+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

frange

May 25, 2018
have you seen any other application transferred to PSU?[/QUOTE]

Yes there are, just make a research on this forum and will find some useful information about that.... You can launch a new thread/ Topic with that in order to have people's experience about PSU.

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
basically what this department does? do you know? and i am worried now

is this serious?

have you seen any other application transferred to PSU?
going to quote something from a thread:

"Applications are typically sent to the PS Unit when CPC officials need additional information from applicants or when the documents provided by the applicants need further verification. A referral to the PS Unit means the case is no longer a straightforward one and will in most situations lead to delays in processing. In such cases, a letter is usually sent out to the client indicating that the application will be delayed."

"Program Support Unit (PSU) is a special department at the case processing centre.The PSU is a component of CIC's internal review centre. Applications are typically sent to this unit when CIC needs additional information from applicants or if the documents provided by the applicant need further verification. You will only be contacted by this unit in the event that they need additional documentation or information from you.
It was also noted that if a file is transferred to the 'PSU' the average processing time does not apply. They, in fact, do not have a timeline for files that are transferred to this department.

Unfortunately, any specifics as to why a file has been transferred to the Program Support Unit will remain unknown until a decision is made on the file, which as noted before, can take an indefinite amount of time.

In other words you can say it is like getting a RQ (many times another RQ) but not completely external (i.e. send to you for response) but mostly internal (verifications) and some times both.

Certain citizenship applications are also referred to this unit. Unfortunately like RQ once thrown in there is no way to find where the end is. Wait is the only answer you ever get from all quarters."

Source : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/shaking-in-excitement.246864/

amansanghera83

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
what is this ?
  1. We sent you correspondence on January 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Test Invite Date?
No test
Even I don't know what is that just waiting for mail.

navi2235

Jul 17, 2015
Visa Office......
wvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-15
AOR Received.
28-11-15
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
13-05-15
Med's Done....
22-05-15
Interview........
None,Probably Waived
Passport Req..
DM 26-08-2015 PPR Eagerly Waiting
Dear ,
Pls advise did u get the FP request via email or mail. My ecas is showing
We sent you correspondence on Dec 28 , 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
But I didn't get any mail or email yet ? it is 10 days since this status but nothing has come yet.
Hi, I got it via Canada post, 3rd day delivery

navi2235

Jul 17, 2015
Visa Office......
wvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-15
AOR Received.
28-11-15
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
13-05-15
Med's Done....
22-05-15
Interview........
None,Probably Waived
Passport Req..
DM 26-08-2015 PPR Eagerly Waiting
Just now i received an email from IRCC regarding my application. it says this
The purpose of this letter is to advise you
that a preliminary review of your application
has been completed. Your file has now been
referred to our Program Support Unit for a
final review.
This review will result in an additional delay
in the processing of your application.
However, we will endeavour to finalize this
review as soon as possible.
You will be contacted if additional
information or documents are required to
complete your file.

does anybody else has received this kind of letter?.
When did you apply, I could not find you in September spreading sheet
Thanks

fishingcat

Dec 25, 2018
To complete my info:
App sent: Sept 17
App received: Sept 20
AOR: Pending....
Physical presence: 1119
single

Hope this update can bring me luck....

Last edited:

Wisper

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
We sent you correspondence on January 7, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Looks like fingerprint request to me.

Last edited:

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application