+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
I don't know I was non routine or not . they didn't ask me any extra information. Just in the first couple of month ask me for fingerprints . After that they invited me to the test .and now I almost waiting 7 months after test to inviting me to the ceremony.
Maybe wait for their reply first. Based on other posts, it seems once you’ve past 12 months they start to take it very seriously and try to get it done ASAP. I still have 1.5 months to go.

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
September 27 is the date of application, though the correspondence we received indicated that her application would be processed under the new rules. And yes, we're in Montreal. Her application was normal other than receiving the quality assurance questionnaire (which promises that processing won't take any longer...). But the citizenship officer at the exam told her that her application was complete and she should expect the oath invite in 2 months or so.
That’s weird, but I think the good news is now your wife is simply waiting in queue for oath (all checks are done and cleared). So in 2 weeks you can webform and I think oath ceremony will be scheduled pretty fast. Please keep us posted once she has new progress.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
That’s weird, but I think the good news is now your wife is simply waiting in queue for oath (all checks are done and cleared). So in 2 weeks you can webform and I think oath ceremony will be scheduled pretty fast. Please keep us posted once she has new progress.
Today she received the following response to the webform:

"Your application is presently at the IRCC office in Montreal Quebec. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship.

"Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.

"The next step will be to invite you to attend he citizenship ceremony. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary."

This, of course, conflicts with what the Citizenship Officer told her at the exam: that her file was complete and the next step was the oath. I still believe her file is just sitting on someone's desk waiting for a team leader approval or was reassigned because the Citizenship Officer was promoted or went to work somewhere else, but who knows. She was in Canada more than 4 years before applying, has no criminal record, passed the exam, always filed her taxes on time - there's not much else to check.

We have November travel outside Canada planned, but would rather not spend $50 to renew her PR card if she'll be a citizen in a month, but I guess it doesn't matter because PR cards currently take 93 days.

Manoj Tomar

Nov 15, 2017
After this standard reply do they follow up with a real answer? Does webform actually work?
No , not in this case when you are chasing them for your status ( nothing happened for so long type of questions), but I think it does work when you need to reschedule you test etc.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
We managed to get through to the CIC call centre today. The agent was helpful, she said that they should have updated the exam result but hadn't, and that's probably why we didn't receive an oath invite. She said she would send an internal email to the Montreal office to get them to look into this and get the exam results added, and get us an oath invite. She said it was good we called because otherwise we would have just continued to wait... will let you know when we hear more.

So far the lesson is: the webform is useless, because we provided the same information in the webform and got a form letter response.

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
We managed to get through to the CIC call centre today. The agent was helpful, she said that they should have updated the exam result but hadn't, and that's probably why we didn't receive an oath invite. She said she would send an internal email to the Montreal office to get them to look into this and get the exam results added, and get us an oath invite. She said it was good we called because otherwise we would have just continued to wait... will let you know when we hear more.

So far the lesson is: the webform is useless, because we provided the same information in the webform and got a form letter response.
Unbelievable

0ntarian

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Got the test invite yesterday ( 2nd August 2018) via email from Mississauga Office.
Test Date : 22 August 2018.
Ecase also updated today.

Kindly update the spreadsheet.
Did your status changed to Decision made? if yes after how many days

0ntarian

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Did our test and interviews at Mississauga on September 11, 2018 and waiting for decision made.

Received test invite on August 27. Please update my profile.

September 2017 applicants at Mississauga.