+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

john bryce

Feb 15, 2018
Good day everyone , please i need understanding on how my application is going ...here is my story so far , i currently have a deportation order in place but no date set yet ...got a request to apply for PRRA done that already. I have a common law sponsorship application with my partner that i submitted last year 2017. Got a request to fill and submit schedule A check, police clearance, medical rPPF last month, today i got an approval letter stating am eligible my lawyer is saying now we can apply for work permit ...should i be worried about the deportation order...in addition we have a 2 year old together

Last edited:

shb25

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2012. (Sent 27-11-2012. Recd by NDVO on 28-11-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process Feb 11, 2013. DM: Feb 11, 2013. Visa Issued: Feb 11, 2013
LANDED..........
15-03-13
Single
Physical Presence: 1500
App Sent: Sep 14
Received: Sep 20
AOR: Oct 20
IP: Nov 21
Test Invite: Feb 12
Test Date: Mar 6

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Here is my detail to be added to the sheet please:

Office: Edmonton
Application sent: Sept 1
Application rcvd: Sept 5
AOR: Oct 11
IP: Oct 25
FP request: Nov 27
FP rcvd: Dec 4
Test invite: Jan 24
Test date: Feb 15 (passed)

Waiting for DM and oath. Hopefully things will go smooth

Reactions: punjabimunda

narcotics

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Request
Front Loaded
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Passport Req..
29-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
08-06-2011
Hi

Oath letter sent on February 15, 2018
Oath on March 13th, 2018

Thanks

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
congrats! i am so glad to hear that in less than 3 weeks you will be a canadian citizen! i love being Canadian.
unfortunately though my husband didn't even get a test date yet! no fingerprint request or anything. has been sitting on "in process" since november 24th.
my husband has a common name in his country. i started to blame that! :)
Hi,

Did you get test invite ? Did you call the call center ?

Ss85

Reactions: miranda1986

john.123

Feb 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

Im preparing for test and not sure how to find the answer to some questions like the followings; could you help me with the following: (I'm from Ontario - North York)

Federal Government:
- The name of the representative of the Queen of Canada, the Governor General, is ? (Is it Julie Payette or David Johnston? David Johnston is mentioned in the PDF but a quick Google search says Julie Payette)

- The names of the other opposition parties and leaders are? Thomas Mulcair (The new democratic party of Canada) Could you help with more?

Territorial Government:
- The name of the Commissioner, who represents the federal government in my territory, is?
- The name of the Premier is?
- The name of my territorial representative is?

Municipal Government:
- The name of the municipality where I live is?
- The name of the head of the municipal government (mayor or reeve) is?​

Last edited:

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi everyone,

Im preparing for test and not sure how to find the answer to some questions like the followings; could you help me with the following: (I'm from Ontario - North York)

Federal Government:
- The name of the representative of the Queen of Canada, the Governor General, is ? (Is it Julie Payette or David Johnston? David Johnston is mentioned in the PDF but a quick Google search says Julie Payette)

- The names of the other opposition parties and leaders are? Thomas Mulcair (The new democratic party of Canada) Could you help with more?

Territorial Government:
- The name of the Commissioner, who represents the federal government in my territory, is?
- The name of the Premier is?
- The name of my territorial representative is?

Municipal Government:
- The name of the municipality where I live is?
- The name of the head of the municipal government (mayor or reeve) is?​
Google plus if you go to Toronto library online they have a practice citizenship test.

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
My status changed today to decision made :)

john bryce

Feb 15, 2018
please i need understanding on how my application is going ...here is my story so far , i currently have a deportation order in place but no date set yet ...got a request to apply for PRRA done that already. I have a common law sponsorship application with my partner that i submitted last year 2017. Got a request to fill and submit schedule A check, police clearance, medical rPPF last month, today i got an approval letter stating am eligible my lawyer is saying now we can apply for work permit ...should i be worried about the deportation order...in addition we have a 2 year old together

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Things look positive for you. However, unless there is an immigration lawyer in this thread, no one can give you a conclusive answer. Your lawyer, after consulting your documents, will be the best to tell you how your status looks like.

I sincerely wish you best of luck

please i need understanding on how my application is going ...here is my story so far , i currently have a deportation order in place but no date set yet ...got a request to apply for PRRA done that already. I have a common law sponsorship application with my partner that i submitted last year 2017. Got a request to fill and submit schedule A check, police clearance, medical rPPF last month, today i got an approval letter stating am eligible my lawyer is saying now we can apply for work permit ...should i be worried about the deportation order...in addition we have a 2 year old together

chshaojin

Oct 19, 2017
Admin:

Checked this morning, the status changed to Decision Made, but clicked further there is no specific day mentioned when was the "DM"

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Admin:

Checked this morning, the status changed to Decision Made, but clicked further there is no specific day mentioned when was the "DM"
thank you for the update! i have put todays date as DM. DM is usually couple of days after the test - but some applicants have reported a longer wait time too.
Congradulations!

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014

Added you the spreadsheet, can you provide - App type: single or family and physical presence date for the spreadsheet?