+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2016 renewal applications

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Is there anyone here who has applied for PR renewal in September 2016? Pls share ur timeline and updates.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
rihaf said:
Is there anyone here who has applied for PR renewal in September 2016? Pls share ur timeline and updates.
I sent my application on 14-Oct and it was received on 17-Oct.,
Haven't got any mail from cic that they have started working on my application. I guess it will be some time in next month or so.

How long after your application was received, you got a mail saying your application is under process ?

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
sharat_joshi77 said:
I sent my application on 14-Oct and it was received on 17-Oct.,
Haven't got any mail from cic that they have started working on my application. I guess it will be some time in next month or so.

How long after your application was received, you got a mail saying your application is under process ?
I haven't got mail saying its in process. They mailed me ladt Friday acknowledging tht they have received my application n since then m not able to access my ecass for wht m worried. Do they mail us when they stsrt processing it?

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
rihaf said:
I haven't got mail saying its in process. They mailed me ladt Friday acknowledging tht they have received my application n since then m not able to access my ecass for wht m worried. Do they mail us when they stsrt processing it?
Check this ink: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=022&top=4

To process permanent resident applications, CIC will:

- review your application to make sure it’s complete,
- determine if you are eligible to apply to become a permanent resident of Canada,
- tell you when your application has been put into processing,
- send you instructions on how to complete a medical exam, if you did not get your medical before sending in your application,
- perform a security screening, to make sure all applicants do not pose a risk to the safety and security of Canadians,
- determine if you need to attend an interview, and
- inform you of the decision made on your application.

I guess step 3 is where they tell you abt the processing has started (via email or mail).
I am assuming you got the mail after 4-5 weeks you submitted you application ? Is that correct ?

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
sharat_joshi77 said:
Check this ink: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=022&top=4

To process permanent resident applications, CIC will:

- review your application to make sure it’s complete,
- determine if you are eligible to apply to become a permanent resident of Canada,
- tell you when your application has been put into processing,
- send you instructions on how to complete a medical exam, if you did not get your medical before sending in your application,
- perform a security screening, to make sure all applicants do not pose a risk to the safety and security of Canadians,
- determine if you need to attend an interview, and
- inform you of the decision made on your application.

I guess step 3 is where they tell you abt the processing has started (via email or mail).
I am assuming you got the mail after 4-5 weeks you submitted you application ? Is that correct ?
After around 2 wks saying they have received my application

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Anyone there who applied in sept and can access ecas?? It seems theres no one applied in sept 2016? :/
Dies anyone know the number to call cic for updates on application?

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Applied on 19th OCTOBER 16, Acknowlegement received on 21st. Ecas shows UNDER PROCESS TILL TO DAY ,

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Kkd said:
Applied on 19th OCTOBER 16, Acknowlegement received on 21st. Ecas shows UNDER PROCESS TILL TO DAY ,
Thts great! Wen were u able to access ur ecas? I got acknowledgement on 14th oct but m not able to access my ecas:/ is it sumthng to worry about?

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
rihaf said:
Thts great! Wen were u able to access ur ecas? I got acknowledgement on 14th oct but m not able to access my ecas:/ is it sumthng to worry about?
Yeah. Looks surreal that the ecas is showing the status after 2 days of receiving the application.
I am not able to see anything on 24-Oct (1 week after the application was received at NS).

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
sharat_joshi77 said:
Yeah. Looks surreal that the ecas is showing the status after 2 days of receiving the application.
I am not able to see anything on 24-Oct (1 week after the application was received at NS).
U received ur AOR? R u not able to even log in to ecas?

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
sharat_joshi77 said:
Oh u just sent on 14th oct thn thrs nuthn to worry abt ul get it soon. For me, iv got AOR but cant access ecas thts wht m worried abt :/

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
rihaf said:
U received ur AOR? R u not able to even log in to ecas?
No. I have not got any communication from cic yet.
I guess this will be once they open my application for processing.

I read somewhere that there may be some time gap when the application is received at the office and the package is opened for procesing.
Is my understanding correct ?

rihaf

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
sharat_joshi77 said:
No. I have not got any communication from cic yet.
I guess this will be once they open my application for processing.

I read somewhere that there may be some time gap when the application is received at the office and the package is opened for procesing.
Is my understanding correct ?
Yes thts ryt i got my AOR after 20days of receiving so u r ok not to worry.