06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hi barsarah
It seems i will be among few unfortunates. Got SA on 15th March No progress on Principal Applicant side.
I had a govt job back home. may be take time in background check.
I have a question to you .
I have a representative. Is it ok If I am writing an email to directly to CIC overlooking representative?
I did not use a rep so I am not sure what you can and cannot do without your representative but it is always worth the try and if CIC/IRCC refuses to accept your email then you can have it forwarded through your rep. What are you trying to tell or ask CIC/IRCC about?

basket90

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
I see a change in the writing on GCKey where I check my father's file status.

Before it said:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

As of today it says:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

I wonder if it just gets updated if you've hit the 6 month mark of they're actually going to start work on the file ... :rolleyes:
I suppose it just gets that wording because we hit the 6 month mark. Today morning, exactly 6 months since they received it, the same wording change happend for me. No ghost, update nothing so far. I wouldn't expect to here anything soon just because of this wording change...

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
I had the same "before it said" status but then after the ghost update, it was changed to the new one. Maybe your father had a "ghost" update but you didn't realize it?? I guess you could mark March 21 as the "ghost" update date for now as you might be hearing something real soon...
I'm 99.9% sure I didn't miss any ghost update. The amounts of time I log in to GCKey on a daily basis is like an obsession! Nevertheless, I do HOPE there is some progress and positive news around the corner!