September 2018 AOR - join here

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
I love how everyone calls and emails incessantly. There are thousands of people, sometimes I think that all they are doing is answering people's questions. It would be nice if they implemented a system where your application would be pushed by a week everytime you call them before 6 months.
LOL.:D:D:D They wouldn't have a "CALL CENTER" if they wanted to do that. That is precisely their job, to answer calls. The people who answer calls, don't work on our application. And case analyst and officers don't answer calls.

Reactions: arte

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
LOL.:D:D:D They wouldn't have a "CALL CENTER" if they wanted to do that. That is precisely their job, to answer calls. The people who answer calls, don't work on our application. And case analyst and officers don't answer calls.

Exactly! That's why they aren't able to provide in-depth information all the time

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Exactly! That's why they aren't able to provide in-depth information all the time
I don't know what you are talking about!!! I always got accurate information, never had to order GCMS notes. Not once did an agent contradict anything said by another agent previously. They see the exact same things you would see in GCMS notes and their copy isn't 40 days old like the one we would receive.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
I don't know what you are talking about!!! I always got accurate information, never had to order GCMS notes. Not once did an agent contradict anything said by another agent previously. They see the exact same things you would see in GCMS notes and their copy isn't 40 days old like the one we would receive.

Then you are one of the lucky callers. Take a look at the threads and you will see where some people have been told contradictory or confusing updates. For instance, someone was told Eligibility recommended as pass, then a month later or so they call and were told 'eligibility not started'

Reactions: Bandit Queen

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Then you are one of the lucky callers. Take a look at the threads and you will see where someone was told Eligibility recommended as pass, then a month later they call and are told 'eligibility not started'
Ha ha, I actually happened to read a very detailed reply to that eligibility confusion post. Check the reply given by some senior member on that thread. I think it's a July or August very recent post. EDIT: I couldn't find that post, maybe there are more comments after it.. was planning on sharing the link. Also, why would the agents lie? What incentive to they have to give wrong information? I wouldn't trust everything that is said here. We have to be very careful, remember the POF fell short and application refused controversy? Also, a lot of people give advice that is just wrong. I read in July thread someone told an inland guy that he needed to send his passport to India to get it stamped and then he can do flagpoling when he gets it back. How accurate is that????? Don't trust everything that is posted here, including what I say :p

Last edited:
Reactions: bruno5000

Blazing27

Nov 3, 2018
Then you are one of the lucky callers. Take a look at the threads and you will see where some people have been told contradictory or confusing updates. For instance, someone was told Eligibility recommended as pass, then a month later or so they call and were told 'eligibility not started'
I agree with you. I believe they are sometimes limited in what they see on the application.

Once, a call agent told me that security was in progress, several weeks later, I was told by another agent that security has not started.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Ha ha, I actually happened to read a very detailed reply to that eligibility confusion post. Check the reply given by some senior member on that thread. I think it's a July or August very recent post. EDIT: I couldn't find that post, maybe there are more comments after it.. was planning on sharing the link. Also, why would the agents lie? What incentive to they have to give wrong information? I wouldn't trust everything that is said here. We have to be very careful, remember the POF fell short and application refused controversy? Also, a lot of people give advice that is just wrong. I read in July thread someone told an inland guy that he needed to send his passport to India to get it stamped and then he can do flagpoling when he gets it back. How accurate is that????? Don't trust everything that is posted here, including what I say :p
The reason of such conflicting information isn't in the information itself but whether the file has been relocated to another visa office, thet is, at one point it's recommended passed by the CPA, then the file is moved to another visa office where the officer will confirm that, that move in itself results in the status value change "old value=Recommended passed" to "New value=Not started". Call agents see the current status, not the historical one.

Nishita.Kulkarni

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Nagpur!
Category........
FSW
Can someone help with the CIC helpline number and what digits I need to dial if I’m calling from India. Thanks!
Yesterday I managed to speak with an agent and was told my criminality check was in progress!
I managed this feat after calling CIC for past full week at different times and numbers and methods.

How you ask?
1. Install Hangout Dialer (yes, its free! no need for paying a paisa!) plus you need a cup of coffee!
2. Pick a good time of the night. I managed to get a call through at 10.30 PM Indian Std. Time (12 noon in Ottawa)
3. I dialed +1 613-944-4000. (Yes, with that small '+')
4. I followed the instruction as it is. The options are pretty logical.
5. First I took all the options till the automated voice read out my current status which is already visible in my status page.
6. After this got over, they asked if I want to speak with an agent! '... please press zero, if you want to talk to our agent...'
7. YES!
8. They told me a few times that the volume of calls was huge.
9. Repeated steps 3 to 8 till I was put in a queue!
10. Sipped on the coffee because I was in good 38 min long queue! with some airplane like music playing. This is why you have coffee!
11. Viola! A human voice (with French accent though) very kindly asked me my Reg num, Client num, DOB and last name.
12. Fell asleep, even after drinking coffee, with peace of mind and smile on my face!!

Reactions: williamps and Inabt

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
I agree with you. I believe they are sometimes limited in what they see on the application.

Once, a call agent told me that security was in progress, several weeks later, I was told by another agent that security has not started.
Hi, how/what do you ask when you are connect to an agent? and the agent just said that you are approved??

I want to call IRCC again (last call was mid december she told me eligibility: in progress (but in gcms note issued 1month ago said recommend pass, so i guess she said as in progress as it's only recommend pass), criminality: passed, security: not started)

also, what are you going to do now? going to wait till get ppr? or send email to somewhere?

Blazing27

Nov 3, 2018
Hi, how/what do you ask when you are connect to an agent? and the agent just said that you are approved??

I want to call IRCC again (last call was mid december she told me eligibility: in progress (but in gcms note issued 1month ago said recommend pass, so i guess she said as in progress as it's only recommend pass), criminality: passed, security: not started)

also, what are you going to do now? going to wait till get ppr? or send email to somewhere?
I usually just tell them that I’d like to know the status of my application. Sometimes I also specifically ask if security check has been done.

Although when I called today, I mentioned to the agent that I got 2 ghost updates in December and would like to know if there was any significant updates.

Reactions: ain88

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
I usually just tell them that I’d like to know the status of my application. Sometimes I also specifically ask if security check has been done.

Although when I called today, I mentioned to the agent that I got 2 ghost updates in December and would like to know if there was any significant updates.
Okay i get better idea now, gonna try calling on my day off hope to get a nice agent to tell me my application is approved as well :D

congratuations! any plan now?

Blazing27

Nov 3, 2018
Okay i get better idea now, gonna try calling on my day off hope to get a nice agent to tell me my application is approved as well :D

congratuations! any plan now?
Thank you. I hope yours is approved as well.
No plans yet, I’ll watch them for a while, but if from their body language I see that they would not send PPR soon, then I’ll send that email to NDVO.

Reactions: HFL2018