+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi,

Did you get test invite ? Did you call the call center ?

Ss85
No test invite... we did call the center, and all they are saying is we are under 12 months and still have time for being processed. My husband has a common name in his country. I think it is taking longer for them to find info about him. but they didnt even request finger prints or anything that sort. So we have just been in process since november 24th. *sighh** still a waiting game for us.
maybe you and @ashou_11 will be in the same oath ceremony!

john.123

Feb 17, 2018
Hi everyone could you please let me know what I should take to the test? They said original documents. Not sure what I submitted. I believe it would be English test and COPR, PR and Health card. Do you know anything else in common when we summited the application? Thanks!

Sukhi22

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Guys,
This is a great thread !!!
Here are my timelines and I am waiting. Can you please assist?
Place: Kitchener
AOR Received: Nov 27, 2017
Fingerprinting: Jan 24, 2018

As per the facts from this group, when should I tentatively expect the date for test/ interview?

Thanks
Sukhi

Bonza

Feb 7, 2018
Hi,

I'm still waiting for the test invite.. hopefully. Does anyone know a translator for a stamp in Spanish ?? Etobicoke, Toronto or Mississauga.

oar

Sep 20, 2017
Hi guys, I am very nervous as there has been silence on my application ever since the status was changed to “in process” in the last week of Nov 2017. Could they possibly ask for fingers print at this time or you would suggest the time for that step is over. Plus plz also suggest when should I expect to hear about the test invite and I’ll also appreciate if I am advised of the timeline of remaining steps till the passport. I’ll really appreciate of any help. Thank you!

Marvin101

Oct 3, 2017
Hi guys, I am very nervous as there has been silence on my application ever since the status was changed to “in process” in the last week of Nov 2017. Could they possibly ask for fingers print at this time or you would suggest the time for that step is over. Plus plz also suggest when should I expect to hear about the test invite and I’ll also appreciate if I am advised of the timeline of remaining steps till the passport. I’ll really appreciate of any help. Thank you!
You can ask the contact centre about progress of your application and they might tell you if your application is progressing well or else they are waitig on some background checks

john.123

Feb 17, 2018
Hi everyone could you please let me know what I should take to the test? They said original documents. Not sure what I submitted. I believe it would be English test and COPR, PR and Health card. Do you know anything else in common when we summited the application? Thanks!

Can someone please answer this question?

My understanding is I have to have the followings with myself:
- Original Passports
- Original English test(s)
- COPR
- PR
- Health card

Anything else please?

tasha1984

Feb 20, 2018
Family application (2)
Application received: Sep 6, 2017; Acknowledgement of receipt: Oct 6, 2017
Test notice received: Dec 19, 2017; Test date: Jan 15, 2018 (Passed; Scarborough)

Just found this forum. Just FYI to members, during my interview (right after the test) they asked detailed questions about my travel record. I have traveled a lot over the years, so I guess it was complicated because of that. BUT, there were a few records on their list that did not belong to me! The officer insisted that it was mine since it apparently came up through my info search (PR card or whatever they search with). But I know for sure they were not mine, I had never been to those places. Anyways, I stuck ground, repeated like 50 times that those are not me, I have no idea where and how they got them, and to recheck. Eventually, he was convinced. Just letting you all know, in case something similar happens and makes you nervous.

My application status now says "Decision Made". I have never followed my timeline, so not really sure when it changed. It just happens so that I need to travel out of the country in May, and my PR card is expired. Anyone here with any guess? Just wondering if anyone have been following timelines long enough to have an educated guess. Should I be done with the oath by then?

Thanks in advance :)

oar

Sep 20, 2017
You can ask the contact centre about progress of your application and they might tell you if your application is progressing well or else they are waitig on some background checks
Thank you! But someone in the thread said that they called the center and they didn’t provid any info as the application was within 1 year processing time

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Quick question guys, what time of the day do they usually update online status? thanks!~
For me the, the impatiently waiting applicant who checks ECAS status two - three times daily, the ECAS got always updated sometime during the night between 9 PM and 9 AM next day.