September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Any one else still waiting ?
I am seeing Sept 28th getting DM.
Watsup with Sept 19 application.
Thought we will get something this week, but apparel not.
I need some light in this tunnel.

Reactions: barsarah

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Any one else still waiting ?
I am seeing Sept 28th getting DM.
Watsup with Sept 19 application.
Thought we will get something this week, but apparel not.
I need some light in this tunnel.
Every case is different, the straightforward cases which never had any complications or their background checks were pretty fast are getting accepted faster while complicated cases are taking longer, maybe they see your case a bit complicated since you applied right after your refugee claim was refused, that's a red flag to them
Any red flags in your case might cause delays (or it might not depending on the officer that's handling your case), all you can do is pray and hope for the best

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
  • Dear :

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
    Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
    Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Windsor IRCC will contact you to
    arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
    identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your
    appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
    made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
    confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or
    identity documents.

Passport / Travel Document
    You must bring your valid passport / travel document with you to your appointment at the
    Canada Immigration Centre.
    If your passport / travel document was seized by CBSA, it will be sent to the Canada
    Immigration Centre directly and will be returned to you at your appointment. Do not contact
    CBSA to retrieve it as it will not be released to you until your appointment at the Immigration,
    Refugees and Citizenship Canada office.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
    The Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 is required before you can
    become a permanent resident in Canada. The Confirmation of Permanent Residence document
    will not be issued to you until this payment is made. If you have not already made this payment,
    you must submit proof of this payment to this office as soon as possible via the Case Specific
    Enquiry form at the following link:
    https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

To pay this fee, please follow the instructions below:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/

• Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
    and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada

Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

1) You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit
    card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader
    software, and a printer.
    2) Go to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website at
    www.canada.ca.
    3) Select “My application” from the Home page and then “Pay your fees”.
    4) Select the type of application “Permanent Residence” from the drop-down menu.
    5) Select “Right of Permanent Residence Fee – not Express Entry”, and then “Get payment
    instructions”.
    6) Navigate to the How to pay your fees section and select “Pay my fees online”. Follow the
    instructions to the end of payment process.
    7) Once completed, you must print the IRCC official receipt and send it to this office via the
    Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-
    renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

When should I contact IRCC?

You must also notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

 Change in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this office and
    include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of all persons listed in your Application
    for Permanent Residence;
     Changes in the personal circumstances of the person you are sponsoring and his/her
    dependant(s), if any, including change in status in Canada, birth or adoption of a child,
    death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
     For changes in status in Canada: you must submit a written statement to this
    office and include evidence to indicate the status in Canada of the person you
    are sponsoring, and that of their dependant(s), if any.
     If you have a child, you must specify whether or not he/she is to be added to this
    application. If that child is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please
    provide a copy of their document which details his/her status in Canada (i.e.
    Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate,
    Canadian permanent resident card, etc.).
     Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
     Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual; and/or
     Decision to withdraw your application.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process, provided that a
    final decision has not been made on the Application for Permanent Residence (APR).

Contact Information

For information about Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) programs and
    services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit our web site at
    www.canada.ca.

To contact this office and for more information on what to expect next, please refer to the After
    You Apply webpage at www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/

• Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
    and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada

Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this
    correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit
    www.cic.gc.ca/english and select “Check your application status”.

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the IRCC website at
    www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume
    of inquiries submitted to IRCC offices, status updates on cases are not normally provided unless
    the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in the IRCC website.

What if my address changes?

You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address
    immediately. Please note that CPC Mississauga will not update contact information. Changes
    to your contact information should be made through our online service at
    www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp. Failure to provide a current or correct
    address may result in delays in the processing of your application.
    Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your
    application.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre Mississauga
Hello. Do they tell you afterwards that your sponsor must attend the interview?

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I can see some off you already happy
Should i worry with my aplication as i send them all documents !
Any complications in your case? Any red flags (for example: is the PA out of status? PA travelled a lot?, PA applied for PR before and got refused? Etc?...)

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
It's commonly known that sponsors should attend the landing interview with PA since CIC officers question both parties
Yes I found that out after reading further

And they ask to confirm details on a COPR they have for you? They ask if you've been arrested in the past though they have that through our paperwork! I guess dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

I cant find a clear answer on what the appointment is about. Quick?

basket90

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Every case is different, the straightforward cases which never had any complications or their background checks were pretty fast are getting accepted faster while complicated cases are taking longer, maybe they see your case a bit complicated since you applied right after your refugee claim was refused, that's a red flag to them
Any red flags in your case might cause delays (or it might not depending on the officer that's handling your case), all you can do is pray and hope for the best
Honestly I don't think it depends only on if you have an straight forward file or a complex one or a red flag, but also if the agent who's working on your file is a fast one or not, if the office is fast or not (apparently Montréal really slow, Vancouver rather busy and Winipeg super fast..)..

I'm Sept 24 applicant, still no news, not even a ghost update and I do not see any red flag in my file. I've lived the last 5 years with my common partner at the same adresse abroad, I was never out of status (visitor while application send, now OWP), I'm even working now. I'm from a non problematic country as well. My partner has a very good paid job, but that dosen't matter for Quebec applicants. My partner is canadian. We have no kids or dependant, no criminal records. I only lived in my home country, few travelling and mostly here to visit my partners family. I speak English and French fluent. The only thing that could slow down is that we are living in Québec, but I saw now some Québec applicants getting updates... So I really don't see where there could be a red flag that causes that my application isn't getting any updates... I have probably just a slow agent or a new one that needs more time or I'm in one of the slower proccessing centers who knows... I don't worry cause there are 6 more months to go before we hit the 12 month mark.. so relax

The ones who got already a letter from CIC (AIP, SA, DM or Landing) which one is your processing office (apparently it should be stated at the bottom of the page)?

Last edited:

rabidjess

Nov 30, 2018
Honestly I don't think it depends only on if you have an straight forward file or a complex one or a red flag, but also if the agent who's working on your file is a fast one or not, if the office is fast or not (apparently Montréal really slow, Vancouver rather busy and Winipeg super fast..)..

I'm Sept 24 applicant, still no news, not even a ghost update and I do not see any red flag in my file. I've lived the last 5 years with my common partner at the same adresse abroad, I was never out of status (visitor while application send, now OWP), I'm even working now. I'm from a non problematic country as well. My partner has a very good paid job, but that dosen't matter for Quebec applicants. My partner is canadian. We have no kids or dependant, no criminal records. I only lived in my home country, few travelling and mostly here to visit my partners family. I speak English and French fluent. The only thing that could slow down is that we are living in Québec, but I saw now some Québec applicants getting updates... So I really don't see where there could be a red flag that causes that my application isn't getting any updates... I have probably just a slow agent or a new one that needs more time or I'm in one of the slower proccessing centers who knows... I don't worry cause there are 6 more months to go before we hit the 12 month mark.. so relax

The ones who got already a letter from CIC (AIP, SA, DM or Landing) which one is your processing office (apparently it should be stated at the bottom of the page)?

I agree that it likely has to do with whether your application was transferred or not. My husbands eligibility letter came from Mississauga which suggests it never left there from the day it arrived in September. I believe you can call and ask where your application is being processed to get a better idea (if you can get through)

Reactions: barsarah and BR_ESL