+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Guys the recent ghost update that we received is only about criminality passed unfortunately.
Do u have any idea about the usual steps after that....do they straight start/finalize eligibility as well? What about Security? How long does it usually takes for them to start after criminality passed?

Reactions: kori_27

Maxgord

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Called CIC last week.

Agent said I've passed through criminality and security was not started. VO is Ottawa.
When I questioned about my NOC (as I've shared here before), she answered "You have passed your eligibility, sir".

So I'm thinking stuff's ok and everything else from now on are just formalities.
Hi! I'm glad your NOC was fine as we thought

Reactions: engineer_to_canada

ca-na-da

Dec 13, 2018
My AOR is Sept 18. I called CIC and the agent told me that that eligibility is met but the background check hasn't started yet. I know January 18th is the 4th month but I see the September applications moving, but they are moving dead slow for some reason.

Nov 23, 2014
Hello All,

My AOR date was on September 9th and I'm a cec applicant. Till date I only see MED passed, ELIGIBILITY and BG in progress from OCT 4th. No updates after this date.
I submitted ATIP request on Nov 30th but no updates received on this as well. Today I sent a followup email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

Please advise how to get or know actual status? Whenever I call CIC customer service they only read out the status that is listed in my online application.
Hello All,
I called CIC today and here is the status they confirmed.

Eligibility - Recommend passed
MEDS - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - Yet to start

Could you please let me know
1) What will be the approx. time it will take from this stage in getting PPR?
2) Is this Security verification is part of Background checks, how long does it take and what sort of actions they take (this helps to assess how long this activity takes).

Thank you very much.

Seema Khan

Sep 14, 2018
Congratulation !!! Mine timeline is similar to yours and I guess we recieved ghost update on same day. Can you please provide me with the email template you sent to NDVO. I am US resident currently in India.
Can you please share the email template?

Seema Khan

Sep 14, 2018
Congratulation !!! Mine timeline is similar to yours and I guess we recieved ghost update on same day. Can you please provide me with the email template you sent to NDVO. I am US resident currently in India.
Can you please share the email template?

Ismaili-Berber

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
Do u have any idea about the usual steps after that....do they straight start/finalize eligibility as well? What about Security? How long does it usually takes for them to start after criminality passed?
I think it's eligiblity then security at the end but i can be wrong.
In my case eligiblity will just be started, some have recommend pass some already passed.

People waiting for the ghost update, just wait the update will be this month, everybody will clear criminality this month i think ;)

Reactions: Archavin89

rahulsingh16

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
US residents send passports to Ottawa, however I think you will need to request a change of location for passport transmission from New Delhi to Ottawa.

Congratulations!
whom we will have to request for change NDVO or Ottawa......my file is also approved ...USA resident Indian citizen....not sure if i should request NDVO for passport email.......

Reactions: batra38383

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Same here 56 days left no progress yet
No recent ghost updates or anything! I raised a CSE on Monday and received a reply yesterday. VO- Ottawa, which is the same i was told in early November.

And the rest is:
"The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications and have not been initiated for security and criminality yet. The medical examination results on file are valid."

So background, security and criminality not started. Does it mean eligibility is alright?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
It's really hard not be to jealous of outland applicants when you see them post on the progress of their applications and you as a CEC Inland applicant, you are left in limbo since October- not even 'Casper' has worked on the file

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
It's really hard not be to jealous of outland applicants when you see them post on the progress of their applications and you as a CEC Inland applicant, you are left in limbo since October- not even 'Casper' has worked on the file
I am outland and it seems nobody is working on my file. Dust and snow is accumulating on it. Soon Spring will be here and the snow will melt, the documents will get wet..the ink will fade..maple leaves will pile on the file alas! What a tradegy!