+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Good morning all,
Just an FYI that may or may not calm the nerves a bit: I just spoke with an agent at IRCC who told me they are currently working on applications from August 31st. I know that someone on here has already received AOR but it might help to have an idea that generally, they haven't started on September applications just yet. Cheers

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA
Good morning all,
Just an FYI that may or may not calm the nerves a bit: I just spoke with an agent at IRCC who told me they are currently working on applications from August 31st. I know that someone on here has already received AOR but it might help to have an idea that generally, they haven't started on September applications just yet. Cheers
Is there a way to call IRCC and get such information?

Also can we call them and ask them about filing information in forms? or they just tell you general stuff?

Uzma.Siayed7

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have sent my application and it was received on Sep 6. I called them on Friday, the agent has given me a temporary File no. such as XF000123456
Does anyone have any idea, how long would it take for them to send me the actual file no. in my email?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have sent my application and it was received on Sep 6. I called them on Friday, the agent has given me a temporary File no. such as XF000123456
Does anyone have any idea, how long would it take for them to send me the actual file no. in my email?
Up to 8 weeks

Uzma.Siayed7

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Up to 8 weeks
It takes upto 8 weeks to get the file no. counting from the day our application was received. But they have already assigned me a file no. The agent told me, that your file no in your email would be the same that she gave me, except they will remove X from it, as X stands for temporary.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
It takes upto 8 weeks to get the file no. counting from the day our application was received. But they have already assigned me a file no. The agent told me, that your file no in your email would be the same that she gave me, except they will remove X from it, as X stands for temporary.
I don't really get what your point is. Yes, they gave you a temp file number but it will take anywhere from 2-8 weeks before you get acknowledgment of receipt. A temp file number is not AOR...up to 8 weeks is a timeline i was referring to in terms of getting AOR

Reactions: linnykez

inamulhaq

May 10, 2012
Anyone whose application was delivered on September 15 and got AOR.
My app was returned first time bcz I forgot to write address in one box on form imm5406. Hopefully not the case this time

torontian

Apr 3, 2017
GTA
My app was returned first time bcz I forgot to write address in one box on form imm5406. Hopefully not the case this time
Hi. Did you write the native language in name box the first time?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You probably have about two more weeks to wait for AOR, they're just wrapping up August AORs now and starting September.

cometome14

Sep 29, 2017
we submitted application on 28th September physically to MISSISSAUGA office in the drop box.So which date we need to consider as received?Bcs there is no update since that day.no recipt nothing.

HockeyNightInCanada

Oct 15, 2017
Oxfordshire, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
31-10-2017
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Great news! Congrats. Is she the Sponsor or PA? My dates match yours but still waiting.