+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Ready1Set2Go3

Sep 22, 2017
Hi all .I was a September Common Law Outland applicant but got our package returned .Got it back the beginning of December.
IMM 0008 form was highlighted among other things .Just trying to work out what the problems may have been ,so hoping someone can answer some of my queries just to clarify before we post . Do not want to go through this a second time :(

In the Dependants details section ,do i add my children even though they are 20 and 22 and both live with partners (common law) or do i leave them off it completely and just add them to the additional family form IMM 5406 ?
Someone from the August forum suggested i write a letter as to why they are not mentioned in dependants which i think i will do .Just wondering what anyone else thinks ..
Education/occupation details -.Do i put my intended occupation or is that just for inland ..

In IMM 5406 is it correct that i put my Partners name down in the spouse or common law partner box .He is my sponsor..Lives in Canada .
Also ,Iff you do not have all the email addresses would it be appropriate to put unknown there ..

As it has been a few months since initially making up the package we have basically had to redo most as forms were updated whilst they were in the queue .but IMM 5532 wasn't updated.
Would it be alright to resend it in along with the newer ones ,or will it cause confusion with it having different dates of signing on ? Hope that makes sense

Thank you kindly .

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi all .I was a September Common Law Outland applicant but got our package returned .Got it back the beginning of December.
IMM 0008 form was highlighted among other things .Just trying to work out what the problems may have been ,so hoping someone can answer some of my queries just to clarify before we post . Do not want to go through this a second time :(

In the Dependants details section ,do i add my children even though they are 20 and 22 and both live with partners (common law) or do i leave them off it completely and just add them to the additional family form IMM 5406 ?
Someone from the August forum suggested i write a letter as to why they are not mentioned in dependants which i think i will do .Just wondering what anyone else thinks ..
Education/occupation details -.Do i put my intended occupation or is that just for inland ..

In IMM 5406 is it correct that i put my Partners name down in the spouse or common law partner box .He is my sponsor..Lives in Canada .
Also ,Iff you do not have all the email addresses would it be appropriate to put unknown there ..

As it has been a few months since initially making up the package we have basically had to redo most as forms were updated whilst they were in the queue .but IMM 5532 wasn't updated.
Would it be alright to resend it in along with the newer ones ,or will it cause confusion with it having different dates of signing on ? Hope that makes sense

Thank you kindly .
It was me answered you question in the other thread. I am a Sep. Applicant. And be more clear to your question, any children that is older than 21 yrs old or in common law/married, they are disqualified as dependent, and shall not be listed on your application as such. But since it doesn't provide you a space on IMM0008 form, without approperiate explanation, CIC thought you forget to list your younger child as dependent, so they returned your application as incomplete. You need to attach an explanation letter to tell CIC that your younger child is also in common law, thus you don't list him as dependent.
And you get it right to list both of your children and your sponsor on IMM5406, if the email isn't applicable, write "N/A" in that space.

As for the intend occupation, you can write whatever legal occupation you want to do, it doesnt matter to CIC, because once you are a PR, you can do whatever you want, not necessary the occupation you listed on your application.

And yes, you need to redo the IMM5532, and sign it with the current date with other forms.

Last edited:

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Hi guys,

Today my BCG went in process, I recived DM and PPR. My journey ends here. Good luck to everyone!:)
Hey Diana! Congratulations!
Which VO are you? I can't get into the spreadsheet but have a feeling we are both Mexico? I might be wrong. I've had BGC IP since December, even before medical request. Now we are working on getting the medical and hopefully there will be some movement after that!
Enjoy the feeling of being done :)

Ready1Set2Go3

Sep 22, 2017
It was me answered you question in the other thread. I am a Sep. Applicant. And be more clear to your question, any children that is older than 21 yrs old or in common law/married, they are disqualified as dependent, and shall not be listed on your application as such. But since it doesn't provide you a space on IMM0008 form, without approperiate explanation, CIC thought you forget to list your younger child as dependent, so they returned your application as incomplete. You need to attach an explanation letter to tell CIC that your younger child is also in common law, thus you don't list him as dependent.
And you get it right to list both of your children and your sponsor on IMM5406, if the email isn't applicable, write "N/A" in that space.

As for the intend occupation, you can write whatever legal occupation you want to do, it doesnt matter to CIC, because once you are a PR, you can do whatever you want, not necessary the occupation you listed on your application.

And yes, you need to redo the IMM5532, and sign it with the current date with other forms.
Thanks for the reply .
My worry is that they will not see the letter ,after uploading the bar codes .I will just hope that they do

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for the reply .
My worry is that they will not see the letter ,after uploading the bar codes .I will just hope that they do
Well, they will go through all the docs that you submitted. Especially if they find something that they need supporting evidence(s), they will take time to dive into your supporting docs and try to find it.