26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Evadyrrehs said:
Got our notes today finally but it's sure hard to tell what's going on lol.. It looks to me that most of it hasn't started yet, but I was hoping to see somewhere that the FBI check was there and the medicals were also but it's not clear to me from reading the thing what to look for.
Look for a section titled NOTES. It will be underlined like so

NOTES and underneath that will be a list of all notes relating to your application. It will be close to the end of the file.

Also on page 2 under Assessments it will tell you what has started (criminality, eligibility, security etc.).

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Evadyrrehs said:
Got our notes today finally but it's sure hard to tell what's going on lol.. It looks to me that most of it hasn't started yet, but I was hoping to see somewhere that the FBI check was there and the medicals were also but it's not clear to me from reading the thing what to look for.
I actually had to read mine like 4 times before I really understood what was going on. There is an actual part of medical and will say the follow:

Medical 1
Created Date: ####/##/##
Created By: XXXXXXXXX
Updated:####/##/##
UCI:#########
Family Name: Smith
Given Name: Jane
Type: Medical
Validity: ####/##/##
STatus Updated By: XXXXXX
Assigned to: XXXXXXX
Due DATE: XXXX
UMI: #########
Assessed for: All
IME Status: Assessed
Reason for Closure: Granted
RMO:
M Profile: #
Description: No health impairment sufficient to prevent admission for medical reasons under section 38 (1)(a)
S Profile: #
Description: No Surveillance required
MOF Rationale Exists: No
MOF Review:
Valid Until: ####/##/##

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
looking back at my notes to type up the Medical part above I realized that my notes say

"Proof of relationship between SPR and PA submitted - Marriage Certificate"

So the fact that they are asking for it AGAIN is stupid!.. AHHHH I can't wait to see the MP tomorrow!.. So fired up!...

Sadly, it does not say anything about the FBI clearance. I have read the notes over like 2000000000 times!....

Good luck my Sept peeps!... May this new week bring good news to everyone!

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM June 2/2015 and COPR arrived June 10/2015
LANDED..........
June 15/2015 Yay! 8) PR card arrived Sept 3/2015
Thanks Andrew-Brit and Maria! The medical parts and criminal parts have dates and such but they all say: Status: Not Started. So I guess it's still a ways off till we get any movement on our application.. Notes don't really give a lot of info either.. Was hoping we could tell for sure if all our stuff was accounted for at least by looking at the notes and also to see about the interview part etc..

Thought there would be more seeings how we are almost at the 8 month mark, here's to more waiting!

Maria, anything from your MP yet?

Edit: Didn't see you are going to see the MP till after I posted.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Evadyrrehs said:
Thanks Andrew-Brit and Maria! The medical parts and criminal parts have dates and such but they all say: Status: Not Started. So I guess it's still a ways off till we get any movement on our application.. Notes don't really give a lot of info either.. Was hoping we could tell for sure if all our stuff was accounted for at least by looking at the notes and also to see about the interview part etc..

Thought there would be more seeings how we are almost at the 8 month mark, here's to more waiting!

Maria, anything from your MP yet?

Edit: Didn't see you are going to see the MP till after I posted.
Remember that sometimes the office which receives your request for notes generates the file a day or 2 after they receive your request, not on the day you receive them by e-mail.

At the bottom of each page look for

Time Generated
Date Generated.

For example if you ordered them on April 18th 2015 and the office generated the file on April 20th no changes will be reflected in the file from April 20th -> day you receive the file.

May 19, 2015
Hi everyone, been following this forum since September, thanks for all the information and updates. Our situation is as follow:
Filed application Sept 30th 2014
sponsorship approval Nov 19th 2014
now status is application received.

I am a Canadian living in the us with a green card and sponsoring my wife to Canada

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
andrew-brit said:
Remember that sometimes the office which receives your request for notes generates the file a day or 2 after they receive your request, not on the day you receive them by e-mail.

At the bottom of each page look for

Time Generated
Date Generated.

For example if you ordered them on April 18th 2015 and the office generated the file on April 20th no changes will be reflected in the file from April 20th -> day you receive the file.

Thanks that makes us feel better :) And good guess in your example because our notes were generated on April 20/2015 lol 8)

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
canadauscanada said:
Hi everyone, been following this forum since September, thanks for all the information and updates. Our situation is as follow:
Filed application Sept 30th 2014
sponsorship approval Nov 19th 2014
now status is application received.

I am a Canadian living in the us with a green card and sponsoring my wife to Canada
Welcome to the forum canadauscanada.
I hope you and everyone else hear some good news very very soon.

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:
looking back at my notes to type up the Medical part above I realized that my notes say

"Proof of relationship between SPR and PA submitted - Marriage Certificate"

So the fact that they are asking for it AGAIN is stupid!.. AHHHH I can't wait to see the MP tomorrow!.. So fired up!...

Sadly, it does not say anything about the FBI clearance. I have read the notes over like 2000000000 times!....

Good luck my Sept peeps!... May this new week bring good news to everyone!

Good luck with your MP appointment today and hoping it all goes well! 8)

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
For those who were curious....

MP appointment:

They took all our information and we explained the details. They will submit an inquiry and follow through with us until the end of the application.

They said it's not uncommon for Visa Offices to ask for documents that have already been submitted but we explained that the FBI clearance is taking 14 weeks.

So they said they will call us as soon as they get a status on what is going on with the file. They will be our liaison until the end.

My husband had a good feeling but I am preparing myself for the worse case scenario.

