+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

takoyakizoe

Aug 19, 2018
Hi all

this is the first time i post something on this forum.

AOR SEP-12
then started the long waiting process
early feb ghost update
then no other update

I called CIC on March 8th, was informed my application was approved back on Feb 19th, but I never received any email. Then the agent was kind enough to double check my email address on file, then they realized that they had my email on file wrong (DONT KNOW HOW THEY MADE THE MISTAKE, my email is correct at my end as when I log on it shows the right email, but they have the wrong email at their end ...)
Long story short, March 8th the agent requested to get a PPR email resent to my alternative email they have on file, but nothing received after...

I guess my question is: has anyone had this kind of issue before? and if so, how long does it take them to resend us an email

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!! My work permit is expiring on May 15th, I need to get everything done before that time:(

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi all

this is the first time i post something on this forum.

AOR SEP-12
then started the long waiting process
early feb ghost update
then no other update

I called CIC on March 8th, was informed my application was approved back on Feb 19th, but I never received any email. Then the agent was kind enough to double check my email address on file, then they realized that they had my email on file wrong (DONT KNOW HOW THEY MADE THE MISTAKE, my email is correct at my end as when I log on it shows the right email, but they have the wrong email at their end ...)
Long story short, March 8th the agent requested to get a PPR email resent to my alternative email they have on file, but nothing received after...

I guess my question is: has anyone had this kind of issue before? and if so, how long does it take them to resend us an email

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!! My work permit is expiring on May 15th, I need to get everything done before that time:(
Raise a CSE informing them about the mistake and the fact that you have called and was told they would be sending it again. A friend of mine had a similar issue but he kept sending them CSE until they resent the PPR.

Mar 21, 2019
I would call IRCC and ask them, or you can send both passports with LOE...
If you do call them , can you pls let me know what they said?
I have my appointment for new passport on March 27 and it will take a month before I receive it. Would be good to know what to do if I get PPR while waiting for new passport.
I called them. They suggested me to send a copy of the old passport and the new one with a letter of explanation, if i can get a new passport and be able to send it to them within 30 days limit.

Mar 21, 2019
Mar 21, 2019
Are you sure it is still 6 months?
I have seen people saying that on the more recent PPR mails, they have asked for the passport to be valid for atleast 12 months and now people are hurrying to get their passports renewed.
Can people who got PPR mails recently confirm if the mail says 12 months or 6 months' validity?
Not sure about others but below is the line from email:
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
I called them. They suggested me to send a copy of the old passport and the new one with a letter of explanation, if i can get a new passport and be able to send it to them within 30 days limit.
Thanks for the update.
So they said you have to send it within 30 days with the old one, but what if you don't get it in 30 days? Would they extend the deadline? Cause they wouldn't put it in the old one, and I don't think they'll reject the application because of it :)

Last edited:

DKI

Nov 1, 2017
Just received the "Ready for Visa" email.

AOR - Sep 11
Meds passed - OCt 5
IP2 - Nov 25
Ghost update - May be March 19th (I checked only on March 20th)
Ready for Visa - March 22 (08:48 AM IST)

FSW-O India

Thank you all and wishing you all the luck to get ppr asap. God bless!!!

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Finally PPR guys!
AOR: 11th Sept, MEP:5th Oct, Eligibility Passed : 19th Nov (Per GCMS) , BGC Passed : 5Th March (Ghost update and called CIC), 6 Months Cut Off : 11th March, called CIC : 20th March, Agent sent a note to CPC, CPC replied on the same day that application has been finalized. PPR : 21st March

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Dont worry .. we are going through some special security screening :/ im AOR 3rd sept and agent told me the same thing .. he said we can not tell when will security screening finish .. its the last step and all other things have been cleared .. he said it can be finished in days or even months .. gcms notes will give u a clear pic when did security start ..

Saviarissa

Feb 6, 2019
Hello all.
Finally received the golden email this morning

FSW-O - India
AOR - Sep 19
Med Pass - Oct 13
Moved into IP2 yesterday
PPR - March 21/ 22

Processing office - Ottawa

Never ordered GCMS notes or raised CSE

Best of luck for all applications and thank you for your support

Sandy@1

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
@Archavin89 and other seniors:- need your help in understanding this.----

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum. My question is how long it will take to complete as i ahve already passed 6 months and im in IP2 since Dec. Please help me understand this.

One more thing i want to know that still it could be the eligibility review required? if yes than is there any possibility that my applicationwould be cleared by April month. or shall i need to wait more n more.BTW i have also ordered GCMS. Appreciate your views on this.

Rose_nag

Jan 22, 2019
I just saw the famous “Ghost Update” on my account about 20 minutes ago when I logged into my account! ☺ Was going through the messages on this forum, depressed as always, reading how everyone, slowly and steatidy, are getting their accounts updated. Just then, i casually logged into my acc. and couldn’t believe my eyes! It said “Application/Profile update”. Checked futher and found out that I am now officially in IP2! They have started my Background check! Yayieee
Aor - 18 Sept.
Medicals passed - 18 October.
Not even a single update ever since. Crossed 6 month mark on 18th March!