24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
emira said:
Yes representative. I wish I could get on MyCIC but ECAS is good enough.
So i'm hoping for a Decision Made soon enough if the Medical is received.
Thanks for your help.
that's too bad about mycic, but in some ways it saves your sanity not being able to check it

I don't know about Vienna VO but I can say that it was only a week or 2 after my medical showed as received that my background check went into progress, the background check took a long time, but possibly that's because it was the end of 2016 and quotas were filled...at least that's what the best guesses are on the forum.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
eaforster said:
Just wondering if I'm the only Ottawa Sept. applicant that hasn't had 'background check in process' yet?

I told myself I wouldn't worry until March, but it seems literally everyone else has had theirs either start or DM already.
Ugh, yours still hasn't started? I was hoping it had started around the same time mine did, which was a week ago today.

Looking at the August spreadsheet, there are a lot of people from Ottawa who still don't have a DM yet either. Not sure about their background check status. I think some of them have started, but I can't remember which. Or maybe they just haven't been updating the spreadsheet. Their ECAS In Process dates are before yours. That's the date I've been using as a benchmark for whether I'm on track.

Not very reassuring, I know. It's hard not to overanalyze it. I think there definitely ends up being a "luck of the draw" aspect to it.

You did mention already being in Canada and working. I wonder if that could play a role in the processing speed? Not knowing how they allocate files, it's hard to know what really happens. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see how things actually get worked on.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
your wife needs to go in the visitor line, as she is not a citizen, nor will she legally be a pr yet. The immigration officers will perform the landing procedure with her.

i'm assuming the information you are reading is general information for visitors, or those entering on other visas. spousal sponsorship landing is different and it is not required for her to show proof of funds. you as the sponsor will not be involved in the landing procedure (they will have you sit and wait while she signs the paperwork) and there is no reason for you to provide your sponsor approval letter.

all your wife needs to land is her passport and COPR. if she is declaring items at landing or later, then she will want to present her declaration forms at landing.
Just as a follow up to this. I (the spouse) would go through the citizen line as normal, but would I have to let the officer know that my spouse is going through the landing process? Or would I just have to sit and wait outside for him?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Joyce_tosf said:
Just as a follow up to this. I (the spouse) would go through the citizen line as normal, but would I have to let the officer know that my spouse is going through the landing process? Or would I just have to sit and wait outside for him?
you don't *have* to tell the officer anything. you can certainly let him know your wife is in the other line and will be landing as a pr, but there is no requirement to do so. she can also tell her immigration officer you are waiting for her, and they may invite you to wait in secondary while she signs the paperwork. if they don't invite you into the immigration office, then you need to wait until she's done. CBSA will instruct you accordingly.

after sponsor approval, PR approval has nothing to do with the sponsor. your wife is the one landing as a PR and your wife is the one they are going to be communicating with about the landing: asking her for the paperwork, asking her the questions written on the COPR, asking her if she has anything to declare, asking her to sign the forms, asking her for a canadian mailing address for her PR card. really, this isn't about you, the sponsor, and there's nothing for you to do at landing, except to be there for moral support.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
you don't *have* to tell the officer anything. you can certainly let him know your wife is in the other line and will be landing as a pr, but there is no requirement to do so. she can also tell her immigration officer you are waiting for her, and they may invite you to wait in secondary while she signs the paperwork. if they don't invite you into the immigration office, then you need to wait where instructed to wait at the airport. CBSA will instruct you accordingly.

after sponsor approval, PR approval has nothing to do with the sponsor. really, this isn't about you and there's nothing for you to do at landing, except to be there for moral support. your wife is the one landing as a PR and your wife is the one they are going to be communicating with about the landing.
I'm asking just so I know what I'm able to do/not do while I wait for my husband to go through the landing process. I'll be flying with him when he lands so I wasn't sure what the boundaries are with regards to waiting for him. Thanks!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Joyce_tosf said:
I'm asking just so I know what I'm able to do/not do while I wait for my husband to go through the landing process. I'll be flying with him when he lands so I wasn't sure what the boundaries are with regards to waiting for him. Thanks!
it's different at every border. CBSA will instruct you accordingly when you get there. for the most part, they allow spouses to sit in a waiting area while the PR finalizes the paperwork.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
it's different at every border. CBSA will instruct you accordingly when you get there. for the most part, they allow spouses to sit in a waiting area while the PR finalizes the paperwork.
Perfect, thank you!

stankadank

Sep 29, 2015
eaforster said:
Just wondering if I'm the only Ottawa Sept. applicant that hasn't had 'background check in process' yet?

