IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20/07/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
28/11/2012
hi ottawa people, have you noticed in october excel sheet, an applicant who applied with the new rule had received in progress? aor on nov2 and and in progress on nov 15.
we received aor on october 17. more than 2 weeks prior than this applicant. so us september and august applicants who received aor earlier are waiting... but for what? i am worried now we will be in between and our applications will take the longest. :(
Hi Miranda, my status changed to "In Progress" yesterday... AOR was on Oct 17 ...Application was sent on Aug 25... Hope that helped

Reactions: miranda1986

RedDragons

Nov 29, 2017
Hamilton Office?

I sent my application (old rules) on Sept 14 (single-1462 days), delivered 18th (AOR on Oct 17th).

I have since heard nothing and I am unable to log in with the information in the email. Originally I had thought that perhaps the Hamilton Office (where I am based) was slow or for whatever reason not updating their applicants. But I can see from October spreadsheet a person in Hamilton applied a full month after me and is currently in process. I am getting worried about how much time has passed and whether I was requested to provide FP or other documents. Is there a way to try to contact the Hamilton office directly? How would I get this phone number? Will they simply just say "keep waiting?". I'm a little stunned as I had a very simple application with minimal trips abroad (mainly UK and USA). Hamilton appears to have gone from quickest in the country (~2014/2015) to very late indeed.

Thanks, RD

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
hi

I'm not a September application, my application is October, but, It's been a week since I received my AOR and my husband hasn't received it yet, his ecas says: Application received October 19TH (same date as mine), buth nothing of AOR, any suggestion of what we should do? Anyone here with the same situation in the past?

Thank you

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
You did not got AOR yet ? If not than advise you to call CIC toll free and find status.

Hamilton Office?

I sent my application (old rules) on Sept 14 (single-1462 days), delivered 18th (AOR on Oct 17th).

I have since heard nothing and I am unable to log in with the information in the email. Originally I had thought that perhaps the Hamilton Office (where I am based) was slow or for whatever reason not updating their applicants. But I can see from October spreadsheet a person in Hamilton applied a full month after me and is currently in process. I am getting worried about how much time has passed and whether I was requested to provide FP or other documents. Is there a way to try to contact the Hamilton office directly? How would I get this phone number? Will they simply just say "keep waiting?". I'm a little stunned as I had a very simple application with minimal trips abroad (mainly UK and USA). Hamilton appears to have gone from quickest in the country (~2014/2015) to very late indeed.

Thanks, RD

RedDragons

Nov 29, 2017
You did not got AOR yet ? If not than advise you to call CIC toll free and find status.
I did get AOR (Oct 17th) mentioned on the second line of the post, I am trying to make sense of how someone a full month later is in progress. I could understand if there was something peculiar about my travel history or other anomaly - but still, shouldn't it have gone into progress or returned to me for "incomplete reasons". I am concerned that after the AOR, it may have then been lost in the mail or similar when they attempted to forward the package to the local office. I also spoke with a colleague from Hamilton who applied 3 weeks ahead of me. They already have a test date. None of this makes much sense.

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
It says: "It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions that treat an application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not having your fingerprints taken with thirty (30) days of the date of this letter."

So, if you have a long vacation, I believe it is OK to have the fingerprints done a bit late with a letter and all travel info attached.

The whole FP process looks like:

1. FP in an agency http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp
2. RCMP will will do the search and provide a report (2-4 weeks)
3. Forward the report to the respective IRCC office

That will take a minimum 2 weeks plus logistic time. Hope IRCC will do other checks in parallel and not cause delays with FP.

Good luck to everyone in this tread.
Thanks for the information. Do they send a letter or email for FP request?

ashou_11

Aug 28, 2017
Hamilton Office?

Thanks, RD
A couple of September Ottawa office applicants including me had a long delay for our applications to move to in process ( My Aor was on Oct 12th and IP Nov 27th) It seems like that is being more common these days. I would advise you not to worry and give it more time and hopefully it will change to in process very soon. Also I tried contacting them through email and apparently they ignored it since I was still within the average processing time.

Good luck,

Reactions: RedDragons

oar

Sep 20, 2017
I am glad to inform that my status changed to "in Process" as of November the 29th, 2017.
Best wished to all the applicants.
Admin, to please update the spread sheet. Thanx!!

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Hi All,

May be i am over expecting or eager to see Test Invite on my ecas but like to share something that may or may not be logical.

Until yesterday on my e-cas with my UCI I was able to see Two status of different applications.

One was completed ( Family sponsorship) in June 2017 but it was still showing until yesterday but from today morning that information is gone now only information i see is for my citizenship application which is In Process since 25 Oct 2017.

Does anyone came across this kind of situation in past and see change or improvement on current application ? Plz Share

AHA88

Nov 23, 2017
Got invited for test on Dec 20.
In process since 8 Nov,
AOR 26 Oct
Vancouver.

Pls update spreadsheet! thx.
Bro can you plz provide little more info, it will help many of us, thanks, when did u Apply? How come so fast and already invited for test in Dec 20? Thanks

omarragab

Aug 15, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
Bro can you plz provide little more info, it will help many of us, thanks, when did u Apply? How come so fast and already invited for test in Dec 20? Thanks
His application was received on September 21st. Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton offices seems to be faster than the rest.