+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2016 Citizenship Applicants

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
shyurun79 said:
My eCAS finally got updated. But it seems to be a bad news.

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 22, 2016.
  • We started processing your application on October 7, 2016.
  • We sent you correspondence on February 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

it definitely not the test invite. Maybe RQ maybe fingerprint request. :eek:
Its probably FP request. You should get an email right away. Check your junk. You did not have your test yet?i am also a september applicant. FP just adds another month to the process. Not to worry. Are you in toronto?

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is the FR request. The lovely brown bag lying in my mail box. Now I know my local office - the famous St. Clair. Thank you VraiVie.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VraiVie said:
Its probably FP request. You should get an email right away. Check your junk. You did not have your test yet?i am also a september applicant. FP just adds another month to the process. Not to worry. Are you in toronto?
I have not yet received my test invitation, and yes I am in GTA area (Vaughan). Thank you for the kind words.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did my fingerprints today. Very quick process and it will take at least 72 hours for RCMP to mail the results back to St. Clair Office if there is no criminal records found (I am pretty sure I don't have any). Let's wait more!

VANCOUVERITE123

Aug 22, 2016
shyurun79 said:
Did my fingerprints today. Very quick process and it will take at least 72 hours for RCMP to mail the results back to St. Clair Office if there is no criminal records found (I am pretty sure I don't have any). Let's wait more!
Congrats Shyurun! At least now your file is moving. Good luck for the speedy process

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VANCOUVERITE123 said:
Congrats Shyurun! At least now your file is moving. Good luck for the speedy process
Thank you. However, my case now is officially non-routine.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
shyurun79 said:
Thank you. However, my case now is officially non-routine.
no it is not. it is considered as a routine app. I was also requested to submit a finger about 3 months after I did the test and it took them 25 days to make a decision on my file and issue an invitation to attend the ceremony so your case is still routine. that said what I think is delaying your application is the location you live in so fingers crossed for you and the rest of September group. Mind you I had also changed my name before submitting the application. To be honest, there are time I thought too my application is non-routine due to name change, fingerprint request and so forth and so but the reality is that it is just that they might be dealing with a high number of applications. That is all to say that your application is routine as per my understanding.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Guys need some input,

Did my test and interview 17 jan. Still in process, Called cic twice they said in process. second time lady side security clearance is going on and it can take long if you have a match or something. I already had FP and got cleared no issues. The interview went good as far as i know. Its been a month just silence. Any input will be appreciated. Should i order the notes? ATIP?

Thank you

sumitk2016

Jan 25, 2017
VraiVie said:
Guys need some input,

Did my test and interview 17 jan. Still in process, Called cic twice they said in process. second time lady side security clearance is going on and it can take long if you have a match or something. I already had FP and got cleared no issues. The interview went good as far as i know. Its been a month just silence. Any input will be appreciated. Should i order the notes? ATIP?

Thank you
Mine has been "in process" since Oct 2016 due to security checks.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumitk2016 said:
Applied in june 2016, IP August 2016 , test October 2016 , FP September 2016, FP done October 2016 . According to ATIP passed all eligibility assessments, still security clearance not started. no DM and still in process.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
sumitk2016 said:
Where are you located? and are you middle eastern or south asian? just to know exactly which ethnicity takes longer.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
oldfriend said:
Applied in june 2016, IP August 2016 , test October 2016 , FP September 2016, FP done October 2016 . According to ATIP passed all eligibility assessments, still security clearance not started. no DM and still in process.
Where are you located? and are you middle eastern or south asian? just to know exactly which ethnicity takes longer.