+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Eng.elect

Feb 20, 2015
Hi there,
I sent my application on September 10 and it has been received on Sept 13th, and I still didn’t get the AOR.
I know some of you have called CIC, can you give me the number?
I’m starting to wotry!

Thanks!
Hi,

I just called them and they were useless, they told you are not in the system yet. and told me you have nothing but to wait maybe your application will be returned to you soon.
1 888 242 2100

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
Hi,

So, according to the Canada Post tracker, my application was received on Sept 24, and I hadn't heard anything from IRCC about my application, so I contacted them using the web form asking about the status of my application.. Here's the response I got from them..

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application sent to the Case Processing Centre, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.

After confirming that your application was successfully delivered, in order to assist you further, please contact us again by using the IRCC Web formand include:

• The type of application,
  • The payment receipt (if applicable)
  • The date your application was mailed or received,
  • The complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where your application was sent,
  • The company used to mail the package, and
  • The tracking number
Upon reception of this information, we will be pleased to follow up on your request.

I am starting to get worried now because Canada Post has confirmed that it delivered my application to the CPC-Sydney on September 24 and it was signed for by M KRSWDA upon receipt.. I am not sure now whether they have just lost my application (I hope not!!) or that its just a way for the agent to tell me that my application is not in the system yet and I just need to wait for more time to hear back about my application.. Very confused and really worried!!

Anybody, I hope not, on a similar boat?

saad456

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
App. Filed.......
20-02-2015
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-06-2015
Med's Request
10-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-02-2016
LANDED..........
06-10-2016
Hi,

So, according to the Canada Post tracker, my application was received on Sept 24, and I hadn't heard anything from IRCC about my application, so I contacted them using the web form asking about the status of my application.. Here's the response I got from them..

We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application sent to the Case Processing Centre, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.

After confirming that your application was successfully delivered, in order to assist you further, please contact us again by using the IRCC Web formand include:

• The complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where your application was sent,
  • The tracking number
Upon reception of this information, we will be pleased to follow up on your request.

I am starting to get worried now because Canada Post has confirmed that it delivered my application to the CPC-Sydney on September 24 and it was signed for by M KRSWDA upon receipt.. I am not sure now whether they have just lost my application (I hope not!!) or that its just a way for the agent to tell me that my application is not in the system yet and I just need to wait for more time to hear back about my application.. Very confused and really worried!!

Please hold your horses. Look at the trend of other people.. alot of people have not received AORs.. it takes time, case to case. Just have a smoke snd take it easy! It will come

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi,

• The tracking number

The answer you have got is different than what I had gotten. I was told that it's not in the system yet and that they are working on the applications received before Sep. 10. In your case it seems that they were probably unable to confirm that they received it. You should provide all the information they have asked to get a better picture. However, some people had to wait for more than 3 months to get AOR. So may be don't panic just yet. From what I can see in the spreadsheet, there are still some people who have't received AOR or perhaps they haven't updated there status here.

rkurtur

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

• The tracking number

My application was also received by same User KRSWDA on sep 24th and I am also still waiting for AOR. Let’s wait and see for couple more weeks.

Can some one update my details.
Rkurtur
Application sent - sep 19th via fedex
Application received - sep 24th
My location - Brampton
Physical days - 1150

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
My application was also received by same User KRSWDA on sep 24th and I am also still waiting for AOR. Let’s wait and see for couple more weeks.

Can some one update my details.
Rkurtur
Application sent - sep 19th via fedex
Application received - sep 24th
My location - Brampton
Physical days - 1150
added

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
The answer you have got is different than what I had gotten. I was told that it's not in the system yet and that they are working on the applications received before Sep. 10. In your case it seems that they were probably unable to confirm that they received it. You should provide all the information they have asked to get a better picture. However, some people had to wait for more than 3 months to get AOR. So may be don't panic just yet. From what I can see in the spreadsheet, there are still some people who have't received AOR or perhaps they haven't updated there status here.
Yes, that's what I am hoping for.. I saw the response you got and that's what got me worried for my case.. I was under the impression that agents would have a template they follow to send responses... Having said that, I think that I have no other choice but to just wait for their response to confirm that they did receive my application.. I gave them all the information they have requested and I am now waiting for their response.. will keep it posted in this thread.

Thanks

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yes, that's what I am hoping for.. I saw the response you got and that's what got me worried for my case.. I was under the impression that agents would have a template they follow to send responses... Having said that, I think that I have no other choice but to just wait for their response to confirm that they did receive my application.. I gave them all the information they have requested and I am now waiting for their response.. will keep it posted in this thread.

Thanks
I had submitted another query after receiving AOR. I asked where my application will be processed. Following is their response.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

• The Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, has received your application package on Month date, year.
  • An acknowledgement letter was emailed to you,
    • if you have not received this letter, you can access our website to prepare for the citizenship test, if you are between 18 and 54 years of age.
  • Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed
  • The next step will be to transfer your file to the closest IRCC office. This office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.
  • We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

As you can see, they did not even bother to put in month and year. I believe my application will be processed in London office but still the agent chose to send me this whole information which was useless to me instead of giving me a straight answer. Still, there is a lot on their plate and they can only do so much with the resources provided to them. They might be a little lazy but eventually they'll get to everybody.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
14-02-2012 (Peace Bridge)
Please update me on the sheet.

Update:
AOR: December 13, 2018

Just received it 10 mins ago in my email. I had applied for my daughter as well. Her AOR was also received right after mine.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15

leo.THOMAS

Dec 10, 2018
Hi guys,
I also sent my application to them and it was delivered to CIC on Sep 11. So i watched this trend closely and also my cousin applied and his application was delivered Sept 24th and he got AOR. I submitted for myself and wife and nether of us have AOR yet. I called CIC call center and the lady was really nice to me. She checked and told me they received my application by Using Canada Post tracking number, however they did not have it in there system yet which means AOR has not been activated. She told me it might have been returned back to me however she was going to ask for details about my application. So i hope they are able to get to the bottom of this. I asked her what happens to files when an agent goes on vacation. But she could not give me a definite answer. So seeing you guys on here makes me rest assured that something is wrong. It could either be with CIC or Canada post. Plus i live in BC.
i totally agree with you,I think our application is either returning or its somewhere assigned to some agents and waiting to be reviewed, lets wait few more weeks and see (if our application is returned then they have a record of that so i think its still waiting to be reviewed by an agent and who need of a coffee or a wake up call)