Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
Hey guys reading june applicants and seems a few peeps have got passport request (getting PR) 4 monthS!!! fingers crossed ours get done within this time frame or earlier!!

harry30590

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-11-2017
guys, I have not written names in native language on form IMM5406- Additional family info. I only wrote in English.

Now I am 22nd Sep 2017 applicant and have no file number.

I wanted to send the form again but I thought what if CPC-M dont understand what to do with it.

Also. Should I send it? I dont want my app returned. I hope they ask to resubmit this form if they think any issue.
you don't need to write name in the native language. there is no space or option to write name in native language in IMM 5406, additional family information form.

Otilia3107

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hi everyone. I am a Permanent Resident and I applied for my husband's outland sponsorship (he lives in Cuba). I send the application to Immigration office in Mississauga by courier and someone from Immigration signed that was received on September 5th.
Do you know how long will take for them to respond and let us know if the application has been accepted for processing?
Also how do they contact us? When we file I didn't put an email address for my husband as he didn't had one at the time. However I made an email address for him when I got back to Canada and attached a paper to the forms explaining them that we only made the email address after he fill in and signed the papers. Do you think that will be a problem?
I am also almost 6 months pregnant with no family here and I explained to the immigration ( I attached a letter) that I'm hoping my husband will be here for the birth of our baby. Is it possible for them to speed up the process or is there any way I can have him come here earlier?

IrinaS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Has anyone tried to use this service? https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

It's an online status checker and only works if your application has started being processing but some early september people might show up!
I check this daily, as I have a client number (UCI) from when I had my Canadian Citizenship Certificate name change application processed, a few months ago. I am the sponsor, by the way.
But even then, I received the email form CIC before the status was updated in this page, so I think the email will come earlier, even now.
Will post if something changes.

trev854

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hi everyone. I am a Permanent Resident and I applied for my husband's outland sponsorship (he lives in Cuba). I send the application to Immigration office in Mississauga by courier and someone from Immigration signed that was received on September 5th.
Do you know how long will take for them to respond and let us know if the application has been accepted for processing?
Also how do they contact us? When we file I didn't put an email address for my husband as he didn't had one at the time. However I made an email address for him when I got back to Canada and attached a paper to the forms explaining them that we only made the email address after he fill in and signed the papers. Do you think that will be a problem?
I am also almost 6 months pregnant with no family here and I explained to the immigration ( I attached a letter) that I'm hoping my husband will be here for the birth of our baby. Is it possible for them to speed up the process or is there any way I can have him come here earlier?
Acknowledgement of receipt (ARO1) has not been issued for any September applicants as yet, most likely will get a reply by the end of next week for Sept 5th. There is a possibility they will use your husband or your email and you can link your account online and all communications will be done from there onward. I am not sure about the processing time, if you get a good sentimental processing officer there is a possibility he may be here in time for the birth.

Christine M

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi I've sent my application on October 3 and it was received in CIC mailroom on October 4. Is there any October thread yet? I am really hoping that we will be approve. Praying hard for it

harry30590

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-11-2017
they probably won't return your application because of this, but they might ask you to resubmit the form again or do nothing about it. don't worry about it.
i have submitted same form in my permanent resident application and did not write any names in native language. they did not ask me to re submit it. I got my PR in May 2016 and the IMM 5406 was still same at that time. Now i have submitted my wife's application and still did not write names in native language. it should be fine.

harry30590

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
09-11-2017
you can apply for his visitor visa as you have strong reason to have him with you. there should not be a problem in getting a visitor Visa for your husband. He will be able to stay with you for 6 month and in the mean time his permanent application process will be done. He will not need to go back.