The person we saw didn't really inspire confidence.

They seemed very like - well submit the documents. Well yeah we would if we didn't have to wait 14 weeks.

They told us to contact Ottawa explaining which we already had done and we haven't heard anything back from Ottawa - they said that's normal.
That they usually just note it in the file but don't reply back.

It just seems hopeless at this point. unsure :( we shall see!

Evadyrrehs

Nov 4, 2013
Moncton NB Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Nov 13/2014
File Transfer...
SA Nov 13/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 22/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mariac819 said:
For those who were curious....

MP appointment:

They took all our information and we explained the details. They will submit an inquiry and follow through with us until the end of the application.

They said it's not uncommon for Visa Offices to ask for documents that have already been submitted but we explained that the FBI clearance is taking 14 weeks.

So they said they will call us as soon as they get a status on what is going on with the file. They will be our liaison until the end.

My husband had a good feeling but I am preparing myself for the worse case scenario.

The person we saw didn't really inspire confidence.

They seemed very like - well submit the documents. Well yeah we would if we didn't have to wait 14 weeks.

They told us to contact Ottawa explaining which we already had done and we haven't heard anything back from Ottawa - they said that's normal.
That they usually just note it in the file but don't reply back.

It just seems hopeless at this point. unsure :( we shall see!

It's unfortunate that they didn't seem to ask CIC to look over your file thoroughly to try and find the FBI check. There is still hope though that CIC will find it and you won't have to wait out the process for the new FBI check to arrive. It's good your husband had a good feeling about the meeting, and also that your MP office said they will follow you guys to the end, those are good signs at least. It's been just over two weeks now since you guys received the bad news about your FBI check, and maybe soon they will discover it in the file just where you said it was. Also it could have been put back in a different section of your file by someone at CIC who looked at your file earlier on, so they really just need to go through it all and let you guys know already, hopefully soon!

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
We have received an email from ottowa asking for additional documents. Glad we heard something.

Dear My name:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

UCI - My name:

SPR's Residency: Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licences, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient Please provide evidence that your sponsor's has taken steps to re-establish residency in Canada. This may include but is not limited to: job offer in Canada, property rental agreement, employment contract in Canada, property deed, mortgage on property, evidence of job searches or home searches in Canada, letter of acceptance by an educational institution in Canada for your child, etc.

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal and/or delay of your application.

Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.
We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you send mail by courier to our office and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/ information.

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s) within the timeframe given, you must notify our office before the due date ­and you must provide an explanation as to why you are unable to submit the documents within the given timeframe.

If you do not answer all questions and provide all the documents requested, this will cause delays in the processing of your application. If a question does not apply to you please write 'N/A' or 'Not Applicable.' Do not leave the answer blank. You must answer all questions in English or French.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) – Family Reunification Unit
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region

What do they mean with, proof of relationship? Photo's , mail exchange?
We have evidence of my wife returning to Canada.
Can I e-mail everthing in one document? Or do i have to send it by snail mail?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Document proving your relationship is usually a Marriage certificate. That is the same line I got. I would assume it is not more than that since I sent in over 600 pages of pictures and chat. They would be idiots to ask me for more.

Usually anything can be scanned and emailed unless they ask for originals.

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks you Maria. Yes, we've already send our marriage certificate, but we'll do it again, with extra photo's which we also send in our application. Just to make sure :)
Thanks for your answer, we will send everything in one document by e-mail.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Mulez said:
We have received an email from ottowa asking for additional documents. Glad we heard something.

Dear My name:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

UCI - My name:

SPR's Residency: Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licences, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient Please provide evidence that your sponsor's has taken steps to re-establish residency in Canada. This may include but is not limited to: job offer in Canada, property rental agreement, employment contract in Canada, property deed, mortgage on property, evidence of job searches or home searches in Canada, letter of acceptance by an educational institution in Canada for your child, etc.

Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal and/or delay of your application.

Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If we have asked you to send us several documents, you are required to submit all the documents together. Do not send documents one at a time. You should include your name and file number (which is indicated in the subject line) in all your correspondence.
We do not acknowledge receipt of mail or documents. If you send mail by courier to our office and you want to ensure that it has arrived, please check with the courier company. We will not respond to enquiries asking to confirm receipt of documents/emails/ information.

If you are unable to submit the requested document(s) within the timeframe given, you must notify our office before the due date ­and you must provide an explanation as to why you are unable to submit the documents within the given timeframe.

If you do not answer all questions and provide all the documents requested, this will cause delays in the processing of your application. If a question does not apply to you please write 'N/A' or 'Not Applicable.' Do not leave the answer blank. You must answer all questions in English or French.

It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and send your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) – Family Reunification Unit
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region

What do they mean with, proof of relationship? Photo's , mail exchange?
We have evidence of my wife returning to Canada.
Can I e-mail everthing in one document? Or do i have to send it by snail mail?
I'm starting to get the feeling that Ottawa is requesting more "proof" of anything just to make it APPEAR they're working, when all they're really doing is stalling and biding themselves more time so they can work on XY or Z.

Oh and I love the line "Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada." No CIC, pull your heads out of your ass, this isn't the Express Entry queue your looking at, it's the Family reunification.

As for sending it all in one file, I can tell you how to do it on a Mac. Open Automator, choose "workflow", then go to "PDF's". From there drag and drop in the order you want the PDF's combined, then double click on "combine PDF's", look to the top right and click "run". Bear in mind, the PDF needs to be less than 5 MB. If it's greater, you can then rerun it in Automator to compress the file.