AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
Hello everyone, I just thought I give you a bit of inside information. I was at a conference this past week and spoke with one of the Directors from CIC, he told me that the new system they are using allow them to process applications in Canada to reduce the backlog in the visa offices abroad so for anyone that is being processed in Mississauga is very good news.
I sent my application on August 15 but I received an email on Sept 23 (the only email I received from CIC) to send the new form (Aug 2014 sponsorship application). I send it on October 14. I didnt get my UCI number or file number by email, I checked with my husband's old UCI and I saw that the application was received on October 15 and that his medicals were received. On November 14, I received a call from the Mississauga office, according to them I was missing a document, they gave me a fax number and I send it the same day. A week later I called the same number and spoke with the woman who just said she received it and she gave me my UCI # and file #. I was able to see my application but as of last Wednesday, it was not available on ECAS. Today I checked and it says that on November 27 a decision was made and a letter will be mailed to me. So medicals received does not mean the appl has been sent to the visa office and the date they give you as received depends on the person who is looking at your application. I also think that when you cant view your application is because they are working on it and will soon be updating it , so give it a week to receive news from them. Unfortunately some officers prefer to send all communication by mail which just adds up to the already long wait.

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
Did anyone mail their application in a box instead of an expandable envelope? Because it seems like they haven't received my application in the correct dept (but it was signed by an agent from my carrier that it was received), or either it is sitting elsewhere in the facility and not in the spousal application department. I spoke to an agent and she took the tracking info and when I explained to her it was put into a box she said it might have been mistaken and put else where even though all 4 sides of the box was labelled correctly with "Family Sponsorship Spousal Application." Then she told me to call back in about two weeks for an update.
So I'm thinking due to the fact that it was send in a box and not an envelope could have caused this issue. Please advise, anyone.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Violet11 said:
Hello everyone, I just thought I give you a bit of inside information. I was at a conference this past week and spoke with one of the Directors from CIC, he told me that the new system they are using allow them to process applications in Canada to reduce the backlog in the visa offices abroad so for anyone that is being processed in Mississauga is very good news.
I sent my application on August 15 but I received an email on Sept 23 (the only email I received from CIC) to send the new form (Aug 2014 sponsorship application). I send it on October 14. I didnt get my UCI number or file number by email, I checked with my husband's old UCI and I saw that the application was received on October 15 and that his medicals were received. On November 14, I received a call from the Mississauga office, according to them I was missing a document, they gave me a fax number and I send it the same day. A week later I called the same number and spoke with the woman who just said she received it and she gave me my UCI # and file #. I was able to see my application but as of last Wednesday, it was not available on ECAS. Today I checked and it says that on November 27 a decision was made and a letter will be mailed to me. So medicals received does not mean the appl has been sent to the visa office and the date they give you as received depends on the person who is looking at your application. I also think that when you cant view your application is because they are working on it and will soon be updating it , so give it a week to receive news from them. Unfortunately some officers prefer to send all communication by mail which just adds up to the already long wait.
congrats to you ... I wish they would just process all applications in Canada, hire more officers.. it would open more jobs to Canadian Citizens and it would make the process faster for everyone.

Sadly, It really makes those who wait longer feel horrible. I can suck it up because I've only been waiting 3 months but I have seen people from the beginning of this year still waiting and now Mississauga is giving out DMs like they are child's play.

I would have loved to be able to talk to the director of CIC myself. I would have told him they need to get their shit together and provider fair and equal processing for ALL applications.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
SarikaL said:
Did anyone mail their application in a box instead of an expandable envelope? Because it seems like they haven't received my application in the correct dept (but it was signed by an agent from my carrier that it was received), or either it is sitting elsewhere in the facility and not in the spousal application department. I spoke to an agent and she took the tracking info and when I explained to her it was put into a box she said it might have been mistaken and put else where even though all 4 sides of the box was labelled correctly with "Family Sponsorship Spousal Application." Then she told me to call back in about two weeks for an update.
So I'm thinking due to the fact that it was send in a box and not an envelope could have caused this issue. Please advise, anyone.
When did you send in your application? I mailed mine in a HUGE box (well about 15 inches long. 13 inches wide and 5 inches deep). We had no problems and got SA on 10/28.

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
Mariac819 said:
When did you send in your application? I mailed mine in a HUGE box (well about 15 inches long. 13 inches wide and 5 inches deep). We had no problems and got SA on 10/28.
I mailed on it Sept 29th and it was received on the 30th. I thought it would have been a problem, but since your application has been processed then I guess it's not. It's really hard to tell what's going on and kind of scary, I hope they find it.

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
Mariac819 said:
When did you mail yours Maria?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
SarikaL said:
I mailed on it Sept 29th and it was received on the 30th. I thought it would have been a problem, but since your application has been processed then I guess it's not. It's really hard to tell what's going on and kind of scary, I hope they find it.
Mine was mailed 09/05/14 and received by CIC on 09/10/14 but I did not talk to CIC until 10/23/14 and which point they confirmed they had received it. On 10/28/14 they sent my husband SA.

When I talked to them I gave them my name, date of birth, my husband's name date of birth, type of application and my country of birth. They were able to locate my application with all that information. The tracking # from Canada post and Even the payment receipt number are useless. They can't use that to locate an application.

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Mariac819 said:
congrats to you ... I wish they would just process all applications in Canada, hire more officers.. it would open more jobs to Canadian Citizens and it would make the process faster for everyone.

