they have put on the website is way different compared to the actual timelines.
Thank you

Oct 29, 2018
Hi Nixey, I was wondering if you were able to get some clarification in regards to WP processing time, that has been my question as well because what they have put on the website is way different compared to the actual timelines.
Thank you
We talked to CIC yesterday because we were having trouble linking the paper application to our online account. They are still quoting the 4 month timeline for OWP - which isn't reflective of what we are seeing in this group's tracking.
As someone who works in government in Canada, I know where they're at. They can't promise anything more than their policy states.
Let's all keep updating our timelines so we get lots of good data.
H.

Reactions: Nasimj

Nixey

Oct 16, 2018
Thank you
Morning
I haven’t managed to get through to the CIC. The time lines don’t make sense but if they are confirming our elegibilty to sponsor before the OWP is issued does make sense on the increase of time. They should give further information on the processing times page. I will keep updating if anything should change.

Reactions: Nasimj
Oct 29, 2018
I was able to log on to ecas today - but we are still waiting on being able to link our application.

It shows this timeline for our application:

PR and OWP sent September 13th
Received by CIC September 15th
Returned by CIC October 10th
Date Resent October 15th
Application received by CIC October 18th
Processing started by CIC October 26th
AOR Letter sent by CIC received October 27th

Reactions: Betabr