+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
I received the WP in the mail today. Application Received Sept. 19; Application Approved January 16; Received in Mail January 21.

Question for applicants here: in the remarks section it says "Document issued to passport expiry date. Pending FC Apr.".
Does it say the same in yours?

Last edited:

hkpap228

Jan 14, 2019
Just received my OWP in the mail! Application received September 19th. Received my approval Jan 15th, and got it in the mail today Jan 21.

Reactions: blueming

hkpap228

Jan 14, 2019
I received the WP in the mail today. Application Received Sept. 19; Application Approved January 16; Received in Mail January 21.

Question for applicants here: in the remarks section it says "Document issued to passport expiry date. Pending FC Apr.".
No, mine just says pending for FR Apr. No mention of document issued to passport expiry date. I wonder why they say that.

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
No, mine just says pending for FR Apr. No mention of document issued to passport expiry date. I wonder why they say that.
Mine doesn't say anything until passport expiry date, I was a bit surprised because I thought it would, and my husband's passport expires in about 5 months. But the WP says 2 years.

Reactions: barsarah

basket90

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019

When does your passport expire?

Mine doesn't say anything until passport expiry date, I was a bit surprised because I thought it would, and my husband's passport expires in about 5 months. But the WP says 2 years.
For mine it states: Temoprary resident status maintained as per R183(6). Pending FC APR.

FC APR = Family Class Application for Permanent Residence

Last edited:

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
Well technically, my WP is issued until June 2020 which is when my passport expires, so that part is okay. I was more concerned about the “Pending FC
When does your passport expire?

For mine it states: Temoprary resident status maintained as per R183(6). Pending FC APR.

FC APR = Family Class Application for Permanent Residence
June 2020

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
IRCC Webform help! I need to submit additional documents, and I just went to the webform to do so. If first asks you to select the type of application/enquiry you are making. Does anyone know what to select? Under permanent residence, it doesn't give the appropriate drop down (spousal/common law partner). Or am I supposed to select 'replacement documents'? Thanks for your help!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019

Hey guys, here is a copy-and-paste from the CIC website directly:
Work permit issuance
Under the Application screen, the work permit shall be coded as followed:
Case type: 27
Special Program Code: “SPO” (sponsored spouse or partner)
Province of Destination: “Unknown” or “Open”
LMIA – Exemption code: “A70”
NOC code: “9999”
Intended Occupation: “Open”
Duration: Maximum of 2 years or until the date the SCLPC class applicant’s passport expires, whichever is the earliest
User Remarks: “Pending SCLPC APR” = "Pending Spousal or Common-Law Partners in Canada", and APR = "Application for Permanent Resicency" or "Approval" or "Application in Process"
Conditions: If a medical examination has not been completed, work permits should be open employer/occupation-restricted
So it is normal they put the remarks in the bottom of your OWP.

That's good! They did it probably because your husband is gonna renew his passport during the process before the competition anyway. So if you haven't already, you may wanna start working on his renewal, earlier the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: skhan1002

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Wish they'd done that for me. Mine expires in October :(
While I should be done with the process by then, you never know what will come up

Reactions: barsarah