+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

Jul 31, 2017
Please update my name on spreadsheet

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2017.

I used the old form, so hoping that doesn't delay anything. If it's in progress, does that mean that the application was submitted properly and i'm not missing anything? I was outside the country for more than 180 days in Indonesia but was unable to get a letter from police. I added that within my application, but last week I received the criminal record check. Should I submit this now, or does it matter? If so, how do I get this to them? Trying to get through the process as quickly as possible

Thanks!!

Also.. how did @verveiko get processed so quickly. Are you on this thread?

Reactions: qjzhou

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
... If it's in progress, does that mean that the application was submitted properly and i'm not missing anything? I was outside the country for more than 180 days in Indonesia but was unable to get a letter from police. I added that within my application, but last week I received the criminal record check. Should I submit this now, or does it matter? If so, how do I get this to them? Trying to get through the process as quickly as possible...
Getting AOR alone means your application is complete and no missing documents. However, niether AOR nor IP mean that whatever you submitted is accurate. Eligibility/background/criminality checks are now being done on you. I would suggest submitting the PCC through the webform (link below). Not sure if you can simply upload it. If not, you can ask them how to mail it. Good Luck

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for the information above..

"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 27, 2017."

I never received this. Is this sent via post, or email? I don't see this anywhere.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks for the information above..

"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 27, 2017."

I never received this. Is this sent via post, or email? I don't see this anywhere.
There should be a pdf attachment with your AOR email. There's a link in there to download the pdf or audio version of Discover Canada.

moe2017

Nov 7, 2017
I got my application returned by mail even status said (application received)

The return is because i missed one day from the 4 years!!!!! Instead if 1,460 days, my actual calculations should have been 1,459 because I listed trips outside Canada separately!!!!

Unbelievable and totally disappointed

Now I have to apply again with C6 rule

Full of frustration

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

The return is because i missed one day from the 4 years!!!!! Instead if 1,460 days, my actual calculations should have been 1,459 because I listed trips outside Canada separately!!!!

Full of frustration
Sorry to hear that. How many days did you have on your calculator ? Did you apply with exactly 1460 days and no buffer ?

AHA88

Nov 23, 2017

Full of frustration
I can feel u man, sorry to hear that..specially waiting is the toughest part... so when did u apply and got AOR? Did u get your application on process status??

moe2017

Nov 7, 2017
I can feel u man, sorry to hear that..specially waiting is the toughest part... so when did u apply and got AOR? Did u get your application on process status??
I applied on Sept 15 and my AOR on Oct 17. My status was application received and never changed.

The date of the letter they sent was November 23!

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
observation:

total applicants as shown in monthly spreadsheet as of today:

July: 90
August: 89
Sept: 90
Oct: 657

RedDragons

Nov 29, 2017
I applied on Sept 15 and my AOR on Oct 17. My status was application received and never changed.

The date of the letter they sent was November 23!
I'm confused. Your calculator showed 1460 though? How did you lose a day exactly? Was this evident from your application, or did they have to go through border records to check your dates were correct?

baaqeel

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Longueuil
I'm confused. Your calculator showed 1460 though? How did you lose a day exactly? Was this evident from your application, or did they have to go through border records to check your dates were correct?
I don’t think so, I signed my application on the same day i spent 1460 days in Canada and my application now in process

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I don’t think so, I signed my application on the same day i spent 1460 days in Canada and my application now in process
Did you sign it on the 1460th day or 1461th day? The day you sign does not count towards the physical presence.