+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Congratulation wsongco... see you there ;)

Got our test invitation today, on January 09th! Test is on January 24th

Citizenship Office - Montreal

App Type - Family (2)
# Days in Canada - 1460
App Mailed - 18 Sep 2017
App Delivered - 20 Sept 2017
AOR Received - 30 October 2017
In Process - 28 October 2017
Test Invite - 09 January 2018
Test Date - 28 January 2018
Decision Made -
Oath Invite -
Oath -

Please update spreadsheet.
you got it by email or mail or you found out on the web?

baaqeel

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Longueuil
Today, i received a phone call from citizenship and immigration Canada to confirm receiving
the test invitation by email ... then i asked him if i'll receive the invitation by mail, he said no, not anymore.
i told him i'll print out the invitation email (the PDF file) ... he replayed .. it is a good idea.

jayaa

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys, Appeared in August 2017 test.
I never received any mail by post neither email. I checked online status first two months but didn't check online status afterwards as I was expecting post mail.I was checking mail every few days and email regulary. But checked yesterday online portal and found citizenship oath date was dec 15th.
but never receieved any mail post or email. even test officer informed me will recieive mail as I can recall asking him specifically. I was within 30 days
so I wrote a letter mentioning above reason my surprise shock and disaapointment and also called helpline and send a inquiry on portal and also visted local office which provided envelope to send mail with reason .Good thing I was within 30 days.Also helpline agent said there is note on file to reschedule.Shall I am fine? . my case file wouldn't be abandoned.?I read all policies it says if its within 30 days and reasonable explanation they will reschedule, otherwise will send final notice for reschedule. please advise. it wasn't my fault I never receieved any correspondence.
very worried.
local office reception told me unofficially they are upgrading in transition phase from offline to online but ask not to quote or mention ,simply write a letter.and informed that is the reason I didbnt receive any mail.
I did my due diligence afterwards
wrote a letter to local office explaining above mentioned reason
called helpline spoke with agent who told me he is pushing notification to local office and asked me to send a letter to them as well
also filled inquiry form
all three things done within 30 days. please provide ur help / feedback. possible scenarios and next date

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, In my ecase the address shown is wrong. The address on my attachment that i recieved as an aor is correct, but the mailing address is wrong (its a very old address from my pr from my home country), and my home address which was supposed to be the same as the mailing address is wrong. It had a link below to notify cic of the change of mailing address and i did that, do i need to call cic as well or just the online notification of address change is enough?

oar

Sep 20, 2017
Hi everyone. My Ecas shows in process since Nov. 29th 2017, there has been no update ever since. Now i have to go out of Canada for some personal stuff i am leaving on 20 jan for around 12 days. I am worried, what if there is a finger print request, if there is then is there anytime time line to do it and how much is the timeline?
I'll really appreciate if someone shares there opinion.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everyone. My Ecas shows in process since Nov. 29th 2017, there has been no update ever since. Now i have to go out of Canada for some personal stuff i am leaving on 20 jan for around 12 days. I am worried, what if there is a finger print request, if there is then is there anytime time line to do it and how much is the timeline?
I'll really appreciate if someone shares there opinion.
30 days I believe.FP request will show up on your ECAS in the form of "some correspondence has been mailed out..." .. Hopefully that gives you a heads up and enough time to do it.

Reactions: Oam123

oar

Sep 20, 2017
30 days I believe.FP request will show up on your ECAS in the form of "some correspondence has been mailed out..." .. Hopefully that gives you a heads up and enough time to do it.
Thank you for the quick response, Now i can relax, all thanks to you. I have 2nd question. Does the test invite have some dates for us to pick? Does it show on the Ecas or do they typically send out the mail in the mailbox?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hi,

I have an interview/test in 3 weeks but i don't have the original COPR i lost it, i have a copy

Should it be a problem ?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you for the quick response, Now i can relax, all thanks to you. I have 2nd question. Does the test invite have some dates for us to pick? Does it show on the Ecas or do they typically send out the mail in the mailbox?
IRCC picks the date. It shows the date and time on ECAS, but location is only revealed in the actual test invite letter, which could come via email or snail mail. Recent trend is leaning towards email.

FMM_Guy

Oct 31, 2017
Fort McMurray
Category........
Edmonton Applicants who applied in October they already started getting test invite but still September applicants are waiting. Fort McMurray Applicants who applied in August/September are still waiting for a test invite. I hope we'll get our test invite soon.

oar

Sep 20, 2017
IRCC picks the date. It shows the date and time on ECAS, but location is only revealed in the actual test invite letter, which could come via email or snail mail. Recent trend is leaning towards email.
Thank-you for the information.

gaggi10

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
calgary
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
hi to all i pass my test today with 19/20 .question was simple and all from practise test and discover canada .interview went good but officer said they want to verify my usa trip in 2013 .if they need something they will send me letter .background check still pending

Reactions: Hilda55