+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

Sukhi22

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Guys
Does reading the Citizenship guide is enough to get through the TEST or additional reading is required?
Please respond, my test is on 25th.

Thanks

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi Guys
Does reading the Citizenship guide is enough to get through the TEST or additional reading is required?
Please respond, my test is on 25th.

Thanks
I would answer this to say it depends on how you learn and memorize. If reading material a few times works for you normally, then the Discover Canada guide has all of the info you need. There won't be anything on the test that isn't in that book.

Personally, I liked taking the practice tests (free) a few times. Answering questions and looking the answers up that I didn't know is what works for me to learn and memorize the information.

Good luck!

Reactions: Sukhi22

Sukhi22

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
I would answer this to say it depends on how you learn and memorize. If reading material a few times works for you normally, then the Discover Canada guide has all of the info you need. There won't be anything on the test that isn't in that book.

Personally, I liked taking the practice tests (free) a few times. Answering questions and looking the answers up that I didn't know is what works for me to learn and memorize the information.

Good luck!
What links can you suggest?

lala-147

Feb 6, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 2, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 18, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 3, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 18, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 3, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
which office?

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Congratulations!
Where did you write your test?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Thank you, i write my test on May18th (Friday) and oath the same day at Edmonton office
So jealous... lol

I don't want the pomp and ceremony of the oath. I'd be perfectly happy to have had the interviewer say, "Okay, please stand and recite the oath.."... congratulations, we will send you the certificate in a couple of weeks. :)

Of course some like the big production, so they should opt for it. lol

Reactions: lala-147

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Updated the tracker. Congrats!!

DEEP SLEEP

Apr 8, 2017
Oakville
What links can you suggest?
For me, I have registered on (citizenshipsupport.ca). They have charged me only 30 CAD. The site has around 650 questions. It covers each line in the book and the system of demonstration of tests and answers is very helpful for remembering. The registration gives you an access for a whole year and a full refund of your money in case you didn't pass.
I really recommend this website especially if you are short in time and busy. ;);)