Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
hi, OWP sent in with PR on sept 4th. I just called and the lady if its not approved by March 25th call back. i at least got my app number but still cant link anything,
That's so weird... I wonder why she said that, specifically March 25? Did you ask why or inquire the details on why it's taking longer than everyone else?

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Hi guys,

Please advise:
I sponsored my spouse as inland. I am citizen but my spouse was refugee claimant when we got married here and started this application. Now they are asking of a new passport and police certificate from my spouses country of orogin. My spouse has been here for 4yrs and has been getting work permit renewed every year.
My question is that we do not see it as a good idea to go ahead and apply for a passport from my spouses country of orgin since she is refugee claimant. Can we just send a letter explaining that to IRCc? Please advice us the best way to deal with this. Thank you
I know I read someone had to get a new passport at their country's embassy here in Canada.

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
does the application for OWP after submitting the PR application have the same timeline as the one with application with the PR?
They're separate, so depending when you submit the OWP it will follow the timeline for OWP, regardless of the PR timeline. Therefore, it's better to submit both at the same time, so you can get your OWP within 4 months, because PR could take up to 12 months.

blueming

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
They're separate, so depending when you submit the OWP it will follow the timeline for OWP, regardless of the PR timeline. Therefore, it's better to submit both at the same time, so you can get your OWP within 4 months, because PR could take up to 12 months.
Thanks for your reply. I submitted my PR with OWP at the end of Aug. But the OWP application was returned in Sep as the sign was forgotten. So I had to apply OWP again in Oct. and mailed it to Edmonton directly. Just want to know whether I can get my OWP sooner than the applicant with both application for PR and OWP in Oct.

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I submitted my PR with OWP at the end of Aug. But the OWP application was returned in Sep as the sign was forgotten. So I had to apply OWP again in Oct. and mailed it to Edmonton directly. Just want to know whether I can get my OWP sooner than the applicant with both application for PR and OWP in Oct.
This is completely an assumption on my end, but I would think that Oct. would be considered the application date for the OWP. Maybe someone else here has a better idea on this topic.

Pnut&lulu

Nov 30, 2018
Hi! I'm an October applicant, but I like to get an idea of how the process is going by looking at this thread.

For those of you who have received the OWP by now, how long did it take them to send by postal mail from the moment you received approval by email/myCIC/ecas?

Also for those who have received the OWP, would you say it took the average amount of time? or more/less?

Thanks and good luck to all
Approved January 8th got physical copy in the mail January 16th.

Reactions: barsarah