+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

oar

Sep 20, 2017
Thank you, SATDXB, I would sound dumb but i dont know how to read this doc. like" what is # of data points and etc
Never mind my previous comment, i guess I spoke a little too soon, the sheet took a little longer to load thus causing confusion. its a very nice work. Thanks a lot for being pro active at this.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Hard to tell...but it could be many reasons like...origin of countries where terror activities are common or name match with criminal data base ( Red Flag) and if some part match ...may go for FP request.

What’s the reason for FP, random selected for “quality assurance” ?

chshaojin

Oct 19, 2017
What’s the reason for FP, random selected for “quality assurance” ?
Read the instruction and explanation again, it is about Section 21 and/or 22. Sometimes, same name or partial of the name makes the speculation, then fingerprints are required for a further search.

BTW, the application is processed in St. Clair office, downtown Toronto.

HeroMember

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Read the instruction and explanation again, it is about Section 21 and/or 22. Sometimes, same name or partial of the name makes the speculation, then fingerprints are required for a further search.

Hi,

How much time they give to submit the FP request. I am actually a little worried. I have planned my vacation in February 2018 and my application was received on Nov 9. I was thinking if I get a FP request while I am on vacation, then it could be a problem. Also, when ur application was received? I wanted to guess when I can expect a FP request based on my application delivered date, which is Nov 9 in my case.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks for your information. I thought the case from Richmond Hill would be processed in Scarborough.

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
Hi,

How much time they give to submit the FP request. I am actually a little worried. I have planned my vacation in February 2018 and my application was received on Nov 9. I was thinking if I get a FP request while I am on vacation, then it could be a problem. Also, when ur application was received? I wanted to guess when I can expect a FP request based on my application delivered date, which is Nov 9 in my case.
One month

Reactions: HeroMember

chshaojin

Oct 19, 2017
Hi,

It says: "It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions that treat an application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not having your fingerprints taken with thirty (30) days of the date of this letter."

So, if you have a long vacation, I believe it is OK to have the fingerprints done a bit late with a letter and all travel info attached.

The whole FP process looks like:

1. FP in an agency http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp
2. RCMP will will do the search and provide a report (2-4 weeks)
3. Forward the report to the respective IRCC office

That will take a minimum 2 weeks plus logistic time. Hope IRCC will do other checks in parallel and not cause delays with FP.

Good luck to everyone in this tread.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I made a small mistake in my physical presence calculator, so I would like to send an updated version. My application is in process now. Do you know how to send the new one? is there any email address etc.?

Thank you
Hi, when sending an updated version of physical presence- are you going to sign it again with the new date or the old date?