+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

bbreeze

Nov 27, 2018
Application Received 06 September
AOR 27 September
Medical Request 26 November

I have only been able to check on the application via the online tool. Does this mean medical request info is being sent by snail mail? Despite an uncounted amount of attempts, for the life of me, I cannot link my paper application to an online account and it is extremely frustrating! I have read various tips but still haven't been able to do it. Any words of wisdom? I am the sponsor of my husband from the USA. We are married and have a daughter who was born in Canada.

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
It seems like they're all over the shop with how they're handing out medical requests. My app was received on Sept. 13 and I've heard nothing since AOR on Oct. 11... this is stressin' me out.

Does anyone else's GCKey say that their status is "Submitted"?? I'm not sure why it's not reading as "In Process", like eCAS.

Last edited:

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
It seems like they're all over the shop with how they're handing out medical requests. My app was received on Sept. 13 and I've heard nothing since AOR on Oct. 11... this is stressin' me out.

Does anyone else's GCKey say that their status is "Submitted"?? I'm not sure why it's not reading as "In Process", like eCAS.
It will stay "submitted" til the end of the process - it's nothing to worry about and there's no need to overthink these minor details. Relax, it's all normal.

Reactions: ldoell

Freshboi

Sep 13, 2018

I have the same timeline as you and also have not got a MR yet.

Does everyone always get a MR? Or is it only some applicants?

xander88

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
AOR 27 September

I have only been able to check on the application via the online tool. Does this mean medical request info is being sent by snail mail? Despite an uncounted amount of attempts, for the life of me, I cannot link my paper application to an online account and it is extremely frustrating! I have read various tips but still haven't been able to do it. Any words of wisdom? I am the sponsor of my husband from the USA. We are married and have a daughter who was born in Canada.
Same timeline

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I got an email and my cic shows medical request
Hi @cduanra, congrats! I am guessing you are the PA? Just wanted to clarify who gets the email. Also could you please share your experience with your exams, like where and how much it costs... etc? Thanks!

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi @cduanra, congrats! I am guessing you are the PA? Just wanted to clarify who gets the email. Also could you please share your experience with your exams, like where and how much it costs... etc? Thanks!
Yes I’m the PA. I didn’t yet do the exams. I will share my experience when it’s done. What I know the cost is about 250$.

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
AOR 27 September

The email will just say that you’ve got a new message in your mycic. When you login you’ll find the request letter in your inbox.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Yes I’m the PA. I didn’t yet do the exams. I will share my experience when it’s done. What I know the cost is about 250$.
Everyone should keep in mind that the cost of the medical varies based on where you do it. Mine cost $400 in Edmonton, for example.

The fee information should be available online, on the websites of the clinics one is interested in (make sure to use approved panel physicians, of course).

Reactions: cduanra

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
AOR 27 September

If your application is not linked with an online account I think they are gonna mail you the letter

Our Application was received Sept. 19th and Medical Request Received Nov. 27th. Status was updated online with new message containing information regarding medical. Going to get the doctor appointment and xray done by the end of the week. $200 for doctors fee (physical checkup + blood work); $60 for x-ray.

Still have been unable to link OWP, despite multiple attempts daily, following tips/guides from various forum threads.

Vhan18

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Hi guys I got medical done on 23 Nov .I send it to my consultant lawyer.any idea where to send medical reports .by paper mail or scanned by emal