Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
Sinduu02 said:
Hi friends,

My work permit is expiring on march 20th 2015. Im leaving to India in 2 days and returning on 11th January 2015. Will there be any issues returning to Canada on 11th Jan with permit expiring in 70 days ? I'm a September applicant and have been actively following this thread. Would greatly appreciate if someone can comment on my issue. Please let me know if its not advisable to exit the country at this point. All the best to everyone.

Thanks
Sindu
To be a safer bet...If you are already employed then take a reference letter from your employer regarding the same and the leave/vacation they granted. This is just to let them know that you're having a job and intended to extend your stay.

Can you also let us know if you have your payment mode encashed by now or not? (since you're a September applicant I guess it would be done). I am hoping if everything goes quick from CIC side, you might also receive your AOR sometime in January and so apply online for your extension or let the CBSA officer know the same that you are in the process of applying for extension by showing the AOR as proof as he can access your file and can validate the same. Looks like all are good signs so don't worry. Even if you do not have a job then your AOR will give you some backup. It's the sole Immigration officers decision afterall, Good luck!!

Excited

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
RPRF request from CIC : 03 Mar 16
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr
Sinduu02 said:
Hi friends,

My work permit is expiring on march 20th 2015. Im leaving to India in 2 days and returning on 11th January 2015. Will there be any issues returning to Canada on 11th Jan with permit expiring in 70 days ? I'm a September applicant and have been actively following this thread. Would greatly appreciate if someone can comment on my issue. Please let me know if its not advisable to exit the country at this point. All the best to everyone.

Thanks
Sindu
I will leave it for you to take a final decision. My WP is expiring by 30 Jan 2015 and i went to India for the whole of October 2014 and when i returned exactly on 01 Nov 14, i wasn't questioned on my WP or Visa, both were valid until 30 Jan 15.

In case you receive your AOR# during your return to Canada, ensure that you carry the same and you can quote the same to the Immigration officer, only if asked.

All begins well, ends well.. Have a safe and non-worrying journey !

srinigns

Jan 15, 2014
Hi Sindhu,

You can travel with no worries. My friends traveled back to Canada 10 days before his WP expires. If you have plans to extend the WP tell them the same( if they ask. )

Sinduu02 said:
Hi friends,

Thanks
Sindu

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
srinigns said:
Hi Sindhu,

You can travel with no worries. My friends traveled back to Canada 10 days before his WP expires. If you have plans to extend the WP tell them the same( if they ask. )
It all depends on the Officer...To be clear, I do not want to create unnecessary panic but to be more safer while travelling. You never know about the internal instructions!!

cbe_canada

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
Hi Jaffa83,

Yes im working currently and gng to India for holidays. I checked with my bank last week and they told me that the draft has already been cashed. Last month I was positive that I would have my AOR number before the day I return to Canada. But the progress with the applications is not so good so that's why I was confused. I will get the employer letter as you said to be safer. Thanks for your advice appreciate your help Jaffa.

Hi Srinigns & Excited : Thank you friends it give me hope seeing you guys returning with questions asked.

cbe_canada

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
Sorry friends I created another user name and password. For some reasons i couldn't log into the other account from which i posted yesterday.

Kindly post my info to the tracker.

NOC - 2141
Country of Residence - Canada
Country of Origin - India
Visa office requested - CPC-Ottawa
Date sent - 9/24/2014
Date received at Sydney, NS - 9/26/2014
Payment method - Bank draft
Draft cashed on 17th dec 2014

Thanks
Sindhu

Rpatel2013

Dec 18, 2014
Please Add into excel,

Applicant: rpatel2013
NOC: 2174
Country of Resident: CANADA
Country of Origin: India
Date Filed: 22/09/2014
Payment Method: CC
CC Charged: 12/12/2014

Thanks in Advance....

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

I went through august post and found out tht AOR is roughly taking 45-50 days after money has been charged , so we guys are looking for around 60 days after the cc charge because of xmas n new year vacations.

Excited

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
RPRF request from CIC : 03 Mar 16
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr
AJ28 said:
Hi everyone,

I went through august post and found out tht AOR is roughly taking 45-50 days after money has been charged , so we guys are looking for around 60 days after the cc charge because of xmas n new year vacations.
That's ridiculous.. almost 5 months will be consumed in this overall 13 months process ! With the introduction of EE, not sure how far ours will be pushed further :(

Ptbilly

Dec 23, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-14
Doc's Request.
None :)
AOR Received.
02-02-15
IELTS Request
With app
Med's Request
02-03-16
Med's Done....
02-03-16
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2016
LANDED..........
24-08-2016
Hey i applied in september. My cc got charged on dec 4. i just want to no about the bowp my iec visa is up on march 30. from the talks on the this i should get my AOR at the end of jan. will that be too late to apply for bowp or am i ok

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Ptbilly said:
Hey i applied in september. My cc got charged on dec 4. i just want to no about the bowp my iec visa is up on march 30. from the talks on the this i should get my AOR at the end of jan. will that be too late to apply for bowp or am i ok
It takes roughly 20 days to get ur bowp if u apply online. So u shud be good

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
Excited said:
That's ridiculous.. almost 5 months will be consumed in this overall 13 months process ! With the introduction of EE, not sure how far ours will be pushed further :(
Guys..Do not worry...They might take months to get our AOR but they took up to 6 months for Medicals for those who applied before August 2014. So, my guess is they will not take up to 6 months for requesting medicals as they done for those and might take only 3-4 months as the rule still applies to make a decision within 12 months. So, they might not take much time after issuing the AOR unless they require any additional documentation. Also, there were people who were waiting for more than 1 year because of the issues in their file like salary mismatch from NOA with T4 and Reference letter etc. Hope for the best but do not keep searching and worrying. Leave it for a month and come back tosee how it's going because of EE.

JumpingJacks

Dec 2, 2014
Excited said:
I will leave it for you to take a final decision. My WP is expiring by 30 Jan 2015 and i went to India for the whole of October 2014 and when i returned exactly on 01 Nov 14, i wasn't questioned on my WP or Visa, both were valid until 30 Jan 15.

In case you receive your AOR# during your return to Canada, ensure that you carry the same and you can quote the same to the Immigration officer, only if asked.

All begins well, ends well.. Have a safe and non-worrying journey !
Hi,

If you plan on returning to Canada (I am assuming you are based in CA). Make sure you have a re-entry visa.

A valid work or study permit does not guarantee re-entry into the country.

Otherwise, you should be fine returning with 70 days on your WP.

Enjoy!

JumpingJacks

Dec 2, 2014
cbe_canada said:
Hi Jaffa83,

Yes im working currently and gng to India for holidays. I checked with my bank last week and they told me that the draft has already been cashed. Last month I was positive that I would have my AOR number before the day I return to Canada. But the progress with the applications is not so good so that's why I was confused. I will get the employer letter as you said to be safer. Thanks for your advice appreciate your help Jaffa.

Hi Srinigns & Excited : Thank you friends it give me hope seeing you guys returning with questions asked.
AOR does not guarantee re-entry or a positive decision on an application. You might need a re-entry visa.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
JumpingJacks said:
AOR does not guarantee re-entry or a positive decision on an application. You might need a re-entry visa.
An AOR is not a deciding factor at all when it comes to immigration at the airport... All they want to see if you have a valid work permit (preferably valid for more than 2 months)
At the airport its all about how the immigration officer deems that you're fit to return to Canada. You're best bet is to have a multiple entry visa stamped on ur passport accompanied with a valid work permit.