Sadly, It really makes those who wait longer feel horrible. I can suck it up because I've only been waiting 3 months but I have seen people from the beginning of this year still waiting and now Mississauga is giving out DMs like they are child's play.

I would have loved to be able to talk to the director of CIC myself. I would have told him they need to get their *censored word* together and provider fair and equal processing for ALL applications.
Totally on the same page as you Maricac819; I should also suck it up as I have been waiting for 3 months only as well...but as you said, ALL applications should receive fair treatment; they claim that it gets processed in the order it is received *Whatever*....they should align the processing times in Mississauga with foreign visa offices... I'm genuinely happy for people that got through in 3 months but then most of us waiting are also in genuine relationships, waiting to be united... And we have all worked hard to put our applications together but it's frustating to see that CIC decides with no logical/transparent rationale which one will get processed in 2 months and which one in 6, 8, 11 or even 16 months for some....how can they even determine which application is straight forward and which isn't...given that the consensus is that straight-forward applications are kept in Canada! There is no transparency from CIC I feel and indeed DM's are being seen like coupons handed out while some are stuck since the beginning of the year! And I'm speaking people from the same visa exempt countries if one wants to argue that it depends on your nationality!

All we can do is wait and vent... Lol Good luck to everyone waiting and Congratulations to all that went through!!

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
sam_1985 said:
Totally on the same page as you Maricac819; I should also suck it up as I have been waiting for 3 months only as well...but as you said, ALL applications should receive fair treatment; they claim that it gets processed in the order it is received *Whatever*....they should align the processing times in Mississauga with foreign visa offices... I'm genuinely happy for people that got through in 3 months but then most of us waiting are also in genuine relationships, waiting to be united... And we have all worked hard to put our applications together but it's frustating to see that CIC decides with no logical/transparent rationale which one will get processed in 2 months and which one in 6, 8, 11 or even 16 months for some....how can they even determine which application is straight forward and which isn't...given that the consensus is that straight-forward applications are kept in Canada! There is no transparency from CIC I feel and indeed DM's are being seen like coupons handed out while some are stuck since the beginning of the year! And I'm speaking people from the same visa exempt countries if one wants to argue that it depends on your nationality!

All we can do is wait and vent... Lol Good luck to everyone waiting and Congratulations to all that went through!!
Agree 100%. So according to the directors there is a "new system" that they are more than happy to discuss during a coffee break at a conference while keeping applicants and their families in the dark, despite the fact that THEY are the ones who'll be affected by any changes made to the "system". Sounds great! I'm happy to see that some people are getting DM in as little as 2 months, but let's be clear: this means that they CAN process an application in two months. I very much doubt that only a select group of people have straightforward cases, so why isn't this their new standard? Maybe because inconsistency is their motto and they wouldn't be able to keep it up? Excuse me while I go and throw up :mad:

princessofmylife

Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ROME
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014 verbal
File Transfer...
27-11-2014 ( SA )
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
No interview in process December 8,2014
Passport Req..
December 15 , 2014
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2014
LANDED..........
December 24, 2014
SarikaL said:
Ours was lost as well. They received it the same day, Sept. 30. Only after many phone calls they found it under the applicant's name. When did you call them?

SarikaL

Nov 25, 2014
princessofmylife said:
Ours was lost as well. They received it the same day, Sept. 30. Only after many phone calls they found it under the applicant's name. When did you call them?
I called them November 25 and someone told me not to worry that give them about 3 weeks, that the processing time on the website starts when they start looking at your application. But for some reason I didn't believe that because I saw SA for applications that were received in October.

Then I called them back today Dec 2nd. And I told the agent that the website says you guys are working on applications received Oct 5th and mine was received Sept 30th and I haven't heard anything, how am I supposed to know it's in the right hands. Then she took my tracking info and said to call back In two weeks she is sending and email to locate the file.

But when I called I give her my info (the sponsor) should I have tried providing my husbands info (the applicant)? When did you get SA princessofmylife?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
SarikaL said:
I called them November 25 and someone told me not to worry that give them about 3 weeks, that the processing time on the website starts when they start looking at your application. But for some reason I didn't believe that because I saw SA for applications that were received in October.

Then I called them back today Dec 2nd. And I told the agent that the website says you guys are working on applications received Oct 5th and mine was received Sept 30th and I haven't heard anything, how am I supposed to know it's in the right hands. Then she took my tracking info and said to call back In two weeks she is sending and email to locate the file.

But when I called I give her my info (the sponsor) should I have tried providing my husbands info (the applicant)? When did you get SA princessofmylife?
The fact that people in Oct have SAs and you haven't doesn't shock me. I mean people who applied in September already have DMs. That office is ass backwards.

I hope you can figure it out.

They should be able to find it with sponsors name.

princessofmylife

Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ROME
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014 verbal
File Transfer...
27-11-2014 ( SA )
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
No interview in process December 8,2014
Passport Req..
December 15 , 2014
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2014
LANDED..........
December 24, 2014
Tracking number doesn't work. What name is on the receipt? We had applicant's name on it and I thought that caused confusion.
They could not find our app under my name (sponsor) and it took few calls and few agents to figure it out. They also sent e-mail to Mississauga. I was surprized that they asked to speak to the applicant and only than they were able to track our app. He is in Canada with me so he was able to confirm his identity. I still don't understand what happened but in the beginning they gave me temp. file number
( now my uci #) and app number started with XF.
we got SA on Nov. 27th so you should have heard something by now. It took more than a week to confirm that they had our app. Call them again, they should have your app in the system by now.