+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
my AOR came on 3rd December and ecas is still showing status as application received. Can some one suggest how long it takes to update ecas as in process for brampton location.

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
yes am, application send September 5th and received by September 10, 2018, haven't heard anything back so contacted through the web form and got the weirdest reply

"We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is not available in the system yet.

If it was received after September 17, 2018, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before that date
." (they even can't confirm whether they received my application or not, i don't trust Canada post anymore )
Hi guys,
I also sent my application to them and it was delivered to CIC on Sep 11. So i watched this trend closely and also my cousin applied and his application was delivered Sept 24th and he got AOR. I submitted for myself and wife and nether of us have AOR yet. I called CIC call center and the lady was really nice to me. She checked and told me they received my application by Using Canada Post tracking number, however they did not have it in there system yet which means AOR has not been activated. She told me it might have been returned back to me however she was going to ask for details about my application. So i hope they are able to get to the bottom of this. I asked her what happens to files when an agent goes on vacation. But she could not give me a definite answer. So seeing you guys on here makes me rest assured that something is wrong. It could either be with CIC or Canada post. Plus i live in BC.

Reactions: leo.THOMAS

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
my AOR came on 3rd December and ecas is still showing status as application received. Can some one suggest how long it takes to update ecas as in process for brampton location.
You can check the spreadsheet for Brampton location. I think it's normal for Brampton to take time between the AOR and In Process. Anyhow, it will be 4 to 6 months before you hear anything. So chill.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
Hi,

My Citizenship application was received on Sept 24 as per Canada Post website, but I haven't heard from IRCC about my application as yet. Looking at the timelines in the spreadsheet and some of the earlier posts, I am a little worried as AOR's have started to come for applications received towards the end of September/early October now... Should I be concerned already?? Should I contact CIC just as yet or I can wait for some more time before I contact them.

Please suggest!!

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hi,

My Citizenship application was received on Sept 24 as per Canada Post website, but I haven't heard from IRCC about my application as yet. Looking at the timelines in the spreadsheet and some of the earlier posts, I am a little worried as AOR's have started to come for applications received towards the end of September/early October now... Should I be concerned already?? Should I contact CIC just as yet or I can wait for some more time before I contact them.

Please suggest!!
looks like sep 24 app received person got his AOR yesterday as per the spreadsheet. Guess you are still on track. Hope to get it soon. Nothing to worry i believe

ID
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent
App. Delivered

Post these details if you want to get it added on the sep 2018 spreadsheet

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
Hi,

Please suggest!!
My application was received on September 21, and I haven't got AOR yet -- kind of in the same boat and starting to get a bit concerned. I called CIC this afternoon and spoke to a very nice agent. She said that they are currently opening applications received on September 17, and that she checked in the system and there is no record of my application being opened. She also mentioned that when an application is returned due to missing documents/incomplete, they usually can see a record in their system that the application was opened and returned.

I mean, I know that there is still a chance that my application is being returned and is currently on it way back to me, but I want to believe that the delay on getting the AOR (by delay, I mean, in comparison to everyone else in the spreadsheet) is just because they haven't opened it yet :)

Regarding the 'we are currently opening applications received on September 17', we all know that several applicants that submitted their applications after Sep 17 have already got AOR, my interpretation of that is that there are still applications received on September 17 that have not been opened -- I imagine this pile of applications sorted by date of receival, and as those piles get cleared, they updated their 'we are currently opening applications received on.....'

I don't know much of what to think, I guess no one really knows how it all works in the IRCC, but keep the hopes up :) and feel free to give CIC a call, they might be able to find you some good news in their system.

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
Hi guys,
I also sent my application to them and it was delivered to CIC on Sep 11. So i watched this trend closely and also my cousin applied and his application was delivered Sept 24th and he got AOR. I submitted for myself and wife and nether of us have AOR yet. I called CIC call center and the lady was really nice to me. She checked and told me they received my application by Using Canada Post tracking number, however they did not have it in there system yet which means AOR has not been activated. She told me it might have been returned back to me however she was going to ask for details about my application. So i hope they are able to get to the bottom of this. I asked her what happens to files when an agent goes on vacation. But she could not give me a definite answer. So seeing you guys on here makes me rest assured that something is wrong. It could either be with CIC or Canada post. Plus i live in BC.
Hi,
My application was received on Sept 13th and haven't head anything as yet. I also check the Canada post tracker and it was delivered. I will wait after the holidays b4 i give them a call. Looks like some Sept 11th and 13th applicants haven't received their AOR as yet. So I'm staying optimistic and say I will get the AOR soon.... at least by next week.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
My application was received on September 21, and I haven't got AOR yet -- kind of in the same boat and starting to get a bit concerned. I called CIC this afternoon and spoke to a very nice agent. She said that they are currently opening applications received on September 17, and that she checked in the system and there is no record of my application being opened. She also mentioned that when an application is returned due to missing documents/incomplete, they usually can see a record in their system that the application was opened and returned.

I mean, I know that there is still a chance that my application is being returned and is currently on it way back to me, but I want to believe that the delay on getting the AOR (by delay, I mean, in comparison to everyone else in the spreadsheet) is just because they haven't opened it yet :)

Regarding the 'we are currently opening applications received on September 17', we all know that several applicants that submitted their applications after Sep 17 have already got AOR, my interpretation of that is that there are still applications received on September 17 that have not been opened -- I imagine this pile of applications sorted by date of receival, and as those piles get cleared, they updated their 'we are currently opening applications received on.....'

I don't know much of what to think, I guess no one really knows how it all works in the IRCC, but keep the hopes up :) and feel free to give CIC a call, they might be able to find you some good news in their system.

I believe that they assign applications to officers as they come in. Which means some officer may be working on Sep 17 applications while some other is working on Oct 1st applications. It may depend how they distribute the workload. Anyhow, stay positive folks.

jaiarora2k

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-01-2014