11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
JPLuici said:
Today, I contacted CIC regarding my second time BOWP got some positive reply but regarding our PR applications, I came to know they can take upto 21 months.. I hope this is not true :-X
On the 21st month over here.

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
On the 21st month over here.
And that's if you count as of the day they received your application. CIC says processing time starts on the date of AOR.

cbe_canada

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
nuke noodles said:
My AINP nomination employer driven category took 1 year and 5 months. My friend who filed 2 months after me took 1 year and 11 months. Nomination will not be granted if applicant no longer have valid WP at any stage during the waiting. Not sure about other categories or OINP, but I think these answer your questions.
Thank you friend. I guess I would have to wait patiently for a response here.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
cbe_canada said:
Thanks Gregor. Have to go through the same process. just wondering whether to stretch our workpermit to the maximum possible days in the event of getting a BOWP rejection or something ?
Bad idea, in my opinion.

I'm reaching my 4 years limit in April so I applied for BOWP on December, a bit less than 4 months in advance

I expect a decision in 3 months, if negative I can re-apply quickly before WP expires to get Implicit Status.

I'm supposing only reason for refusal could be a mistake in my end.

If you apply later you will be in Implicit Status, that could be a problem with some employers and some Provincial Healthcare.

If you get a refusal you're out of options, just apply for status restoration or visitor visa BUT you'll be in a more complicated situation.

Fortunately I get my COPR (EE) yesterday so today I applied for BOWP application withdrawal

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Gregor.Samsa said:
Bad idea, in my opinion.

I'm reaching my 4 years limit in April so I applied for BOWP on December, a bit less than 4 months in advance

I expect a decision in 3 months, if negative I can re-apply quickly before WP expires to get Implicit Status.

I'm supposing only reason for refusal could be a mistake in my end.

If you apply later you will be in Implicit Status, that could be a problem with some employers and some Provincial Healthcare.

If you get a refusal you're out of options, just apply for status restoration or visitor visa BUT you'll be in a more complicated situation.

Fortunately I get my COPR (EE) yesterday so today I applied for BOWP application withdrawal

You received COPR yesterday? And applied September 2014?

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
You received COPR yesterday? And applied September 2014?
Nevermind just saw the "EE"

cbe_canada

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
Hello friends,

I heard from my friends who just completed Masters that they were able to get workpermit on spot at the Niagara rainbow bridge border. So this is PGWP. Will this be the same for BOWP too ?
Anyone tried this or know any information regarding this ?

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
HI Friends,

QUESTION REGARDING BOWP ? As i Old CEC (September,2014 Applicant)

My PGWP and my wife (dependent)Work Permit will expiry in August,2016 and i am sure i will need a BOWP therefore i need some help from you guys if you please share your thought here.

How to i and my wife both can apply BOWP as same time ?

Do i need to go for paper base or online application ?

What are the step that i need to be consider before applying BOWP ?

Please guide me,

Thank you,

AK

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
cbe_canada said:
Hello friends,

I heard from my friends who just completed Masters that they were able to get workpermit on spot at the Niagara rainbow bridge border. So this is PGWP. Will this be the same for BOWP too ?
Anyone tried this or know any information regarding this ?
No, you cannot.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
AK84 said:
HI Friends,

QUESTION REGARDING BOWP ? As i Old CEC (September,2014 Applicant)

My PGWP and my wife (dependent)Work Permit will expiry in August,2016 and i am sure i will need a BOWP therefore i need some help from you guys if you please share your thought here.

How to i and my wife both can apply BOWP as same time ? Your wife fill out a form authorizing you to apply in her behalf (It's online)

Do i need to go for paper base or online application ?
Both are valid, I prefer online.

What are the step that i need to be consider before applying BOWP ?
Apply not sooner than 4 months before current WP expires, because process is like 3 months, better apply soon.
Documents need: AOR, current WP, marriage certificates (I forgot it in my application , I think) and a Letter of Explanation.

Please guide me,

Thank you,

AK
There are some posts explaining BOWP application in this forum. It's a little bit tricky because form isn't too clear.

neevan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Personally, I feel EE is the best way to avoid this delay regarding old CEC, which may increase processing time for SURE. CIC guys are really playing with our life's. Seriously they are jerks.

I lost my patience on this stupid OLD system. They could have at least rejected my application so that there will be an only option left with EE.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
AK84 said:
what is that form name?
I would like to suggest you to start the online application process to familiarize with forms and documents.

You have to go to myCIC online, just start the process requesting to work temporarily more than 6 months when answering initial questions.

Of course you don't need to submit/pay the application until the right moment (be sure forms date are consistent with application date)

Prax

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
I too received those emails. Initially very disappointed, but on the positive side at lsat we can see some drift in a process that has been completely stalled for months...
Hoping it's a good sign ...