+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Why do you think applications are processed in your local CIC office? Looking from the CIC website, i think they are processed at case processing centres (for citizenship, it means Sydney, NS). Most local CIC offices only handle citizenship tests / ceremony / hearing.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/offices/index.asp
IRCC has clear description on how that works, it's not how you think ...
RECEIVED

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

IN
PROCESS

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship officer or citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 14 and 64, you will have to meet the knowledge and language requirements for citizenship. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Adult applicants who are 65 years old or older are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship officer or citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Why do you think applications are processed in your local CIC office? Looking from the CIC website, i think they are processed at case processing centres (for citizenship, it means Sydney, NS). Most local CIC offices only handle citizenship tests / ceremony / hearing.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/offices/index.asp

i think this shows the initial application place. we all applied in Sydney and they received and put our status in AOR. I believe they then send the applications to your city, and they let us know that it is in progress. then they check if you qualify and hence give you a test date in the city. if you pass the date, then you get to the ceremony.

otherwise, what is the different between AOR and IP? I think one means Sydney received, the other means the proper city received it.

Plus, just check the excel sheet. Calgary has the shortest AOR-IP days. Edmonton and Vancouver follows it while Ontario and Quebec generally seems slower. This cannot be a coincidence!
Otherwise, I will be quite unhappy. There are at least dozens of people who applied after me and still got in IP! If this is all done in Sydney, someone is putting other applicants ahead of me; and it is unfair! but it makes sense if it is depended on the city. just think about it...

ashou_11

Aug 28, 2017
in ottawa, no one received ip for anyone after aor date of october 12.

in our case, we received aor on october 17th and still no IP :(
My brother sent his application a couple of days after me (pretty much we almost have the same data in our applications ) and got his AOR on October 11 th and IP on November 1st, also Ottawa.

Last edited:

myyyyc

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
IRCC has clear description on how that works, it's not how you think ...
RECEIVED

Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

IN
PROCESS

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship officer or citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 14 and 64, you will have to meet the knowledge and language requirements for citizenship. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Adult applicants who are 65 years old or older are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship officer or citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.
Thanks for the information, I always thought Case Processing Centres will actually process the applications. How naive! ;););)

myyyyc

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
i think this shows the initial application place. we all applied in Sydney and they received and put our status in AOR. I believe they then send the applications to your city, and they let us know that it is in progress. then they check if you qualify and hence give you a test date in the city. if you pass the date, then you get to the ceremony.

otherwise, what is the different between AOR and IP? I think one means Sydney received, the other means the proper city received it.

Plus, just check the excel sheet. Calgary has the shortest AOR-IP days. Edmonton and Vancouver follows it while Ontario and Quebec generally seems slower. This cannot be a coincidence!
Otherwise, I will be quite unhappy. There are at least dozens of people who applied after me and still got in IP! If this is all done in Sydney, someone is putting other applicants ahead of me; and it is unfair! but it makes sense if it is depended on the city. just think about it...
Calgary may have shorter IP to Test invite time, but it seems to more limited capacity to run the tests, The tests are already scheduled well into Jan, 2018 (based on the Aug application tab).

Reactions: gaggi10

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Calgary may have shorter IP to Test invite time, but it seems to more limited capacity to run the tests, The tests are already scheduled well into Jan, 2018 (based on the Aug application tab).
Well i didnt mean they will finish process quicker. At the end 12 months of processing time is calculated using 80 percent of applications all over canad. I basically stated the difference between the cities to prove my point that between aor and ip, applications move to their own cities.

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
My brother sent his application a couple of days after me (pretty much we almost have the same data in our applications ) and got his AOR on October 11 th and IP on November 1st, also Ottawa.
Thats odd. If you applied earlier how did he get ahead of you. I mean good for him but seriously what is going on with our applications? Idk why but i kinda am hopeful we will receive

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Thats odd. If you applied earlier how did he get ahead of you. I mean good for him but seriously what is going on with our applications? Idk why but i kinda am hopeful we will receive
Guys ,

In your AOR did they mention the application will be accessed based on new rules ?

UKG

Mar 18, 2013
Hi,

Kindly update the excel sheet to show that my e-case is 'In Process' from November 14, 2017.

User is UKG and you will find me in September.

Reactions: qjzhou

myyyyc

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
no? does yours say anything like that?
Hmm, this is what the letter i got says.

Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in
meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after
that date,
it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act. To learn more about the new citizenship
eligibility requirements, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca.

It did not say exactly what day is "that date", but I assume it is Oct 11th.

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hmm, this is what the letter i got says.

Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in
meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after
that date,
it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act. To learn more about the new citizenship
eligibility requirements, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca.

It did not say exactly what day is "that date", but I assume it is Oct 11th.
hmm. Did you get it with AOR or IP? My husband's AOR was received on oct 17th, but it doesnt have anything like this in the email.

osjacume

Mar 3, 2017
Hi guys,

Would you please add my info to the spread sheet? I'm new in the forum.

Montreal
Family application
09/08/17 App sent
09/13/17 App Delivered
10/13/17 AOR
IP... waiting.....

Thank you very much.

Reactions: qjzhou