I told myself I wouldn't worry until March, but it seems literally everyone else has had theirs either start or DM already.

nope- me too

Pontianak

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
sweethunkUSman said:
There are a few other Ottawa apps that are quiet on the google doc
Yeeeea, I'm one of those.

Also got an eMail on the 23rd asking for passport photo and pictures. Looks like I'm in the clear!

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
Pontianak said:
Yeeeea, I'm one of those.

Also got an eMail on the 23rd asking for passport photo and pictures. Looks like I'm in the clear!
Great news! Congrats!

eaforster

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
01-10-2016
File Transfer...
15-10-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
ECAS DM: 02/07/2017 PPR: 02/15/2017
VISA ISSUED...
02/27/2017
LANDED..........
03/04/2017
sweethunkUSman said:
There are a few other Ottawa apps that are quiet on the google doc, but not sure if they're still active on here, might want to message them to ask...

Is your case straight forward? Is it an outland US app?
Yep, very straightforward. I'm a US citizen living here with my Canadian husband. I was approved for my work permit here in under a week so I guess I'm just confused why this part is taking so long!

Married, no kids, no previous marriages, we both have Nexus.

eaforster

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
01-10-2016
File Transfer...
15-10-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
ECAS DM: 02/07/2017 PPR: 02/15/2017
VISA ISSUED...
02/27/2017
LANDED..........
03/04/2017
danawhitaker said:
Ugh, yours still hasn't started? I was hoping it had started around the same time mine did, which was a week ago today.

Looking at the August spreadsheet, there are a lot of people from Ottawa who still don't have a DM yet either. Not sure about their background check status. I think some of them have started, but I can't remember which. Or maybe they just haven't been updating the spreadsheet. Their ECAS In Process dates are before yours. That's the date I've been using as a benchmark for whether I'm on track.

Not very reassuring, I know. It's hard not to overanalyze it. I think there definitely ends up being a "luck of the draw" aspect to it.

You did mention already being in Canada and working. I wonder if that could play a role in the processing speed? Not knowing how they allocate files, it's hard to know what really happens. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see how things actually get worked on.
You and me, both! Yeah, I've been here on a work visa for over a year now. My old one expired in December and I got approved for my second one in under a week, soooo that department is working!
My job is starting to wonder if I did actually apply for PR hahaha :p

Juniorrlopez

Sep 9, 2016
Thunder Bay, ON
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2016
AOR Received.
Oct 13 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
DM - 03/10/2017 Passport Email - 03/18/2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 03/24/2017
LANDED..........
03/30/2017 by land
eaforster said:
Yep, very straightforward. I'm a US citizen living here with my Canadian husband. I was approved for my work permit here in under a week so I guess I'm just confused why this part is taking so long!

Married, no kids, no previous marriages, we both have Nexus.
I'm also a US citizen living with my canadian wife in Canada under a student visa and have heard very little, besides my medical going to "Passed" yesterday. It's been frustrating seeing others progress quickly but I think maybe they are just focusing on families that are separated and giving them priority. If that is the case, I completely understand and feel lucky I don't have to be apart from my own.

Best of luck to you and the rest of us, I'm sure our time will come :)

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
Juniorrlopez said:
I'm also a US citizen living with my canadian wife in Canada under a student visa and have heard very little, besides my medical going to "Passed" yesterday. It's been frustrating seeing others progress quickly but I think maybe they are just focusing on families that are separated and giving them priority. If that is the case, I completely understand and feel lucky I don't have to be apart from my own.

Best of luck to you and the rest of us, I'm sure our time will come :)
Hopefully it comes soon for the rest of you that are waiting :). I was hoping there would be some more DMs come through this weekend. My hubby and I live apart not sure if that plays into or not? Who knows with CIC is all I think anyone can honestly answer