Appln Recieved: Sep 20, 2018
AOR : Dec 7, 2018
Fingerprint Request: Jan 29, 2019
FP Done: Feb 6, 2019
Recieved Notice to appear for citizenship test : Oct 4, 2019
Citizenship Test Completed: Oct 26, 2019
Citizenship Interview Completed: Oct 26, 2019
Citizenship Status changed to DM: Oct 27, 2019

Awaiting for Oath Ceremony invitation. Was told in interview to expect in in 1 to 3 months.

Total time elapsed to date: 15 months.

Test was easy, and interview lasted 5mins, where they verified passport stamps, current address, current job.

ATIP notes arrived today, and FP was cleared long back in March, 2019. Perhaps a backlog in applications caused delay in sending test invite.

Hope this helped.

If any Oct26, 2019 test takers are here, let me know if you recieved oath invite.

Thanks

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I passed test 4 days ago at Mississauga location but my status is still showing in progress. Is there anyone who has similar situation. I am little worried.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
I passed test 4 days ago at Mississauga location but my status is still showing in progress. Is there anyone who has similar situation. I am little worried.
i passed my test since Feb 15 and is still in progress too. But of course , they requested more docs from me in the meantime.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
i passed my test since Feb 15 and is still in progress too. But of course , they requested more docs from me in the meantime.
Feb 15 thats more than 4 years but what was the issue and usually they call for test when every thing is done.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
omg .. *knock on wood* I passed this year it’ll be fine . It was Feb 15, 2019 . Not the year 2015
ohh sorry I realized it after posting the message. can you share what additional documents they asked usually all the steps are completed before test so not sure why they asked more documents.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
ohh sorry I realized it after posting the message. can you share what additional documents they asked usually all the steps are completed before test so not sure why they asked more documents.
they asked for FP and CIT0520 and CIT0519. They’re still working on residency. FP is clear

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Did they confirm you that BG check is cleared, reason for asking this is that they told before test all BG checks are completed.
I got my ATIPs notes . FP request was needed since the application was received in Nova Scotia. That’s what I saw in the notes. I don’t know how they determined if one needs FP or not. Probably because I don’t have a first name .

But they gave me a test in February 2019. And requested FP in July 2019. Then call Center agents confirmed me that they received the FP in September 2019 and criminal background is clear now . But residency still in progress some agents said .

However, before you take the oath, even if your status says “decision made” , they can always keep checking and checking . There were instances in this forum where the applicants were about to take oath . But just one day or a few days before, they got the calls from IRCC about oath being postponed because their background checks or sometimes residency check were still pending.

Dont worry too much. It will come when the time comes.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I got my ATIPs notes . FP request was needed since the application was received in Nova Scotia. That’s what I saw in the notes. I don’t know how they determined if one needs FP or not. Probably because I don’t have a first name .

But they gave me a test in February 2019. And requested FP in July 2019. Then call Center agents confirmed me that they received the FP in September 2019 and criminal background is clear now . But residency still in progress some agents said .

However, before you take the oath, even if your status says “decision made” , they can always keep checking and checking . There were instances in this forum where the applicants were about to take oath . But just one day or a few days before, they got the calls from IRCC about oath being postponed because their background checks or sometimes residency check were still pending.

ohh so you mean as you changed location so it took more time as file was in Nova Scotia and you moved to Montreal.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Admin, please update:

Oath Letter - Oct 07
Oath Ceremony - Oct 25
Status - Complete Oct 27

Thank you so much for all the help!
Updated - congrats!
Hi All,
Mississauga Applicant here.

Appln Sent: Aug 2, 2018
Appln Recieved: Sep 20, 2018
AOR : Dec 7, 2018
Fingerprint Request: Jan 29, 2019
FP Done: Feb 6, 2019
Recieved Notice to appear for citizenship test : Oct 4, 2019
Citizenship Test Completed: Oct 26, 2019
Citizenship Interview Completed: Oct 26, 2019
Citizenship Status changed to DM: Oct 27, 2019

Awaiting for Oath Ceremony invitation. Was told in interview to expect in in 1 to 3 months.

Total time elapsed to date: 15 months.

Test was easy, and interview lasted 5mins, where they verified passport stamps, current address, current job.

ATIP notes arrived today, and FP was cleared long back in March, 2019. Perhaps a backlog in applications caused delay in sending test invite.

Hope this helped.

If any Oct26, 2019 test takers are here, let me know if you recieved oath invite.

Thanks
I've added you to the sheet - congrats on the test.

Reactions: meanne

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014

All applications for citizenship go to Nova Scotia. It doesn’t mean that everyone lived in Nova Scotia.
Sorry for confusion. Just one last question . Have you ever told that your score is uploaded in system.As whenever I call I am told no update yet.